You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

GAA Football 2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4546474849 85>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2018 at 11:12am
Very childish from Donegal. Rules have been there for ages.

Should have it at Wexford Park to shove it to them
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2018 at 11:14am
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Very childish from Donegal. Rules have been there for ages.

Should have it at Wexford Park to shove it to them

Nah the Stade De Frank would be even better LOL
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Fruice View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2018 at 11:29am
it's ludicrous that Dublin get 2 games in Croke Park as every year they will have advantage over all other counties and thus a better chance of getting out of the group.

Paraic Duffy is on record saying it's an advantage to Dublin playing in Croke Park twice.

Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2018 at 11:31am
Originally posted by Fruice Fruice wrote:

it's ludicrous that Dublin get 2 games in Croke Park as every year they will have advantage over all other counties and thus a better chance of getting out of the group.

Paraic Duffy is on record saying it's an advantage to Dublin playing in Croke Park twice.

And yet all counties knew this and 76% voted for it. So that's on them. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2018 at 11:33am

And yet we went form 1995 to 2011 without winning an AI or even getting to a final. It's odd how this advantage spiel has only reared it's head since 2011......

Edited by Denis Irwin - 04 Jul 2018 at 11:33am
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2018 at 12:12pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

And yet all counties knew this and 76% voted for it. So that's on them. 

Spot on Borussia, no point counties calling foul now they knew what was in store. 
Fruice View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2018 at 12:20pm
I'd love to know the exact wording at congress Duffy is also on record saying it can be amended.
I would bet you any money if Kerry could get the dubs in killarney for an all Ireland final they would have taken it in.
This arguement of what was done traditionally doesn't hold sway it just points out that they have had a clear advantage for years.
Only other solution is take there home game out of Croke park and do the same for the league and championship

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2018 at 12:24pm

I'd love to know the exact wording at congress Duffy is also on record saying it can be amended.
I would bet you any money if Kerry could get the dubs in killarney for an all Ireland final they would have taken it in.
This arguement of what was done traditionally doesn't hold sway it just points out that they have had a clear advantage for years.
Only other solution is take there home game out of Croke park and do the same for the league and championship

What advantage  ?  We went from 95 to 2011 without appearing in a final never mind winning one. 

Fruice View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2018 at 12:30pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

What advantage  ?  We went from 95 to 2011 without appearing in a final never mind winning one. 
How many Leinster championship games, all Ireland series  and league games did ye play there in that time compared to every other county?
just because ye didn't win doesn't mean it wasn't an advantage to ye.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2018 at 12:34pm

How many Leinster championship games, all Ireland series  and league games did ye play there in that time compared to every other county?

What ?" Just because ye didn't win it doesn't mean it wasn't an advantage"  

LOLLOL

Contradiction there surely it's only an advantage when you gain something.

Where are you from btw 

nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2018 at 1:03pm
That's not a contradiction.

If Bray were to play Cork in Bray, it's clearly more advantageous than playing in Cork even though we'd likely still lose.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2018 at 1:09pm
Ah here.

As I said already this advantageous spiel has only cropped up since 2011. There wasn't an issue before then (I wonder why). 76% of counties voted for this set up so they clearly don't see it.

There is nothing stopping the other counties from nominating Croker as their ground for their home game btw

Edited by Denis Irwin - 04 Jul 2018 at 1:10pm

nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2018 at 1:15pm
True but you can't say it's not advantageous when it is for multiple reasons.

Not sure why any county could nominate a ground in another county for a home game.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2018 at 1:32pm

So do Roscommon 
Fruice View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2018 at 1:35pm

What ?" Just because ye didn't win it doesn't mean it wasn't an advantage"  

LOLLOL

Contradiction there surely it's only an advantage when you gain something.

Where are you from btw 
No contradiction it's an absolute advantage for Dublin to be playing in croke park ye might have lost those days by more had it not been in yer home ground.
Ye understand the dynamics of the ground, yer don't have the effect of the big game in croke park to effect yer team yer fan base is on Croke park door step so much more affordable and easier to have a larger support.
These were all advantages ye had over the other teams even when ye lost.

I'm from cork 
Fruice View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2018 at 1:37pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

So do Roscommon 
But it's not Roscommonshome Ground it is dublin in there lies the difference.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2018 at 1:38pm
And none of it helped us between 95 and 2011 

Such absolute bitterness.

Fruice View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2018 at 1:42pm

And none of it helped us between 95 and 2011 

Such absolute bitterness.
I'm not in the slightest bitter I just want fairness.
If you can't see that this rule works in Dublins favour this conversation is pointless 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4546474849 85>
  Share Topic