Forum Description: Qatar n' all in anyways
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=55619
Printed Date: 20 Apr 2024 at 5:05am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: World Cup tickets
Posted By: mouldymould
Subject: World Cup tickets
Date Posted: 12 Sep 2017 at 3:56pm
Going on sale this Thursday with the first round being a lottery for two months, first come first served then after

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/news/y=2017/m=9/news=ticket-sales-for-2018-fifa-world-cuptm-to-start-on-14-september-2017-2907645.html" rel="nofollow - http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/news/y=2017/m=9/news=ticket-sales-for-2018-fifa-world-cuptm-to-start-on-14-september-2017-2907645.html

Replies:
Posted By: Lostandfound
Date Posted: 12 Sep 2017 at 4:08pm
What date does the panic over debit cards begin? 

Posted By: ConorMac77
Date Posted: 12 Sep 2017 at 4:27pm
Originally posted by Lostandfound Lostandfound wrote:

No time like the present, I suppose. Big smile

I love the bit about payment methods btw - the 1st option, Visa cards is relatively clear cut, but then you have 'other payment methods'...??? Confused

Care to expand on that please, FIFA? LOL

-------------
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!

Posted By: lassassinblanc
Date Posted: 12 Sep 2017 at 4:52pm
Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

I love the bit about payment methods btw - the 1st option, Visa cards is relatively clear cut, but then you have 'other payment methods'...??? Confused

Brown envelopes 

Posted By: Darraghn92
Date Posted: 12 Sep 2017 at 6:03pm
Apparently team-specific ticket series are available as packages that include three to seven matches and can only be requested during sales phase 1 (14th Sep - 12th October). Im assuming thats only for the qualified teams at that stage, and just for any fan that wants to apply for them

Posted By: SuperDave84
Date Posted: 12 Sep 2017 at 6:17pm
It may still be possible to buy conditional tickets during phase two as well.

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Sep 2017 at 6:50pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

Brown envelopes 

Stupid question.

-------------

Posted By: gspain
Date Posted: 12 Sep 2017 at 6:56pm
Originally posted by Darraghn92 Darraghn92 wrote:

Apparently team-specific ticket series are available as packages that include three to seven matches and can only be requested during sales phase 1 (14th Sep - 12th October). Im assuming thats only for the qualified teams at that stage, and just for any fan that wants to apply for them

I would imagine it covers all teams that can still qualify but you get a refund if your country doesn't make it.  

Posted By: PhilliyK
Date Posted: 12 Sep 2017 at 7:47pm
Good job it closes 2 days after the Wales game, planning on going regardless so will work out which games to apply for if Wales result goes against us and go from there

-------------

Posted By: craiglen
Date Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 1:21pm
Applied there for the follow my team tickets. Was grand. 7/10 would apply again

-------------
Fan's game record: 5 Caps, 1 goal, 2 assists, 140 km covered

Posted By: ringerbell
Date Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 1:47pm

Follow my team package available for us at the minute so would imagine it's available for all teams and get a refund should your team not qualify.

-------------
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4

Posted By: fr larry duff
Date Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 2:09pm
applied for the fmt for the 2010 world cup, seem to remember that we didn't get full refund, lost out £30+ on admin fee. might be different this time, so just watch out for it.

Date Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 2:10pm
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

Follow my team package available for us at the minute so would imagine it's available for all teams and get a refund should your team not qualify.

Ah that's handy so, closes a few days after the Wales game too

Posted By: Fanny MaGee
Date Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 3:07pm
They'll refund minus the handling fee of $10.

Supporter Tickets (ST) and Conditional Supporter Tickets (CST): National team supporters can apply for Supporter Tickets for the Group Stage Matches played by the national team between Match 1 and Match 48; national team supporters can also apply for the Conditional Supporter Tickets which are the Tickets available for the four Second Round matches that could potentially be played by the national team in the Round of 16, the Quarter-Finals, the Semi-Finals, the 3rd Place Match and the Final.
All Conditional Supporter Tickets are conditional upon the national team qualifying for the respective match. If your team is eliminated, your right to be provided with, and use, the ordered Conditional Supporter Ticket(s) for such Second Round Match(es) will automatically cease to exist. In such cases you will be refunded for any Second Round Match Ticket(s) purchased by you and not played by your team due to elimination, minus a handling charge deducted by FIFA equivalent to 10.00 US Dollars per customer/guest (up to a maximum of US Dollars 40.00 per order) or the equivalent in Russian Roubles, regardless of the number of Second Round Matches you may have covered through your request.

Posted By: Gaz
Date Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 3:20pm
Prices are extortionate - absolute disgrace what they're charging 

-------------
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday

Date Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 3:24pm
Agree with Larry Duff, they stung me in 2010 for a good bit of handling and admin fee's.

It will be like the euros, zero point applying for FMT tickets unless you have a terrible record, you'll just make your usual application through the fai I assume so if applying for tickets now I'd just be planning which cities you want to visit and when and make the application based on that and if by some miracle we make a play off and qualify then apply through the fai for Ireland tournament tickets and save yourself the fkn admin fee's

-------------

Posted By: conor253
Date Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 3:26pm
Is the money taken from your card straight away or only if you are successful?

Posted By: VanBosch
Date Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 3:53pm
straight away

Date Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 3:55pm
Almost 300 quid for 3 group stage matches of the lowest category, a far cry from the 25 euro category 4 tickets during the Euros

Posted By: Newryrep
Date Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 4:00pm

Almost 300 quid for 3 group stage matches of the lowest category, a far cry from the 25 euro category 4 tickets during the Euros
jesus that pricey - not that it will affect us and even if we did get there by some miracle there would be no issue with tickets

-------------
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941

Date Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 5:03pm
At least the one positive is that the trains will be provided free with match tickets if it does come to that, must have spent about 200 quid getting to and from Lyon for the France game last year

Posted By: colemanY2K
Date Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 5:09pm

At least the one positive is that the trains will be provided free with match tickets if it does come to that, must have spent about 200 quid getting to and from Lyon for the France game last year
grand if you don't mind spending two days on a train traveling between venues

-------------
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.

Date Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 5:54pm
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

grand if you don't mind spending two days on a train traveling between venues

Haha yeah actually just looking on the map and even the European side of Russia is still practically bigger than the rest of Europe. Kaliningrad to Yekaterinburg is about 3000km

Posted By: cildaratown
Date Posted: 18 Sep 2017 at 4:28pm
So once you apply for the tickets you have to put the passport numbers of you and your friends who are going with you in.

Does this exclude me applying for tickets and entering my girlfriend as the one who will go with me and then her doing the same thing? Do they run a search by passport number and exclude duplicates? 

Posted By: kevincronin2000
Date Posted: 18 Sep 2017 at 5:37pm
Originally posted by cildaratown cildaratown wrote:

So once you apply for the tickets you have to put the passport numbers of you and your friends who are going with you in.

Does this exclude me applying for tickets and entering my girlfriend as the one who will go with me and then her doing the same thing? Do they run a search by passport number and exclude duplicates? 

Your match ticket gets you a FAN ID which gives you your entry visa into Russia and your free travel between host cities so to answer your question I'd say yes.

-------------
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.

Date Posted: 18 Sep 2017 at 7:25pm

Yes they will definitely check for duplicate passport numbers.  

Of course you could apply with a different guest.  She could also apply with a different guest and you could still bring each other to the games. However you need a ticket in your own name from FIFA to get a Fan ID.

You will need a valid Fan ID to get into the country and to attend games.  For the Confederations Cup the Fan ID did not need to match the name on the ticket according to an Irish friend of mine and some German ground-hoppers.    

Posted By: newrynyuk
Date Posted: 19 Sep 2017 at 11:41am
Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

Of course you could apply with a different guest.  She could also apply with a different guest and you could still bring each other to the games. However you need a ticket in your own name from FIFA to get a Fan ID.

You will need a valid Fan ID to get into the country and to attend games.  For the Confederations Cup the Fan ID did not need to match the name on the ticket according to an Irish friend of mine and some German ground-hoppers.    

You will be going to Russia for thw World Cup next year, gspain?  Regardless of whether or not Ireland are there?

Date Posted: 19 Sep 2017 at 11:51am
Tickets are pricey alright nearly 100€ a ticket Shocked

Could that just be the initial price perhaps i.e. if one of your matches is the opening game.

IFIRC the opening game of the Euros cheapest ticket was something like 120€

If not you'd then be refunded the rest

Posted By: greenlad
Date Posted: 19 Sep 2017 at 11:54am
660 dollars for follow your team up to the quarters

Date Posted: 19 Sep 2017 at 2:11pm
Originally posted by newrynyuk newrynyuk wrote:

You will be going to Russia for thw World Cup next year, gspain?  Regardless of whether or not Ireland are there?

Yes I'll be there for the group stage come what may.  If we don't make it I will stay in Moscow and do a few day trips if I can find cheap trains/flights.  

Currently flights to Moscow are great value, hotels are great value and tickets should be easy enough to source.  Only limited internal flight are available and the free trains won't suit if trying to do a lot of games.  

Date Posted: 21 Sep 2017 at 3:52am

If I get tickets absolutely. A shame that Ireland might not be there, but still would be a cool experience to attend. The Euros were a blast. 

Date Posted: 21 Sep 2017 at 9:41am

If I get tickets absolutely. A shame that Ireland might not be there, but still would be a cool experience to attend. The Euros were a blast. 

You should be able to get tickets in this phase.  Pick a schedule that suits you and target a few games.  You could double your chances if you and your girlfriend apply separately.  It should be possible to sell unwanted tickets back to FIFA.  

It could be the easiest and cheapest World Cup to attend for many years.  Great value hotels available in most places on free cancellation.  Cheap flights to Russia although internal flights still not sorted out.  

Date Posted: 23 Sep 2017 at 10:00pm

You should be able to get tickets in this phase.  Pick a schedule that suits you and target a few games.  You could double your chances if you and your girlfriend apply separately.  It should be possible to sell unwanted tickets back to FIFA.  

It could be the easiest and cheapest World Cup to attend for many years.  Great value hotels available in most places on free cancellation.  Cheap flights to Russia although internal flights still not sorted out.  

Can we apply separately? Or will FIFA run a search on passport numbers and see that we've each applied for more than 7 matches (the 7 I apply for with her passport number as my guest and the 7 she applies for with my passport as the guest).

Date Posted: 24 Sep 2017 at 1:35pm

Can we apply separately? Or will FIFA run a search on passport numbers and see that we've each applied for more than 7 matches (the 7 I apply for with her passport number as my guest and the 7 she applies for with my passport as the guest).

They do check for duplicate applications.  They will find duplicate passport numbers.  

To put it simply you have 2 options

1) You apply for up to 7 games with all your correct details naming your girlfriend with all her correct details as your guest.  You get 2 Fan IDs from this account.  

OR

2) You apply with all your correct details naming your girlfriend with an incorrect date of birth, incorrect passport id etc.  From a separate computer using a different address and credit card  your girlfriend applies (using all her correct details) naming you with an incorrect DOB and passport id.  You get your Fan ID from your account and she gets hers from her account (so you both provide the correct details to the Russian authorities).  

You could with option 2 apply for more than 7 games or double up on some games.  Many games outside Moscow will be easy enough. You can see the current demand when you apply.  You could wait until after the Wales game or even change after the Wales game.  

Posted By: Il Principe
Date Posted: 24 Sep 2017 at 2:03pm
gary when you say cheap flights to moscow, what price are you talking? 100 euro

Date Posted: 24 Sep 2017 at 2:24pm

They do check for duplicate applications.  They will find duplicate passport numbers.  

1) You apply for up to 7 games with all your correct details naming your girlfriend with all her correct details as your guest.  You get 2 Fan IDs from this account.  

OR

2) You apply with all your correct details naming your girlfriend with an incorrect date of birth, incorrect passport id etc.  From a separate computer using a different address and credit card  your girlfriend applies (using all her correct details) naming you with an incorrect DOB and passport id.  You get your Fan ID from your account and she gets hers from her account (so you both provide the correct details to the Russian authorities).  

You could with option 2 apply for more than 7 games or double up on some games.  Many games outside Moscow will be easy enough. You can see the current demand when you apply.  You could wait until after the Wales game or even change after the Wales game.  

Smart - it's the same name so it would match the fan id, but it's a different number and such. Appreciate it.

Edit: Ony question is do they scan the fan id at immigration to make sure this doesn't happen (e.g. If your fan id that corresponds to the tickets wasn't scanned your ticket won't work at the gate).

Posted By: Butch
Date Posted: 24 Sep 2017 at 2:47pm
Bit early for the ticket panicking for Russia . I very much doubt there will be many games sold out

Date Posted: 24 Sep 2017 at 7:50pm
Originally posted by Il Principe Il Principe wrote:

gary when you say cheap flights to moscow, what price are you talking? 100 euro

Just over 300 euro return from Dublin or as cheap as 150 ex Brussels.  That is cheap considering the distances involved.

Date Posted: 24 Sep 2017 at 7:57pm

OR

Smart - it's the same name so it would match the fan id, but it's a different number and such. Appreciate it.

Edit: Ony question is do they scan the fan id at immigration to make sure this doesn't happen (e.g. If your fan id that corresponds to the tickets wasn't scanned your ticket won't work at the gate).

They will check your Fan ID at immigration with your passport.  Those details must match.  

FIFA have no access to your passport details.  It doesn't really matter what you tell them.  

For the Confederations Cup they apparently scanned your Fan ID and then in a separate process scanned your ticket.  

Date Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 12:20am
Anyone still going to be making an application by the deadline (later today)? Or do we just take the chance on faiL tickets should they qualify through the play off?

-------------

Posted By: CatalanCelt1
Date Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 10:50am
Applied for 2 'follow my team' packs yesterday eve. Does anyone know do they process the payment straight away or how does it work? Used a Visa Debit card so not sure will that cause an issue.

Date Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 10:56am
Originally posted by CatalanCelt1 CatalanCelt1 wrote:

Applied for 2 'follow my team' packs yesterday eve. Does anyone know do they process the payment straight away or how does it work? Used a Visa Debit card so not sure will that cause an issue.

I work for a bank, let me know your bank account number, the card number, CCV code and expiry date and name on the card and i'll check for you

Posted By: Denis Irwin
Date Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 11:28am

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn

Posted By: craiglen
Date Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 12:35pm
So it looks like the majority held off on this stage of the application process? I had concerns about not being in with the main bulk of Irish if I got allocated random seats through the current stage. Would prefer to do it though the FAI presuming there'll be an avenue for that after a successful playoff.

-------------
Fan's game record: 5 Caps, 1 goal, 2 assists, 140 km covered

Posted By: FrankosHereNow
Date Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 12:39pm
I'll only be able to make it away for a maximum of one game if we qualify. No point in me applying now, I'll hold off for the FAI allocation.

-------------
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row

Posted By: DoYouKnowAnto
Date Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 1:12pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

I'll only be able to make it away for a maximum of one game if we qualify. No point in me applying now, I'll hold off for the FAI allocation.

In the same boat myself

Date Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 1:58pm
Originally posted by craiglen craiglen wrote:

So it looks like the majority held off on this stage of the application process? I had concerns about not being in with the main bulk of Irish if I got allocated random seats through the current stage. Would prefer to do it though the FAI presuming there'll be an avenue for that after a successful playoff.

really cant see an issue with tickets

-------------
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941

Posted By: Gaz
Date Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 2:09pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Originally posted by craiglen craiglen wrote:

really cant see an issue with tickets

+1

I would be shocked if there was a struggle for Irish tickets (if we get there of course) unless we're playing somebody like England

-------------
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday

Posted By: DUBLIN DOC
Date Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 2:18pm
43% drop in ticket applications compared to the last world cup just been confirmed by fifa

-------------
When all is said and done there is nothing left to say or do

Posted By: DUBLIN DOC
Date Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 2:19pm
And 70% of that is from Russia itself nobody wants to go it seems

-------------
When all is said and done there is nothing left to say or do

Posted By: SectionFandG
Date Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 7:37pm

Not that it affects anyone around here, but they've got a separate obese person ticket price category

Date Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 10:38pm
http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/news/y=2017/m=10/news=2018-fifa-world-cup-russiatm-3-496-204-tickets-requested-as-the-first--2913903.html%20" rel="nofollow - http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/news/y=2017/m=10/news=2018-fifa-world-cup-russiatm-3-496-204-tickets-requested-as-the-first--2913903.html

Guessing Moscow / St. Petersburg games will be difficult to get, but that the others in Eastern Russia will be a tad easier...

Posted By: BohsinMunich
Date Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 10:14am
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

43% drop in ticket applications compared to the last world cup just been confirmed by fifa

Not surprising having just looked at those Ticket prices.. over 100 us dollars for the cheapest ticket..
Fleecing fans.

Posted By: Charlton's Child
Date Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by BohsinMunich BohsinMunich wrote:

Not surprising having just looked at those Ticket prices.. over 100 us dollars for the cheapest ticket..
Fleecing fans.

I doubt many locals would have that kind of spare money

Posted By: Borussia
Date Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 12:21pm
Originally posted by Charlton's Child Charlton's Child wrote:

Fleecing fans.

There is a separate local sale where the tickets have been offered at a lot cheaper prices.
Obviously, none of the locals will be buying those tickets at low prices in order to sell them on at higher prices during the tournament !

Date Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 1:29pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Originally posted by Charlton's Child Charlton's Child wrote:

Fleecing fans.

There is a separate local sale where the tickets have been offered at a lot cheaper prices.
Obviously, none of the locals will be buying those tickets at low prices in order to sell them on at higher prices during the tournament !

Perish the thought! ShockedLOL

-------------

Date Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 1:43pm

Fleecing fans.

Significant drop in the first phase on Brazil.  However demand is still double that of South Africa in 2010.

Locals can apply for the $20 cat 4 tickets. 

The match tickets include free long distance trains.  They aren't cheap but hardly extortionate.  

Date Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 2:41pm
'Select' long distance trains GS which I was told would be "dry" trains LOL

Actually had a 5min 'discussion' with few folk involved with the organisation of the tournament that the trains will never be "dry" trains but they were having none of it and my ribs were getting sore from laughing at them insisting they will be.

-------------

Date Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 3:05pm
Remember the trains in plenty of instances involve more than one overnight, so they represent a fairly significant saving on accommodation.

The average train time between venues is 24 hours.

And you definitely don't want to be in F3: Nizhny Novgorod, Sochi and Yeketerinburg then possibly St Petersburg in the last 16. It's basically a two day journey from each place to the next.

-------------

Date Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 3:48pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Remember the trains in plenty of instances involve more than one overnight, so they represent a fairly significant saving on accommodation.

The average train time between venues is 24 hours.

And you definitely don't want to be in F3: Nizhny Novgorod, Sochi and Yeketerinburg then possibly St Petersburg in the last 16. It's basically a two day journey from each place to the next.

I'd bite your hand off right now for F3. It would be amazing to qualify and sorting out the logistics would be a great problem to have. 

Posted By: Shedite
Date Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 4:34pm
The prices are so high it's not worth taking the chance. If you get stuck with it nobody's gonna buy a €150 ticket off ya.

Date Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 5:20pm
Anyone know if news about tickets is supposed to trickle out, or are we notified mid November?

Date Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 5:50pm

Anyone know if news about tickets is supposed to trickle out, or are we notified mid November?

The first thing you will see if you get tickets is a pending credit card charge.  Then an actual charge and then 2-3 days later an email.  Best guess is the end of the month for the pending charges.  I'd be surprised if the emails weren't out before the playoffs begin.  

Date Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 6:07pm
By 15 November.

Incidentally, if you applied for a category that was green for high availability at the end of the sales phase, then you should get tickets as they weren't oversubscribed. Yellow ones were slightly oversubscribed so you might be okay with them.

I can't see the link to see what demand was like now. I think they've taken it down but I recall the following:

TST 3
Cat 1 Low Cat 2 Med Cat 3 High

TST 4
Cat 1 Low Cat 2 Med Cat 3 Med

TST 5
Cat 1 Low Cat 2 Low Cat 3 ???

TST 6
Cat 1 Low Cat 2 Low Cat 3 Low

TST 7
Cat 1 Low Cat 2 ??? Cat 3 ???

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 10:35pm
Oh wow didn't know that green meant that the supply was larger than the demand

Posted By: Cabra Hoop
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 1:48pm
Here we go again !!!!!!!!!!

-------------
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "

Posted By: clareob
Date Posted: 24 Oct 2017 at 9:01pm
  I just received this email. I thought that they would have waited until playoff, considering I applied for Team Specific Tickets

This email is to inform you that starting on the 26th October 2017 the FIFA World Cup Ticketing Centre (“FWCTC”) will be attempting to take payment for the Tickets, which are allocated during the Random Selection Draw process. 

In accordance with the Ticket Sales Regulations, the FWCTC will conduct, or has already conducted, the Random Selection Draw process for the Ticket Applications with Tickets that were over-subscribed. If Tickets are allocated to you, the FWCTC will try to take payment for those Tickets without prior notification.We strongly recommend that you notify your bank of the possible transaction, ensure that your payment card is valid and enabled for online transactions. Please also ensure that the payment card is not restricted by 3D secure requirements and that sufficient funds are available within your payment card limit.

Date Posted: 24 Oct 2017 at 9:05pm
I think tickets will be the least of our worries TBH

-------------

Date Posted: 27 Oct 2017 at 12:22pm
World Cup tickets seem to be secured!Smile Monies taken from my account overnight.

Date Posted: 27 Oct 2017 at 1:36pm
€1,854.97 taken from my account.

Visa Europe says $2,180 = €1,854.97 yesterday.

$2,180 = 4 x Cat2 TST3.

Superb.

-------------

Posted By: kearney304
Date Posted: 27 Oct 2017 at 1:39pm

$2,180 = 4 x Cat2 TST3.

Superb.

What games? 545 a ticket? Shocked

Date Posted: 27 Oct 2017 at 1:41pm
All we need to do now is qualify.....

-------------

Date Posted: 27 Oct 2017 at 1:43pm
It's a TST3 - it's for the three group games only, if Ireland qualify.

It's about €160 per ticket and that's category two, not even category one.

The "free" train travel clearly costs a packet!

-------------

Date Posted: 27 Oct 2017 at 1:45pm
So if we get there, you have 12 tickets?

Date Posted: 27 Oct 2017 at 1:52pm
Hopefully be able to secure some conditional knockout tickets for the Ireland games on the first come - first served sale. Didn't apply for them because I figured I could sort them out later if we do indeed qualify. I can definitely apply for them off the FAI in due course and there should be no difficulty in getting those ones. They won't be oversubscribed (doubtful anyway).

-------------

Date Posted: 27 Oct 2017 at 2:26pm

$2,180 = 4 x Cat2 TST3.

Superb.

Nice one.   

I don't think tickets will be too much of an issue if we qualify but no harm in having it sorted.

From reading a few forums tickets have been easy enough to get.  I just need us to qualify not and totally screw up my plans.  Big smile

Posted By: gmfc90
Date Posted: 27 Oct 2017 at 2:32pm

$2,180 = 4 x Cat2 TST3.

Superb.

Nice one.   

I don't think tickets will be too much of an issue if we qualify but no harm in having it sorted.

From reading a few forums tickets have been easy enough to get.  I just need us to qualify not and totally screw up my plans.  Big smile

Yeah FIFA said ticket applications were down 40% from the last one in Brazil. Should be ok

-------------
Danger here, OH NO

Posted By: darragh90
Date Posted: 27 Oct 2017 at 3:21pm
Originally posted by gmfc90 gmfc90 wrote:

$2,180 = 4 x Cat2 TST3.

Superb.

Nice one.   

Yeah FIFA said ticket applications were down 40% from the last one in Brazil. Should be ok

Suprise Suprise FIFA. THis is what happens when you host in sh*tholes. Suppose the money lost on ticket sales will be made up by the brown envelope bribes in the bidding process

Date Posted: 27 Oct 2017 at 3:35pm
Combination of two things: ticket price increases and sh*tter location.

But so many of the matches were oversubscribed that it'll probably still be close to a sell out for most matches.

-------------

Date Posted: 27 Oct 2017 at 3:38pm
Originally posted by kearney304 kearney304 wrote:

I have four tickets for each of the three group games that Ireland will hopefully play.

If Ireland don't make it, I get my money back, minus a $10 fee (not sure if per ticket or per application).

I had to provide names and passport numbers for each applicant.

-------------

Posted By: JohnnyD87
Date Posted: 27 Oct 2017 at 4:00pm
Applied for the three group matches with 3 applications, not had any monies out yet

Date Posted: 27 Oct 2017 at 4:22pm

I have four tickets for each of the three group games that Ireland will hopefully play.

If Ireland don't make it, I get my money back, minus a $10 fee (not sure if per ticket or per application).

I had to provide names and passport numbers for each applicant.

Have 2 tickets meself for the three group games and also potential last 16 game.
Nearly certain its $10 fee per application is all.

Date Posted: 27 Oct 2017 at 4:33pm
It's the 2% each way the bank charge me that'll be the pain.

That's 4% of $2,180, or $71.20. Add on the $10 fee and it's $81.20.

That'll be about €70.... if Ireland don't qualify, I'll have lost about €70 on absolutely nothing. I doubt the other three lads will pay it.

Then again, for the peace of mind of having tickets now, I'll deal with it. I'm not even going to ask the other lads for it, be grand.

Once the €/$ exchange rate doesn't change much the wrong way over the next month and cost me more than that, I won't mind too much.

-------------

Date Posted: 27 Oct 2017 at 5:15pm

Combination of two things: ticket price increases and sh*tter location.

But so many of the matches were oversubscribed that it'll probably still be close to a sell out for most matches.

Brazil was an amazing location.  Demand for Russia is still double that for South Africa at this stage.  Now they had to sell any ticket they could at cat 4 and let locals in for free to make the stadiums look kind of full.  I'm not convinced most games will sellout.  Moscow and Saint Petersburg will be full no matter who plays.  The likes of Saransk etc will be a tough sell for the likes of Portugal v Nigeria.     

Date Posted: 27 Oct 2017 at 8:44pm
Do we honestly think we will bring huge numbers to Russia if we get there?

A lot of people are fearful (Not me) and are saying they will avoid it. 

Fair play to ye lads for sorting tickets now etc but I really can't see an issue. I would be super confident of group game tickets where as I'm sh*tting myself over Denmark away.

Posted By: deise316
Date Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 1:01am

Do we honestly think we will bring huge numbers to Russia if we get there?

A lot of people are fearful (Not me) and are saying they will avoid it. 

Fair play to ye lads for sorting tickets now etc but I really can't see an issue. I would be super confident of group game tickets where as I'm sh*tting myself over Denmark away.

Its quite hard to say really. I'll put it this way, there won't be the same amount of people doing 3 games and travelling around the cpuntry as the number who did 3 games in France, I'd be reasonably confident of that. But if we were drawn in Moscow or St Petersburg in one game, there would be a huge amount at that particular game as it wouldn't require another flight or train once yer that far. 

Due to the nature of the country, ie alleged threat of hooligans, accommodation difficult in some places, the distance between some venues, you will see a spectacular return to form by the package operators. Just say there is a game on in Sochi or whatever, some firms will have a 2 or 3 night deal, € 800 or € 1000 or whatever it may be, and the likes of these offers will prove very popular, especially for those concerned about a safety element, they will be flown there, brought to hotel, bussed to game, brought back to hotel & fly home again and not really come in to much contact with locals at all. 

So while Irish attendances might not be significantly down too much on game days, the amount of lads knocking around Russia between games certainly will be, that's my guess anyway. 

-------------
Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....

Date Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 1:35am
When do we get the official confirmation to see which games / ticket category we got

Posted By: Hickster74
Date Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 2:22am
Just got an email saying I was successful for the opening game but the debit failed. Makes no sense. I even called boi to warn them. Email says I've 5 days to fix it..I used a Visa Debit. Has that worked for anyone so far? Went for the final too but doubt they'll give the 5 days to sort that..

Posted By: greenforever
Date Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 2:35am
Originally posted by Hickster74 Hickster74 wrote:

Just got an email saying I was successful for the opening game but the debit failed. Makes no sense. I even called boi to warn them. Email says I've 5 days to fix it..I used a Visa Debit. Has that worked for anyone so far?

A bit more customer friendly than uefa who just cancelled the tickets 

-------------
I know nothing :-)

Date Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 2:41am
Originally posted by greenforever greenforever wrote:

Just got an email saying I was successful for the opening game but the debit failed. Makes no sense. I even called boi to warn them. Email says I've 5 days to fix it..I used a Visa Debit. Has that worked for anyone so far?

A bit more customer friendly than uefa who just cancelled the tickets 

True...

Date Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 2:55am
Strangely, I go into FIFA a/c and it says pending for all, I went for both semis and the final as a maybe last chance. They took visa debit for the confed..bank holiday call to the robots..:)

Posted By: finbarrk
Date Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 3:13am
€91 taken from FIFA earlier today. Thats one of the games I applied for in Moscow. So that’s the entry visa sorted. Ha!

Date Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 3:32am
Yeah, once you have a ticket, you can get the fanid for the duration and use it for free travel. If you have the time youd be mad not to take this chance.

Posted By: mouldymould
Date Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 7:55am

Just got an email saying I was successful for the opening game but the debit failed. Makes no sense. I even called boi to warn them. Email says I've 5 days to fix it..I used a Visa Debit. Has that worked for anyone so far? Went for the final too but doubt they'll give the 5 days to sort that..

I got the same email, using a visa debit also.

They say they will make further attempts to take payment, and if they fail there will be an online portal where you can manually enter payment information.

Posted By: JohnnyD87
Date Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 10:40am
my visa debit went through no hassle

Date Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 11:32am

Strangely, I go into FIFA a/c and it says pending for all, I went for both semis and the final as a maybe last chance. They took visa debit for the confed..bank holiday call to the robots..:)

Everybody's account will be pending for a few more days.

It seems emails came approx a week after pending credit card transactions for Brazil.  Somebody on another forum took the time to check.  I can't recall for sure.  It may be possible to login and see what tickets you have in a couple of days.  Anyway if you have a pending credit card charge you are guaranteed your tickets.  

This is the first time FIFA or UEFA have offered a 2nd chance.  The Irish banks are pretty good in this scenario.  Irish Visa debit does work definitely.  Chase in then U.S. seem to have rejected most transactions probably deciding FIFA are some dodgy foreign organisation whereas in truth...oh .............

Date Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 1:09pm
I had €800 odd gone from my account yesterday but when I login today the transaction is gone completely and the €800 returned. I logged into BOI365 on the desktop now as app doesn't show pendings transactions clearly. No sign pending there either. Like others have said request status is pending on FIFA account and I've got no email either. Don't know what to make of the money going back to a/c and transaction disappearing altogether?

Date Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 1:58pm

I had €800 odd gone from my account yesterday but when I login today the transaction is gone completely and the €800 returned. I logged into BOI365 on the desktop now as app doesn't show pendings transactions clearly. No sign pending there either. Like others have said request status is pending on FIFA account and I've got no email either. Don't know what to make of the money going back to a/c and transaction disappearing altogether?

call your credit card company.  Ask them did they refuse the transaction.  You won't get an email for a few days etc.  

Date Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 2:28pm

That happened me last time. However, the following day, the money was actually gone and showing up.

The way it seemed to work was that the authorisation lasted for like three days but the money only left my account on the fifth day, which was a bit odd.

Still, though, I'd phone the bank.

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 2:36pm

That happened me last time. However, the following day, the money was actually gone and showing up.

The way it seemed to work was that the authorisation lasted for like three days but the money only left my account on the fifth day, which was a bit odd.

Still, though, I'd phone the bank.

Do you think there is any point ringing BOI on the weekend? Or will it only be worth my while contacting them Tues??

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net