You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

World Cup tickets

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 14>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2017 at 1:43pm
It's a TST3 - it's for the three group games only, if Ireland qualify.

It's about €160 per ticket and that's category two, not even category one.

The "free" train travel clearly costs a packet!
Sponsored Links

kearney304 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2017 at 1:45pm
So if we get there, you have 12 tickets?
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2017 at 1:52pm
Hopefully be able to secure some conditional knockout tickets for the Ireland games on the first come - first served sale. Didn't apply for them because I figured I could sort them out later if we do indeed qualify. I can definitely apply for them off the FAI in due course and there should be no difficulty in getting those ones. They won't be oversubscribed (doubtful anyway).
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2017 at 2:26pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

€1,854.97 taken from my account.

Visa Europe says $2,180 = €1,854.97 yesterday.

$2,180 = 4 x Cat2 TST3.

Superb.

Nice one.   

I don't think tickets will be too much of an issue if we qualify but no harm in having it sorted.

From reading a few forums tickets have been easy enough to get.  I just need us to qualify not and totally screw up my plans.  Big smile

gmfc90 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmfc90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2017 at 2:32pm
Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

$2,180 = 4 x Cat2 TST3.

Superb.

Nice one.   

I don't think tickets will be too much of an issue if we qualify but no harm in having it sorted.

From reading a few forums tickets have been easy enough to get.  I just need us to qualify not and totally screw up my plans.  Big smile

Yeah FIFA said ticket applications were down 40% from the last one in Brazil. Should be ok
Danger here, OH NO
darragh90 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darragh90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2017 at 3:21pm
Originally posted by gmfc90 gmfc90 wrote:

Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

$2,180 = 4 x Cat2 TST3.

Superb.

Nice one.   

Yeah FIFA said ticket applications were down 40% from the last one in Brazil. Should be ok

Suprise Suprise FIFA. THis is what happens when you host in sh*tholes. Suppose the money lost on ticket sales will be made up by the brown envelope bribes in the bidding process
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2017 at 3:35pm
Combination of two things: ticket price increases and sh*tter location.

But so many of the matches were oversubscribed that it'll probably still be close to a sell out for most matches.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2017 at 3:38pm
Originally posted by kearney304 kearney304 wrote:

I have four tickets for each of the three group games that Ireland will hopefully play.

If Ireland don't make it, I get my money back, minus a $10 fee (not sure if per ticket or per application).

I had to provide names and passport numbers for each applicant.
JohnnyD87 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyD87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2017 at 4:00pm
Applied for the three group matches with 3 applications, not had any monies out yet
CatalanCelt1 View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatalanCelt1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2017 at 4:22pm

I have four tickets for each of the three group games that Ireland will hopefully play.

If Ireland don't make it, I get my money back, minus a $10 fee (not sure if per ticket or per application).

I had to provide names and passport numbers for each applicant.

Have 2 tickets meself for the three group games and also potential last 16 game.
Nearly certain its $10 fee per application is all.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2017 at 4:33pm
It's the 2% each way the bank charge me that'll be the pain.

That's 4% of $2,180, or $71.20. Add on the $10 fee and it's $81.20.

That'll be about €70.... if Ireland don't qualify, I'll have lost about €70 on absolutely nothing. I doubt the other three lads will pay it.

Then again, for the peace of mind of having tickets now, I'll deal with it. I'm not even going to ask the other lads for it, be grand.

Once the €/$ exchange rate doesn't change much the wrong way over the next month and cost me more than that, I won't mind too much.

Edited by SuperDave84 - 27 Oct 2017 at 4:34pm
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2017 at 5:15pm

Combination of two things: ticket price increases and sh*tter location.

But so many of the matches were oversubscribed that it'll probably still be close to a sell out for most matches.

Brazil was an amazing location.  Demand for Russia is still double that for South Africa at this stage.  Now they had to sell any ticket they could at cat 4 and let locals in for free to make the stadiums look kind of full.  I'm not convinced most games will sellout.  Moscow and Saint Petersburg will be full no matter who plays.  The likes of Saransk etc will be a tough sell for the likes of Portugal v Nigeria.     
kearney304 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2017 at 8:44pm
Do we honestly think we will bring huge numbers to Russia if we get there?

A lot of people are fearful (Not me) and are saying they will avoid it. 

Fair play to ye lads for sorting tickets now etc but I really can't see an issue. I would be super confident of group game tickets where as I'm sh*tting myself over Denmark away.
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 1:01am

Do we honestly think we will bring huge numbers to Russia if we get there?

A lot of people are fearful (Not me) and are saying they will avoid it. 

Fair play to ye lads for sorting tickets now etc but I really can't see an issue. I would be super confident of group game tickets where as I'm sh*tting myself over Denmark away.

Its quite hard to say really. I'll put it this way, there won't be the same amount of people doing 3 games and travelling around the cpuntry as the number who did 3 games in France, I'd be reasonably confident of that. But if we were drawn in Moscow or St Petersburg in one game, there would be a huge amount at that particular game as it wouldn't require another flight or train once yer that far. 

Due to the nature of the country, ie alleged threat of hooligans, accommodation difficult in some places, the distance between some venues, you will see a spectacular return to form by the package operators. Just say there is a game on in Sochi or whatever, some firms will have a 2 or 3 night deal, € 800 or € 1000 or whatever it may be, and the likes of these offers will prove very popular, especially for those concerned about a safety element, they will be flown there, brought to hotel, bussed to game, brought back to hotel & fly home again and not really come in to much contact with locals at all. 

So while Irish attendances might not be significantly down too much on game days, the amount of lads knocking around Russia between games certainly will be, that's my guess anyway. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 1:35am
When do we get the official confirmation to see which games / ticket category we got
Hickster74 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hickster74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 2:22am
Just got an email saying I was successful for the opening game but the debit failed. Makes no sense. I even called boi to warn them. Email says I've 5 days to fix it..I used a Visa Debit. Has that worked for anyone so far? Went for the final too but doubt they'll give the 5 days to sort that..

Edited by Hickster74 - 28 Oct 2017 at 2:35am
greenforever View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 2:35am
Originally posted by Hickster74 Hickster74 wrote:

Just got an email saying I was successful for the opening game but the debit failed. Makes no sense. I even called boi to warn them. Email says I've 5 days to fix it..I used a Visa Debit. Has that worked for anyone so far?

A bit more customer friendly than uefa who just cancelled the tickets 
I know nothing :-)
Hickster74 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hickster74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 2:41am
Originally posted by greenforever greenforever wrote:

Originally posted by Hickster74 Hickster74 wrote:

Just got an email saying I was successful for the opening game but the debit failed. Makes no sense. I even called boi to warn them. Email says I've 5 days to fix it..I used a Visa Debit. Has that worked for anyone so far?

A bit more customer friendly than uefa who just cancelled the tickets 

True...

Edited by Hickster74 - 28 Oct 2017 at 4:18am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 14>
  Share Topic