You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

GAA Football 2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7374757677 85>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2018 at 4:03pm
Originally posted by kimbap kimbap wrote:

Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

I thought what spoke volumes of Dublin was the Kilkenny point which stopped the rot at 0-5 - 0-1. It was lightning quick from back to front and at that point you knew Dublin had moved to the requisite gear.

I also got the impression that the Dublin team really enjoyed this win and looked it at the end of the game. It’s a very special generation of player and Dublin fans should acknowledge that this won’t last forever and we are already seeing other counties develop at underage level.

Four in a row!!

When one county gets 8-10 times the funding of their competitors then there's only one outcome.

Hard to give Dublin any credit under these circumstances....which is a shame as they undoubtedly have some of the best players ever.However they're always be an á sterisk beside their achievements.

Change the record. 
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2018 at 4:10pm
Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

Originally posted by kimbap kimbap wrote:

Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

I thought what spoke volumes of Dublin was the Kilkenny point which stopped the rot at 0-5 - 0-1. It was lightning quick from back to front and at that point you knew Dublin had moved to the requisite gear.

I also got the impression that the Dublin team really enjoyed this win and looked it at the end of the game. It’s a very special generation of player and Dublin fans should acknowledge that this won’t last forever and we are already seeing other counties develop at underage level.

Four in a row!!

When one county gets 8-10 times the funding of their competitors then there's only one outcome.

Hard to give Dublin any credit under these circumstances....which is a shame as they undoubtedly have some of the best players ever.However they're always be an á sterisk beside their achievements.

Change the record. 

Kimmy ,how are those lemons LOL
kimbap View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimbap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2018 at 5:30pm
I have to agree with most people that it was a sh1te championship .

However I really enjoyed roscommon in the super 8s and hope they get there again next year.

Neil Armstrong View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cyavan Cyunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Armstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2018 at 3:00pm
http://hoganstand.com/Article/Index/289981?county=National

National League Fixtures 2019

Horrendous draw for Cavan three home draws Kerry, Roscommon, Dublin (last match), and Galway, Mayo, Tyrone, Monaghan all Away! Certain relegation along with Monaghan or Roscommon!Unhappy
Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cyavan Cyunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Armstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2018 at 3:04pm
Dead

2019 Allianz Football League Provisional Fixtures

Saturday 26 January

Division 1 round 1

(7.0): Mayo v Roscommon

Sunday 27 January

Division 1 round 1

(2.0): Kerry v Tyrone

TBC Galway v Cavan

TBC Monaghan v Dublin

Saturday 2 February

Division 1 round 2

(7.0): Dublin v Galway

Sunday 3 February

Division 1 round 2

(2.0): Cavan v Kerry

TBC Roscommon v Monaghan

TBC Tyrone v Mayo

Saturday 9 February

Division 1 round 3

(7.0): Kerry v Dublin

(7.0): Mayo v Cavan

(7.0): Monaghan v Galway

Sunday 10 February

Division 1 round 3

(2.0): Roscommon v Tyrone

Saturday 23 February

Division 1 round 4

(7.0): Dublin v Mayo

(7.0): Tyrone v Monaghan

Sunday 24 February

Division 1 round 4

(2.0): Galway v Kerry

TBC Cavan v Roscommon

Saturday 2 March

Division 1 round 5

(7.0): Mayo v Galway

(7.0): Tyrone v Cavan

Sunday 3 March

Division 1 round 5

(2.0): Roscommon v Dublin

TBC Kerry v Monaghan

Saturday 16 March

Division 1 round 6

(2.0): Galway v Roscommon

(7.0): Dublin v Tyrone

(7.0): Kerry v Mayo

(7.0): Monaghan v Cavan

Sunday 24 March

Division 1 round 7

(2.0): Cavan v Dublin

(2.0): Mayo v Monaghan

(2.0): Roscommon v Kerry

(2.0): Tyrone v Galway

bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2018 at 3:31pm
My highlight of the year was the night the Dubs were in Omagh, best occasion and atmosphere I have ever witnessed in Omagh.

And you go on on about funding and how much the Dubs get, but at the end of the day you can only put 15 out on the pitch and you have to hand it to the Dubs. Its every other county's responsibility to get their own house in order and drag their standards and levels up to the level of the Dubs.

Roll on The McKenna Cup...
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2018 at 3:36pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2018 at 10:52am
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2018 at 11:13am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

https://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/paul-kimmage-sits-down-with-sean-cavanagh-to-talk-retirement-the-mcmanus-incident-and-how-he-never-really-knew-mickey-harte-37297045.html

Talks some sh*t in that. Says he went to bed at 1 O'Clock after an All Ireland Final win because he didn't like the attention LOL

Looking forward to the bit where he addresses the "malicious rumours" surrounding his private life Evil Smile
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2018 at 11:33am
It was 3.40 in the morning it says in that interview.

Getting out of the car in Moy and walking for hours until 1am after losing to Mayo in 2016 was a strange story.

Any truth in those "malicious rumours" Bog?
heard them a number of times. I take it he denies them in the book?
eboue16 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eboue16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2018 at 11:51am
Brolly expectedly comes across as a ball bag.

An irritating githery mythery self centred ball bag

Edited by eboue16 - 10 Sep 2018 at 11:51am
"He f**ked me over and my attitude is an eye for an eye."
Roy Keane
Talking about Alf Inge Haaland tackle
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2018 at 12:03pm
Originally posted by eboue16 eboue16 wrote:

Brolly expectedly comes across as a ball bag.

An irritating githery mythery self centred ball bag

+1

Seems like a total pest.

bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2018 at 12:29pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

It was 3.40 in the morning it says in that interview.

Getting out of the car in Moy and walking for hours until 1am after losing to Mayo in 2016 was a strange story.

Any truth in those "malicious rumours" Bog?
heard them a number of times. I take it he denies them in the book?
It was 3.40 in the morning and he was lying awake on the bed since 1am I think he said.

Yeah strange story alright, sounds like pure bull just to grab a headline and boost book sales

Yeah he denies them. Heard a good few rumours about him-you wouldn't have to go far to find someone that believes them. Not sure either way if I'm being honest. His wife's brother is Charlie Vernon, the Armagh player
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2018 at 4:18pm
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 11:58pm
Good interview with the Mayo ladies manager on Colm Parkinson’s GAA Hour podcast in relation to the player walkout and the so called player welfare issues raised in the squad
kimbap View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimbap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2018 at 11:06am
Originally posted by bogball88 bogball88 wrote:

Good interview with the Mayo ladies manager on Colm Parkinson’s GAA Hour podcast in relation to the player walkout and the so called player welfare issues raised in the squad

Really doesn't reflect well on Carnacon players if this true......that's an understatement .

Of course there are 3 sides to every story though.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cyavan Cyunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Armstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2018 at 3:05pm
I see Sean Cavanagh was in the wars again taken to hospital with a nasty facial injuryOuch
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2018 at 3:52pm
Some weekend of championship action in Tyrone this weekend hard to know which story to start with and Ardboe v Clonoe hasn’t even started yet LOL
Tyrone ladies won intermediate all Ireland 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7374757677 85>
  Share Topic