You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

World Cup tickets

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 14>
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hickster74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 2:55am
Strangely, I go into FIFA a/c and it says pending for all, I went for both semis and the final as a maybe last chance. They took visa debit for the confed..bank holiday call to the robots..:)

Edited by Hickster74 - 28 Oct 2017 at 4:19am
Sponsored Links

finbarrk View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote finbarrk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 3:13am
€91 taken from FIFA earlier today. Thats one of the games I applied for in Moscow. So that’s the entry visa sorted. Ha!
Hickster74 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hickster74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 3:32am
Yeah, once you have a ticket, you can get the fanid for the duration and use it for free travel. If you have the time youd be mad not to take this chance.

Edited by Hickster74 - 28 Oct 2017 at 4:25am
mouldymould View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mouldymould Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 7:55am
Originally posted by Hickster74 Hickster74 wrote:

Just got an email saying I was successful for the opening game but the debit failed. Makes no sense. I even called boi to warn them. Email says I've 5 days to fix it..I used a Visa Debit. Has that worked for anyone so far? Went for the final too but doubt they'll give the 5 days to sort that..

I got the same email, using a visa debit also.

They say they will make further attempts to take payment, and if they fail there will be an online portal where you can manually enter payment information.
JohnnyD87 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyD87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 10:40am
my visa debit went through no hassle
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 11:32am
Originally posted by Hickster74 Hickster74 wrote:

Strangely, I go into FIFA a/c and it says pending for all, I went for both semis and the final as a maybe last chance. They took visa debit for the confed..bank holiday call to the robots..:)

Everybody's account will be pending for a few more days.

It seems emails came approx a week after pending credit card transactions for Brazil.  Somebody on another forum took the time to check.  I can't recall for sure.  It may be possible to login and see what tickets you have in a couple of days.  Anyway if you have a pending credit card charge you are guaranteed your tickets.  

This is the first time FIFA or UEFA have offered a 2nd chance.  The Irish banks are pretty good in this scenario.  Irish Visa debit does work definitely.  Chase in then U.S. seem to have rejected most transactions probably deciding FIFA are some dodgy foreign organisation whereas in truth...oh .............

CatalanCelt1 View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatalanCelt1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 1:09pm
I had €800 odd gone from my account yesterday but when I login today the transaction is gone completely and the €800 returned. I logged into BOI365 on the desktop now as app doesn't show pendings transactions clearly. No sign pending there either. Like others have said request status is pending on FIFA account and I've got no email either. Don't know what to make of the money going back to a/c and transaction disappearing altogether?
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 1:58pm
Originally posted by CatalanCelt1 CatalanCelt1 wrote:

I had €800 odd gone from my account yesterday but when I login today the transaction is gone completely and the €800 returned. I logged into BOI365 on the desktop now as app doesn't show pendings transactions clearly. No sign pending there either. Like others have said request status is pending on FIFA account and I've got no email either. Don't know what to make of the money going back to a/c and transaction disappearing altogether?

call your credit card company.  Ask them did they refuse the transaction.  You won't get an email for a few days etc.  
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 2:28pm

That happened me last time. However, the following day, the money was actually gone and showing up.

The way it seemed to work was that the authorisation lasted for like three days but the money only left my account on the fifth day, which was a bit odd.

Still, though, I'd phone the bank.
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatalanCelt1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 2:36pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

That happened me last time. However, the following day, the money was actually gone and showing up.

The way it seemed to work was that the authorisation lasted for like three days but the money only left my account on the fifth day, which was a bit odd.

Do you think there is any point ringing BOI on the weekend? Or will it only be worth my while contacting them Tues??
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 2:38pm
Not sure about that tbh. I think the fraud department is probably open over the weekend and they'd be the ones blocking the payment, so you might get through to them.
cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 4:19pm

Not sure about that tbh. I think the fraud department is probably open over the weekend and they'd be the ones blocking the payment, so you might get through to them.

Looks like I got 6-7 games. Hope I get Ireland (pending qualification) or a good matchup or two
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatalanCelt1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 5:59pm

Just rang the regular BOI helpline. Got through to customer rep in no time. All good, she said yday's deduction was like a trial run on my card and transaction is ready to go full steam in the background when they go to do it properly. Panic over!LOL All i need now is tickets for Copenhagen.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 6:32pm
Grand so.

I just hope it's not the case that they're trying all the cards to eliminate some, without having done the draw yet. I doubt it, but you never know.

Edit: don't panic. Read this on another forum:

Originally posted by other forum other forum wrote:

So I talked to someone at FIFA(finally) and they told me that charges will be going on through an automatic system from yesterday till potentially the 16th of november. That if you were charged it means you won the draw. He also said the system will automatically try again if it was declined and if they still cant charge it then they will send you a link with a way to go into your FIFA account and pay yourself with any card. But that you have to pay before the deadline on that email or your application will be cancelled.

So if you're charged, you have tickets. It's not just a pre-auth.

Edited by SuperDave84 - 28 Oct 2017 at 6:39pm
StayPuft View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StayPuft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 7:38pm
Mine was pending, but it's went through last night. I've been charged for the two tickets I've applied for.
Lostandfound View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lostandfound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2017 at 8:23am
Tickets sorted for first 3 Ireland matches and potential fourth.  Money gone from account.  Happy with that.  Won't have to be pissing about with the resale portal anyway. 

Hopefully we qualify now Smile
Jasonic View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jasonic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2017 at 11:31am
Originally posted by Lostandfound Lostandfound wrote:

Tickets sorted for first 3 Ireland matches and potential fourth.  Money gone from account.  Happy with that.  Won't have to be pissing about with the resale portal anyway. 

How can you have tickets sorted for Ireland games in Russia? Even if we finished first, and already qualified, how would you know what city and what dates and what group we are playing in? 
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2017 at 11:33am
Originally posted by Jasonic Jasonic wrote:

Originally posted by Lostandfound Lostandfound wrote:

How can you have tickets sorted for Ireland games in Russia? Even if we finished first, and already qualified, how would you know what city and what dates and what group we are playing in? 

Fifa ran first round of sales and it gave you the option to select Ireland TST so now when/if we qualify they will allocate tickets to Ireland games to the people who selected this option

Edited by ringerbell - 29 Oct 2017 at 11:34am
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 14>
  Share Topic