You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

GAA Football 2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2829303132 85>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimbap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2018 at 12:15pm
Tipp was not a draw I wanted for Mayo.

if you're a betting man this is the one to get on
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2018 at 12:16pm
Tipp could push Mayo far. Not a done deal for them at all particularly given it's in Semple 
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Bo Jackson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bo Jackson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2018 at 12:27pm
I'm not so sure, sooner rather than later we will see the end of this Mayo team but I don't see it happening against Tipp.

After a terrific 2016, what have they done? Two consectutive Munster semi-final defeats to Cork, this years coming by 11 points! They have progressed to Division 2 in the League but there is not much else to suggest they are going to overcome Mayo in my opinion.
You don't know Bo?

2018 YBIG Fantasy Football Champ!
Trigboy 10 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigboy 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2018 at 12:37pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Tipp could push Mayo far. Not a done deal for them at all particularly given it's in Semple 
Won't make any difference the Tipperary public don't really come out to watch the footballers! Mayo by about 10 points I'd say

Edited by Trigboy 10 - 11 Jun 2018 at 12:37pm
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2018 at 1:46pm
Originally posted by Trigboy 10 Trigboy 10 wrote:

Won't make any difference the Tipperary public don't really come out to watch the footballers! Mayo by about 10 points I'd say

They may get more than usual given the hurlers are now done for the summer.
d13dave View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d13dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2018 at 2:05pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by bogball88 bogball88 wrote:

Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

Felt that was a foul on the Meath man at the end
Was a foul surely. Harte could be caught up in a human sacrifice cult and Tyrone County Board probably wouldn’t sack him ever
I thought he was in the Catholic Church?

Wouldn't be surprised if he led them in a David Koresh style human sacrifice if they won another All Ireland. 

Cannot see it happening with their current squad though.

Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2018 at 2:11pm
Originally posted by Bo Jackson Bo Jackson wrote:

No real surprises, bar Waterford, over the weekend. At a glance, these are the teams I see progressing.

Tipperary v Mayo

Waterford v Monaghan

Cavan v Down

Carlow v Tyrone

Offaly v Clare

Longford v Kildare

Sligo v Armagh

Leitrim v Louth

Of the four provincial finals, you'd expect Fermanagh and Laois to miss out and join Round 4 of the qualifiers. Kerry are favourites in Munster and the Connacht Final could go either way.

Wouldn't write-off Longford or Offaly in their games. Would expect Galway to see off Roscommon
Some people just deserve a slap
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2018 at 5:36pm
Originally posted by Bo Jackson Bo Jackson wrote:

No real surprises, bar Waterford, over the weekend. At a glance, these are the teams I see progressing.

Tipperary v Mayo

Waterford v Monaghan

Cavan v Down

Carlow v Tyrone

Offaly v Clare

Longford v Kildare

Sligo v Armagh

Leitrim v Louth

Of the four provincial finals, you'd expect Fermanagh and Laois to miss out and join Round 4 of the qualifiers. Kerry are favourites in Munster and the Connacht Final could go either way.

I'd be shocked if Louth don't beat Leitrim.Leitrim are dire and probably at their lowest in a few years.

Louth- 1 at evs is a bet I'll be doing.I know they are poor and had a awful league campaign but  I couldn't believe how poor Leitrim were vs Roscommon, who didn't get out of first gear against them.
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2018 at 10:05pm
The whinging from certain sections of the Carlow crowd over losing to Laois yesterday Wacko

They just simply aren't capable of scoring from play (bar the odd exception) when Paul Broderick is kept quiet.

I have great respect for where that group of players have come from, they were a laughing stock 18 months ago and have restored pride in the Carlow jersey but my god the local media and large elements of their support are deluded.

Carlow play a horrendous brand of football that is grinding out results at the moments, in the short term its great but as we can see throughout Ireland more and more teams are adopting this brand of football and it'll all end in tears if they like other teams don't learn to adapt and play a more expansive brand.

Dr Cullen is a very tight pitch, Tyrone won't have the pockets of space they would be used to in the likes of Clones/Croker.
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2018 at 10:35pm
Wasn't at yesterdays game but in reality was another easy result for us. Another high score been put up with us scoring 2:22 with 2:16 of thst coming from play 

That's now 6:58 scored by us in 3 games (6:45 of that been scored from play) so its easy to be seen bonner is trying to adapt a much more attacking style with us whicj is good to watch. My only worry is our defence is still a little loose which the better teams in the super 8s will look to exploit but will look forward to another ulster final its our 7th final in the last 8 years

Edited by ringerbell - 12 Jun 2018 at 2:34pm
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2018 at 12:18am
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

The whinging from certain sections of the Carlow crowd over losing to Laois yesterday Wacko

They just simply aren't capable of scoring from play (bar the odd exception) when Paul Broderick is kept quiet.

I have great respect for where that group of players have come from, they were a laughing stock 18 months ago and have restored pride in the Carlow jersey but my god the local media and large elements of their support are deluded.

Carlow play a horrendous brand of football that is grinding out results at the moments, in the short term its great but as we can see throughout Ireland more and more teams are adopting this brand of football and it'll all end in tears if they like other teams don't learn to adapt and play a more expansive brand.

Dr Cullen is a very tight pitch, Tyrone won't have the pockets of space they would be used to in the likes of Clones/Croker.
Is it much of a walk from Carlow train station to Dr Cullen Park?
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2018 at 9:56am

No its not too bad, about 20 minutes would do it. Just come out of the train station, turn left down to the main road and left again. Will bring you straight to it
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2018 at 10:42am
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

Wasn't at yesterdays game but in reality was another easy result for us. Another high score been put up with us scoring 2:22 with 2:16 of thst coming from play 

That's now 6:58 scored by us in 3 games (6:45 of that been scored from play) so its easy to be seen bonner is trying to adapt a much more attacking style with us whicj is good to watch. My only worry is our defence is still a little loose which the better teams in the super 8s will look to exploit but will look forward to another ulster final 1st our 7th final in the last 8 years
I'm away for it again!Only been to one of the Ulster finals in that time!
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2018 at 4:08pm
Originally posted by Croftman Croftman wrote:

No its not too bad, about 20 minutes would do it. Just come out of the train station, turn left down to the main road and left again. Will bring you straight to it
Any watering holes enroute?
Neil Armstrong View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cyavan Cyunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Armstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2018 at 4:10pm
Saturday 14/Sunday 15 July

All-Ireland SFC quarter-final phase 1
Munster winner v Connacht winner, TBC, TBC
Ulster runner-up or Round 4 qualifier v Leinster runner-up or Round 4 qualifier, TBC, TBC
Ulster winner v Leinster winner, TBC, TBC
Munster runner-up or Round 4 qualifier v Connacht runner-up or Round 4 qualifier, TBC, TBC

Saturday 21/Sunday 22 July

All-Ireland SFC quarter-final phase 2
Ulster runner-up or Round 4 qualifier v Connacht winner, TBC, TBC
Leinster runner-up or Round 4 qualifier v Munster winner, TBC, TBC
Munster runner-up or Round 4 qualifier v Leinster winner, TBC, TBC
Connacht runner-up or Round 4 qualifier v Ulster winner, TBC, TBC

Saturday 4/Sunday 5/Monday 6 August

All-Ireland SFC quarter-final phase 3
Connacht winner v Leinster runner-up or Round 4 qualifier, TBC, TBC
Munster winner v Ulster runner-up or Round 4 qualifier, TBC, TBC
Munster runner-up or Round 4 qualifier v Ulster winner, TBC, TBC
Connacht runner-up or Round 4 qualifier v Leinster winner, TBC, TBC

Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2018 at 4:17pm
If Cork get into the Super 8s the game against Dublin will definitely be down in Cork. Stade De Frank isn't going to pay for itself LOL
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2018 at 4:51pm

Originally posted by Croftman Croftman wrote:

Any watering holes enroute?
Not out that road no. When you come out onto the main road turn right instead of left, you'll be heading into the town and there's a few within a few minutes walk
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2018 at 7:00pm

If Cork get into the Super 8s the game against Dublin will definitely be down in Cork. Stade De Frank isn't going to pay for itself LOL

If they lose the munster final and reach super 8s aftet they be at home to leinster winners (so dublin) on the weekend of july 21/22. Super 8s should have a fee interesting games in it this year 

Edited by ringerbell - 12 Jun 2018 at 7:02pm
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2829303132 85>
  Share Topic