You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

GAA Football 2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6263646566 85>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2018 at 9:38am
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Monaghan were ridden  by the ref IMO 
Yeah there was a few odd frees giving and then some that should have been giving not giving, was really hoping the Monaghan would edge it, just thought that they would actually make the final a better spectacle with the game they play
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2018 at 9:43am
Beggan getting a lot of criticsm for his shot at the end.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2018 at 9:47am
Did Tyrone not give Dublin a game during the Super 8?

The scoreline suggest it was close enough 0-14 - 1-14 to Dublin.

Or was Dublin in 3/4th gear for that game?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2018 at 9:51am
The result was never in much doubt that day in Omagh, despite Tyrone narrowing the pitch. They got a few scores late on to get the deficit back to a goal but the Dubs were never in much danger.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2018 at 9:56am
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

I thought there was a foul just before the end which ref bottled a bit which I was actually surprised as it would have made it all even and the GAA would have gotten themselves a nice replay  -unless these games now go to extra time??? and the ref didn't fancy another 20 minutes

Wasn't a foul, he threw himself to the ground looking for it and make more contact if anything.

Few bad calls otherwise but no more than any match
Neil Armstrong View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cyavan Cyunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Armstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2018 at 10:02am
Originally posted by Neil Armstrong Neil Armstrong wrote:

Originally posted by colmoc colmoc wrote:

5/6 Dublin -6 Galway +6 6/5
6/5 Dublin -7 Galway +7 5/6
6/4 Dublin -8 Galway +8 8/13
2/1 Dublin -9 Galway +9 4/9

Evs Tyrone -1 Monaghan +1 Evs
7/5 Tyrone -2 Monaghan +2 8/11
15/8 Tyrone -3 Monaghan +3 1/2
13/5 Tyrone -4 Monaghan +4 4/11

Dublin -7 for me, would love to take Monaghan +2 but cannot see pass Tyrone -2 the way Tyrone finished off Donegal last week in Ballybofey was unreal, its a big ask for Galway Monaghan this weekend would be great to see those two teams in the Final for a change.
forget about Monaghan +2

It’s monaghan -2 you wanna get onBig smile

yeah...the bus homeLOL

BumpLOL
Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!
Bo Jackson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bo Jackson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2018 at 10:03am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Beggan getting a lot of criticsm for his shot at the end.

And rightly so. Two Monaghan players either side of him. One further out on the sideline. And he decides to bomb it aimlessly inside. Hughes (I think) wasn't even looking for the ball. He was standing flat footed. Now their was acres of space in front of him and if he came out looking for it, that would be grand. But that wasn't the case. As it happened, he has to fight for a 50/50 ball he never expected.

Beggan was smart by coming out of goal and creating the extra man late on. Why didn't he have the sense to use it when it was on? When all the momentum was on their side again!
You don't know Bo?

2018 YBIG Fantasy Football Champ!
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cyavan Cyunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Armstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2018 at 10:03am
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Originally posted by bogball88 bogball88 wrote:

Spare ticket available for Tyrone v Monaghan on Sunday, Lower Hogan Stand. £41/€45. Let me know if interested. Can meet you at the ground
Hope to f**k an Irishman takes this

Small county mentality-hates the neighbours
you love all your neighbours I suppose? For the record..no issues at all with Louth, Armagh or Fermanagh. Its just ****s we hate, and your lot and Cyavan fit the billThumbs Up

I hope your suffering todayTongue
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2018 at 10:04am

The result was never in much doubt that day in Omagh, despite Tyrone narrowing the pitch. They got a few scores late on to get the deficit back to a goal but the Dubs were never in much danger.

Aye. what I thought, Dublin in Croke Park are a different proposition I expect an easy win
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2018 at 10:05am
The final will be spoiled by a litany of fouls and it will be no surprise to see a few sent off, I wonder what shenanigans  Mickey mouth will try to come up with now
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2018 at 10:45am

Ronan O'Neill missed a sitter of a free to reduce the deficit to one point with about two minutes of normal time left.

Had he got that, it definitely would have been in doubt.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2018 at 10:51am
There'll be more than 3 points in the final anyway
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2018 at 11:01am
Dublin have a virtually impeccable record in finals this decade, but not one has been won easily (2015 was the least taxing), and the vast majority by the slimmest of margins. The win in Omagh would suggest that they should have more than enough to beat Tyrone, who have looked impressive at times, but seem to have stumbled into the final, having lost as many championship games this year as Dublin have since lifting Sam in 2011.

I think this could be a tight game early on, but I feel if it remains that way, Dublin’s bench, big game experience, and stamina in tight matches will do just about enough. But Harte is experienced enough to at least equip his team with the tools to make it a very competitive game.
Trigboy 10 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigboy 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2018 at 11:05am
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

I thought there was a foul just before the end which ref bottled a bit which I was actually surprised as it would have made it all even and the GAA would have gotten themselves a nice replay  -unless these games now go to extra time??? and the ref didn't fancy another 20 minutes
Yep another 20 minutes of extra time! That's always the way with the Gaa if that was for a lucrative replay the free would be given! 

Edited by Trigboy 10 - 13 Aug 2018 at 11:05am
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2018 at 11:27am

Spare ticket available for Tyrone v Monaghan on Sunday, Lower Hogan Stand. £41/€45. Let me know if interested. Can meet you at the ground

you love all your neighbours I suppose? For the record..no issues at all with Louth, Armagh or Fermanagh. Its just ****s we hate, and your lot and Cyavan fit the billThumbs Up

I am...for various reasons.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cyavan Cyunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Armstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2018 at 11:36am

What took ye up there in the first placeLOL
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2018 at 11:39am
Paddy Power have the line for the All Ireland final as Dublin -6.
I wonder has there ever been a football final with such a big line, since bookies started pricing these things up. 
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2018 at 11:42am

What took ye up there in the first placeLOL
Thats a tale for a barstool....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6263646566 85>
  Share Topic