You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

GAA Football 2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4344454647 85>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2018 at 3:12pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

I hope it's Dublin v Armagh on the Saturday. Am home that weekend and the ould lad is from Armagh !

Confused

Dublin Donegal that weekend.

Provincial Champions playing each other 

I was referring to the last weekend - I didn't make that clear !
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2018 at 3:14pm
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

I hope it's Dublin v Armagh on the Saturday. Am home that weekend and the ould lad is from Armagh !

Last chance to see Armagh play is this weekend Thumbs Up

My ould lad agrees but then he is the eternal pessimist when it comes to Armagh !
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2018 at 3:15pm

Confused

Dublin Donegal that weekend.

Provincial Champions playing each other 

I was referring to the last weekend - I didn't make that clear !

No worries Thumbs Up
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2018 at 4:37pm
Dublin v Donegal 7pm thrown in on the Saturday evening Clap

Galway v Kerry 4pm throw in on the Sunday Afternoon (Same time as the WC final)
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2018 at 5:15pm

ConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfused

ConfusedConfusedConfusedConfused

ConfusedConfused

ConfusedConfused

ConfusedConfused
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2018 at 5:26pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

ConfusedConfused

ConfusedConfused

ConfusedConfused

It's a 4pm KO for some bizarre reason and the 3rd/4th place playoff is a 3pm KO 

rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2018 at 6:14pm

ConfusedConfused

ConfusedConfused

ConfusedConfused

It's a 4pm KO for some bizarre reason and the 3rd/4th place playoff is a 3pm KO 

I presume it will be a double header on the 15th.Only named the 2 games were they know both teams so far.
Not much the GAA can do about it, Super 8s was always down for 14/15 July.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2018 at 6:19pm
Aye the only way around it would be a 12pm and 2pm throw in. But doubt it would suit the teams.

ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2018 at 9:09pm
Donegal county board to release a statement tonight on the super 8 game agaibst dublin. Believe their issue is how croke park is meant to he the neutral game in the group yet a few weeks later dublin are going to play their home game in the same ground 

Will be interesting how they get on personally cant see the game been played anywhere but croke park and in my opinion if any game should be moved out of croke park it should be dublins home game 
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2018 at 9:24pm
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

Donegal county board to release a statement tonight on the super 8 game agaibst dublin. Believe their issue is how croke park is meant to he the neutral game in the group yet a few weeks later dublin are going to play their home game in the same ground 

Will be interesting how they get on personally cant see the game been played anywhere but croke park and in my opinion if any game should be moved out of croke park it should be dublins home game 

The 1st round games were specifically fixed for Croke Park. There was never any mention of a neutral venue for them

Edited by Denis Irwin - 03 Jul 2018 at 9:25pm

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2018 at 9:28pm

The games were specifically fixed for Croke Park. There was never any mention of a neutral venue for them

Well seeing as no team are apparently home or away would you not agree croke park is been used as a neutral venue in this instance.

Ultimately in terms of the groups the dubs will have 2 home games as they are using croke park as their stafium for the home game also. 

As said in my original post i dont really think the county board have a chsnce of getting the game moved and doesnt really bother me either will be wherever the game is played 

Edited by ringerbell - 03 Jul 2018 at 9:29pm
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2018 at 9:35pm
There was no mention of them being neutral though. It's disingenuous to suggest otherwise. This isn't a scenario of the GAA deciding on Croker at the last minute. It's been known for over a year the first round of games were to be played in Croker and yet it's only an issue now because of certian sh*t stirring journalists 

Edited by Denis Irwin - 03 Jul 2018 at 9:36pm

SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2018 at 10:08pm
Yeah, the three games are Croke, home and away, not neutral, home and away.

Dubs get two at Croke Park.
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2018 at 10:24pm

Parnell Park is Dublins home ground LOL
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2018 at 10:26pm

Do you not see it as an advantage over the other 3 teams in the group for dublin playing two games in croke park? 

8 teams will play in croke park over that weekend and for 7 of them its a neutral venue. Ive said already i see no way our game will be played anywhere else than croke park but i do see it as unfair that dublin will play 2 games their when everyone else plays 1.

The system of the super 8s needs altered too as no real incentive for provincial winners getting a game at home when its the 3rd game played sure if you in a very tough group could be knocked out already by the 3rd game 

Edited by ringerbell - 03 Jul 2018 at 10:27pm
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2018 at 10:34pm
Congress voted on it RB so its not Dublins fault.Was always going to be  2 games in Croker and one away ,the only issue is Croker is both home and neutral venue for Dublin.

I'd love to see Dublin say they will play a game in PP just to see the GAA freak outLOL
They will top that group no matter where they play the games .

Edited by rossieman - 03 Jul 2018 at 10:34pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2018 at 10:36pm

Do you not see it as an advantage over the other 3 teams in the group for dublin playing two games in croke park? 

8 teams will play in croke park over that weekend and for 7 of them its a neutral venue. Ive said already i see no way our game will be played anywhere else than croke park but i do see it as unfair that dublin will play 2 games their when everyone else plays 1.

The system of the super 8s needs altered too as no real incentive for provincial winners getting a game at home when its the 3rd game played sure if you in a very tough group could be knocked out already by the 3rd game 

Donegal had no issues beating us in Croker 2014. 

The cribbing from the CB is pathetic

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2018 at 10:38pm
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

Congress voted on it RB so its not Dublins fault.Was always going to be  2 games in Croker and one away ,the only issue is Croker is both home and neutral venue for Dublin.

I'd love to see Dublin say they will play a game in PP just to see the GAA freak outLOL
They will top that group no matter where they play the games .

I know and i dont see our county board getting anywhere with this either in fact would really suit them better if they sorted out some issues here in the county instead but wont hold my breath on that front alot of them will love the attention they get out of this Embarrassed

Edited by ringerbell - 03 Jul 2018 at 10:39pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4344454647 85>
  Share Topic