You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

GAA Football 2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4647484950 85>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2018 at 2:55pm
Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

bitter culchies strike again.

Were told we need to share the hill on all ireland final day because its not our home ground and then on the same hand, when the CCCC fix games at a venue a full year in advance (not knowing the dubs are involved) we are told its not a neutral venue. We can't win.

Let's play at parnell, look after our season ticket and pass holders and let's hear them complain when they can't get tickets. 

Or better yet, let's build our own ground and look after ourselves. 

Sure we've paid for croker multiple times over. 

Jesus Christ LOL

Is there anyone more victimised and put upon than Dublin GAA!

Edited by the_walls - 04 Jul 2018 at 3:03pm
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2018 at 2:59pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Originally posted by Fruice Fruice wrote:

it's ludicrous that Dublin get 2 games in Croke Park as every year they will have advantage over all other counties and thus a better chance of getting out of the group.

Paraic Duffy is on record saying it's an advantage to Dublin playing in Croke Park twice.

And yet all counties knew this and 76% voted for it. So that's on them. 

Exactly correct. County boards can't be complaining now when they signed up to the rules in the first place!
kimbap View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimbap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2018 at 3:00pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

And none of it helped us between 95 and 2011 

Such absolute bitterness.

If that's you're argument it's not great my friend.

Also I'm open to correction here but was it around the mid noughties that unfair financial advantages started in earnest be given to dublin? they started to see the fruits of this as you would expect a few years later.

You cant defend a situation where the average player in Mayo or Kerry gets less top level coaching as a result of finance from Croke Park.There was a report on it recently...and it was hilighted on several sports shows...something like Dublin get 8-10 times the amount.

Can't be bothered going looking for links as explaining these things is like trying to talking to Trump....they just don't want to hear it.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2018 at 3:12pm
Originally posted by kimbap kimbap wrote:

Also I'm open to correction here but was it around the mid noughties that unfair financial advantages started in earnest be given to dublin? they started to see the fruits of this as you would expect a few years later.

You cant defend a situation where the average player in Mayo or Kerry gets less top level coaching as a result of finance from Croke Park.There was a report on it recently...and it was hilighted on several sports shows...something like Dublin get 8-10 times the amount.

Can't be bothered going looking for links as explaining these things is like trying to talking to Trump....they just don't want to hear it.

And yet they've constantly been at the business end of the Championship with there only ever been  no more than a few points between them and Dublin when they've met. Cry me a f**kin river.

Kerry are hardly in the poor house in fact far from it

Edited by Denis Irwin - 04 Jul 2018 at 3:14pm
kimbap View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimbap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2018 at 3:17pm

Originally posted by kimbap kimbap wrote:

And yet they've constantly been at the business end of the Championship with there only ever been  no more than a few points between them and Dublin when they've met. Cry me a f**kin river.

Kerry are hardly in the poor house in fact far from it

You've just made my point for me.ThanksClap
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2018 at 3:20pm
BTW do yourself a favour and stop listening to gobsh*tes like Ewan McKenna and the lads from Off The Ball as I presume that's who you're referring to with "Sports Shows"
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Trigboy 10 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigboy 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2018 at 6:18pm

There was no league games played there between 95 and 2011 that's the difference! Think it was 2012 or 2013 when the league games moved to Croke Park!

Edited by Trigboy 10 - 04 Jul 2018 at 6:19pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2018 at 6:33pm
Originally posted by Trigboy 10 Trigboy 10 wrote:

There was no league games played there between 95 and 2011 that's the difference! Think it was 2012 or 2013 when the league games moved to Croke Park!

That still wouldn't have helped us win AI's
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Fruice View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2018 at 9:21pm

Well it has helped ye since ye went there for league games so there is a good chance if would have helped ye in some way.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2018 at 9:38pm

Well it has helped ye since ye went there for league games so there is a good chance if would have helped ye in some way.

Ah would ye go way out of that. Anything to diminish our success. It's always something other than us just having a good team. Same aul whingey sh*te. 

Fruice View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2018 at 10:28pm

Ah would ye go way out of that. Anything to diminish our success. It's always something other than us just having a good team. Same aul whingey sh*te. 
Where has anyone said ye don't have a good team?
Could you point it out to me please?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2018 at 10:31pm

Where has anyone said ye don't have a good team?
Could you point it out to me please?

It's your  insinuation that playing in Croker has helped us win AI's. 

Fruice View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2018 at 10:38pm
For sure it's been an advantage to ye that's what I'm saying all day it's not fair that ye play yer super 8 games there.
all I want is a fair system nothing else.
Dublin are the best team out there with out giveing them the any further advantage

oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2018 at 10:46pm
ye? Yeee- ha! f**kin culch bollocks, away and have a big cry
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2018 at 10:46pm

For sure it's been an advantage to ye that's what I'm saying all day it's not fair that ye play yer super 8 games there.
Dublin are the best team out there with out giveing them the any further advantage

And I'm saying it's f**k all advantage just another stick for us to be beaten with. If our success isn't because of playing in Croker it's becuase the refs  apparently favour us if it's not the refs supposedly favouring us , It's our population and we should be split in two and so on. 

Fruice View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2018 at 10:52pm

And I'm saying it's f**k all advantage just another stick for us to be beaten with. If our success isn't because of playing in Croker it's becuase the refs  apparently favour us if it's not the refs supposedly favouring us , It's our population and we should be split in two and so on. 
So your telling me that playing Donegal in Croke Park is of no advantage to ye?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2018 at 10:58pm

Nope. Donegal had no problems in 2014 when the beat us in the semi final 

Fruice View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2018 at 11:13pm

Nope. Donegal had no problems in 2014 when the beat us in the semi final 
Wow that's some argument.
And tell me what all the fuss last week was about home advantage for Kildare Vs Mayo.
Because playing at home is of huge advantage.
If you are that set what was agreed at congressthen Dublin should play there home game in Parnell Park just so everything is above board.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4647484950 85>
  Share Topic