You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

GAA Football 2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 85>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2018 at 9:48pm
Great start for John Sugrue and Laois.

Johnno, Gingie and Walsh were the only three lads in their late 20s (no player over 30) started today as far as I'm aware.

Brilliant to see so many young lads getting a chance, the likes of Meaney, Begley, McMahon, Strong etc all have something to offer but the league is the time to blood new faces!

Super win for Tipperary, hopefully bigger things to come this year! Clap

"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2018 at 6:28pm
Originally posted by colmoc colmoc wrote:

This game between an Gaeltacht and the moy is entertaining despite the score being 0-05 to 0-03 after 55 mins
Moy lads starting to lose the heads makes it better

The cream always rises
Mad finish to the game, Colm Cavanagh had some game. Big Sean gets another run out at HQ. Topper will be happy
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2018 at 9:31am

Stay classy Ewan.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2018 at 12:26pm
Very early in the season of course, but caught up with the highlights from the opening round of games from the league last night.

I wasn't very impressed with Kerry or Donegal. Both teams looked shaky at the back. Kerry had a number of men who aren't that physically big and you would imagine they wouldn't count against the Dubs or Mayo.
Dublin seemed to toy with Kildare for the first half. Brian Fenton, what a footballer. Flynn in full forward for Kildare seems a player too but was greedy a couple of times. Kildare overall put up a good display.

Tyrone only got 3 points from play in Galway. Not good. Good spot by the ref to send off McCurry as well

As I said all early in the season so no need for panic, but just a few observations

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 30 Jan 2018 at 12:27pm
Bo Jackson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bo Jackson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2018 at 12:58pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Very early in the season of course, but caught up with the highlights from the opening round of games from the league last night.

I wasn't very impressed with Kerry or Donegal. Both teams looked shaky at the back. Kerry had a number of men who aren't that physically big and you would imagine they wouldn't count against the Dubs or Mayo.
Dublin seemed to toy with Kildare for the first half. Brian Fenton, what a footballer. Flynn in full forward for Kildare seems a player too but was greedy a couple of times. Kildare overall put up a good display.

Tyrone only got 3 points from play in Galway. Not good. Good spot by the ref to send off McCurry as well

As I said all early in the season so no need for panic, but just a few observations

Galway Bay FM described during the game that Galway players being challenged by Tyrone players as "being molested" and "absolutely raped".
You don't know Bo?

2018 YBIG Fantasy Football Champ!
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2018 at 1:42pm

Thought Kildare actually did quite well in the first half and should've been 6/7 points up at half time but Dublin were a different class in second half. 2-05 without reply i think, killed the game. 2-10 was good scoring for Kildare in fairness but hard to compete with a team that brings McManamon, Mannion, McMahon & Andrews off the bench. They've a serious squad of players
Some people just deserve a slap
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2018 at 3:00pm

Very hard to get any indication from a short highlights show! Kerry and Donegal had inexperienced teams out tbf. 5 of our 6 backs wern't there. Hope we keep up the attacking play instead of the sh*te under Gallagher!
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2018 at 3:02pm
Yeah, seem to be racking up big scores at least so far under Bonner. O'Se in the studio commented on that and said surely Tyrone need to be doing better than 3 points from play when you see how teams like Donegal and Kerry are playing.
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2018 at 8:37pm

Yeah, seem to be racking up big scores at least so far under Bonner. O'Se in the studio commented on that and said surely Tyrone need to be doing better than 3 points from play when you see how teams like Donegal and Kerry are playing.

We have done more attacking in the first 5 games of the year under bonner than we did in 3 years under Gallagher.

We are very loose at the back atm but are trying out a number of players will have the experience of McGee, mcglynn and McGrath to come back in their before championship starts

Really looking forward to seeing us later in the year when pitches are solid etc as alot of good talent there now and unlike Gallagher Bonner is giving them a chance (I'm delighted as been calling out for it last 3 or 4 years) having mcloone and mcniolas back is massive too they like new players to the team.

Personally think we overpriced to win Ulster thus year with bookies having us as 11/2 3rd favourite. We on separate side of the draw as monaghan and Tyrone so should be at least making a final imo
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2018 at 1:50pm
Joanne Cantwell to anchor the Sunday Game from 2019
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2018 at 1:56pm

Joanne Cantwell to anchor the Sunday Game from 2019

Great choice from RTE

She's an excellent presenter.
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 2:27pm
Great win for London yesterday - With an ever-growing number of London born players now making the starting 15, things are definitely on the up !
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 2:43pm
Disappointing not to get anything from yesterday's game (although shouldn't be surprised never win in letterkenny)

Galway looked much fitter than us so they could so for their sake would hope they haven't peaked to soon in the year (like we did last year and roscommon did few years ago)

Doesn't get any easier for this young donegal team with an away game to dublin this weekend. Don't expect to get anything from the game in relation to points but hoping the experience will bring few of the younger players on. Also let's hope paddy mcbearty can keep his current form going he's kicked 8 points or more in all gsmes he's played in for us in 2018. Looking forward to see what kind of threat we will have in the FF line when Murphy comes back as all signs are pointing to Bonner playing both of them inside and playing a more direct style of play
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bo Jackson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 2:50pm
To be honest, if we stayed up this year and made the Super 8's, with or without a Connacht title, the season will be a success.

We are blooding a lot of youngsters in. Sean Andy O'Ceallaigh, Peter Cooke for example. A lot of new faces being tried out too. On top of that, we'll have a couple of Corofin lads to bolster the squad. Comer and Walsh are assuming more responsibility which is great to see.

All in all, to get two wins from two is amazing. By no means have we dominated or swept either game but we've grounded out two hard wins. We should get one more from either Mayo/Kildare/Monaghan to stay up. After that we can gauge ourselves against Dublin and Kerry and see how far off we are. We might be miles away but I'm very optimistic for Galway football.

We need to lay the foundations of a squad that will be at the business end of Championship football year in year out. 3 out of the last 4 quarter finals wasn't great considering how we lost each time. I hope we're ready to take the next step this summer.
You don't know Bo?

bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 2:57pm
Went up to Tyrone Dublin game Saturday night (£14 entry for terracing Censored)
Decent first half from us. Dublin goal was out of nothing and the high ball wasn't dealt with properly. You had the feeling though that Dublin were just toying with us and in second gear. Second half was a disappointment, too many wides and missed chances, Conor McAliskey had a one on one with Cluxton to level it up and could have have just side stepped him. Dublin were deserved winners although there were a few positives for Tyrone such as an impressive performance from Lee Brennan in his first start as well as glimpses from Conor McAlsikey. Massive game next against Kildare-losers will likely be relegated.

Some amount of Dubs about the town which was good to see, Id say the Silver Birches Hotel had some shock-good job the army camp is gone!
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bo Jackson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 3:00pm
It's a shame the GAA have kept a leash on Dublin games in Croker for the Championship. They always bring great numbers with them that boost local economies. I'm looking forward to travelling down with them to Salthill on Paddys weekend LOL
You don't know Bo?

the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 3:19pm
Originally posted by Bo Jackson Bo Jackson wrote:

It's a shame the GAA have kept a leash on Dublin games in Croker for the Championship. They always bring great numbers with them that boost local economies. I'm looking forward to travelling down with them to Salthill on Paddys weekend LOL

It's going to be absolute carnage in Galway that weekend LOL
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bo Jackson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 3:22pm
Plenty of sore heads to be battered by the wind in Pearse Stadium the next day LOL
You don't know Bo?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 85>
  Share Topic