You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

GAA Football 2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3940414243 85>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2018 at 9:38pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

there is a T&C in te Season Tickets that in the case the capacity is not suitable the ST holders may not get a ticket. Thats what anyone with a ST signed up to. So as harsh as it may be, thats what you signed on the dotted line for and also not something that happens often or ever until now perhaps. So if ST holders have missed out or do miss out from either side, then tough beans.

My understanding of the relevant term is that season ticket holders will not be automatically entitled to a ticket if the amount of season ticket holders exceed the ground's capacity. That's not the case here
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2018 at 9:44pm
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

Originally posted by corkery corkery wrote:

If that happens it's a shambles. It should have been a 50/50 split at best .

I suppose GAA won't do any favours for Kildare now so not surprised. 

You can't do that. All thoses fans done a deal with the GAA for many years to ensure that they'd have tickets for games like this. These fans would have gone to all the league games too. The season ticket system would collapse if season ticket holders were passed over for newbies.

Exactly correct. Mayo had around 10,000 below in Limerick and Thurles. How many did Kildare bring to Derry or up the road to Longford? Not a lot I would guess. Mayo also hugely outnumbered Kildare in Newbridge in the league earlier this year. If season ticket holders aren't looked after then what is the point of having it. 

Of course they can do that ,there is no guarantee of a ticket just because you are involved in one of the ticket  schemes.You look after ST holders as best you can but not to the detriment of the other team.

The fairest way, look after the people with 100% ST records and work down  as far as your allocation allows.
There shouldn't be a general sale needed ,players sponsors get tickets and then the rest given to CBs to distribute via ticket schemes etc.

Its farcical to give an away team over 75% of tickets .I'm told by a cop on duty last Saturday in Longford,Kildare had about 3k or so at the game.

I dont see how poeple can't see that's it s not a huge issue.

The game should 100% be in Newbridge if Kildare want it there but this is the consequence of having it there. The Season Ticket was marketed as guaranteeing you entrance to all your team's games and an All Ireland Final ticket if your team gets there and you attend at least 60% of League and Championship. From what I can see in the terms, the only exception to this if the ground is too small to fit all the season ticket holders. This isn't the case here. Were the GAA to limit the amount of season ticket holders allowed into this game then they would be breaking their own rules in the same way they did with Kildare. It would be unacceptable. 

Edit: This is the relevant term.

42. In the event that the number of Season Ticket holders exceeds stadium capacity the GAA offers no guarantee of the availability of seats or entry to that fixture.

Edited by the_walls - 27 Jun 2018 at 9:52pm
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2018 at 9:45pm

Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

f**k them. It’s an away game, no away fan should guaranteed a ticket 

Then what's the point of the season ticket system?

And after the ructions on here over the years with away allocations and the FAI LOL
50/50 split, I’m not talking about a 5% allocation LOL
The sense of entitlement is strong here! 

Ah here will ya get the boat with sense of entitlement, for asking a question? LOL 

Again, what is the point of the season ticket scheme if you aren't going to admit some season ticket holders?
It’s not just yourself though is it. Multiple posters informing us there’ll be 75% of the allocation definitely going to mayo as they’ve the larger following is a sense of entitlement whether you like it or not. 
It’s a home game for Kildare, what’s the point of home & away games so.... sure just play every game in Croker and be done with all home advantage. 
The season ticket is a great idea, and works well but for grounds where capacity is less than demand then sadly some will miss out. 
Those moss deserving should get them. 
kimbap View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimbap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2018 at 9:49pm

And after the ructions on here over the years with away allocations and the FAI LOL

Ah here will ya get the boat with sense of entitlement, for asking a question? LOL 

Again, what is the point of the season ticket scheme if you aren't going to admit some season ticket holders?
It’s not just yourself though is it. Multiple posters informing us there’ll be 75% of the allocation definitely going to mayo as they’ve the larger following is a sense of entitlement whether you like it or not. 
It’s a home game for Kildare, what’s the point of home & away games so.... sure just play every game in Croker and be done with all home advantage. 
The season ticket is a great idea, and works well but for grounds where capacity is less than demand then sadly some will miss out. 

"those most deserving should get them? 
if only they was a way to figure this out......say perhaps a scheme.....maybe some sort of ticketing scheme. ..

oh wait .....
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2018 at 9:51pm

You can't do that. All thoses fans done a deal with the GAA for many years to ensure that they'd have tickets for games like this. These fans would have gone to all the league games too. The season ticket system would collapse if season ticket holders were passed over for newbies.

Exactly correct. Mayo had around 10,000 below in Limerick and Thurles. How many did Kildare bring to Derry or up the road to Longford? Not a lot I would guess. Mayo also hugely outnumbered Kildare in Newbridge in the league earlier this year. If season ticket holders aren't looked after then what is the point of having it. 

Of course they can do that ,there is no guarantee of a ticket just because you are involved in one of the ticket  schemes.You look after ST holders as best you can but not to the detriment of the other team.

The fairest way, look after the people with 100% ST records and work down  as far as your allocation allows.
There shouldn't be a general sale needed ,players sponsors get tickets and then the rest given to CBs to distribute via ticket schemes etc.

Its farcical to give an away team over 75% of tickets .I'm told by a cop on duty last Saturday in Longford,Kildare had about 3k or so at the game.

The game should 100% be in Newbridge if Kildare want it there but this is the consequence of having it there. The Season Ticket was marketed as guaranteeing you entrance to all your team's games and an All Ireland Final ticket if your team gets there and you attend at least 60% of League and Championship. From what I can see in the terms, the only exception to this if the ground is too small to fit all the season ticket holders. This isn't the case here. Were the GAA to limit the amount of season ticket holders allowed into this game then they would be breaking their own rules in the same way they did with Kildare. It would be unacceptable. 

My understanding of the rule is different but you may well be right and it wouldn't surprise me one bit.

the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2018 at 9:53pm
Just in case you missed it Rossie because I only added it as an edit, this is the relevant term.

42. In the event that the number of Season Ticket holders exceeds stadium capacity the GAA offers no guarantee of the availability of seats or entry to that fixture.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2018 at 9:53pm
Originally posted by kimbap kimbap wrote:

"those most deserving should get them? 
if only they was a way to figure this out......say perhaps a scheme.....maybe some sort of ticketing scheme. ..

oh wait .....
LOLSo everyone with a season ticket has 100% attendance...

Anyway that’s all that needs to be said, we’ll just be repeating ourselves. 
It’s a flawed system & home advantage is only an advantage if you’re a big county. 
Fair play to Kildare standing up for themselves 

Edited by 9fingers - 27 Jun 2018 at 9:57pm
Trigboy 10 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigboy 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2018 at 9:59pm
I'd say some Kildare fans are privately annoyed that the game is not taking place down the road in O'Moore Park! The Kildare county board in their eagerness to play in in Newbridge have basically locked out a huge amount of their own supporters from attending 

Edited by Trigboy 10 - 27 Jun 2018 at 9:59pm
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2018 at 9:59pm

Just in case you missed it Rossie because I only added it as an edit, this is the relevant term.

Thats a flawed T&C in itself as there will almost always be other ticketing comittments to fil, sponsors etc. Luckily this doesnt happen too often.
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2018 at 9:59pm

This is a consequence of the game being in Newbridge I'm afraid. Season ticket holders, whether you agree with it or not, are fully entitled to attend the game unless the stadium capacity is less than the amount of season ticket holders. This is the whole point of the season ticket.
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2018 at 10:01pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Thats a flawed T&C in itself as there will almost always be other ticketing comittments to fil, sponsors etc. Luckily this doesnt happen too often.

Fair point but it's the term none the less
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2018 at 10:05pm
Originally posted by Trigboy 10 Trigboy 10 wrote:

I'd say some Kildare fans are privately annoyed that the game is not taking place down the road in O'Moore Park! The Kildare county board in their eagerness to play in in Newbridge have basically locked out a huge amount of their own supporters from attending 

They were supposedly offered the chance to  nominate an alternative venue before hand in the event of a 'big draw' and they decided not to.
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
kimbap View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimbap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2018 at 10:52pm
if you want to guarantee yourself entry to big games then there is one way to do this.

Buy a season ticket.

This option was available to Kildare,think they sold a few hundred.

Funnily enough that option not available to Mayo.....been sold out for years and is a waiting list.Those fans won't be getting tickets either.

By the way ,support for Kildares stance was massive from Mayo...same as the rest of the country.They were dead right but one if the consequences is not everyone who wants to go can.

corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2018 at 11:04pm

Edit: This is the relevant term.

That's about seats. Like Ennis, you're guaranteed entry but not a seat.
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2018 at 11:33pm
To be fair, it specifically mentions entry:

42. In the event that the number of Season Ticket holders exceeds stadium capacity the GAA offers no guarantee of the availability of seats or entry to that fixture
kimbap View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimbap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2018 at 11:41pm

42. In the event that the number of Season Ticket holders exceeds stadium capacity the GAA offers no guarantee of the availability of seats or entry to that fixture

yeah it's mental! how many people would have known about this clause? Defo not me or any of my mates.Thankfully this isn't an issue as all season ticket holders of kildare and Mayo can be accommodated.

That communications guy Alan Milton from GAA on off the ball was a joke

Trigboy 10 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigboy 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2018 at 11:47pm
Originally posted by kimbap kimbap wrote:

yeah it's mental! how many people would have known about this clause? Defo not me or any of my mates.Thankfully this isn't an issue as all season ticket holders of kildare and Mayo can be accommodated.

That communications guy Alan Milton from GAA on off the ball was a joke

True! Was the same last night with Nicky Brennan so rude just had to keep going on and on! Disgraceful the both of them

Edited by Trigboy 10 - 27 Jun 2018 at 11:47pm
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2018 at 11:49pm

Hmmm, as a season ticket holder I'd be very annoyed if that ever happened. 
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3940414243 85>
  Share Topic