You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

World Cup tickets

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 14>
Author
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NatashaPetrova Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2018 at 3:52pm
The fan-id.ru is the official website to apply online for Fan ID. Fan ID provides a visa free stay in Russia and free transport as well.
visafoto.com/en/fifa_worldcup_2018_fan_id_photo
Sponsored Links

NatashaPetrova View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NatashaPetrova Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2018 at 3:55pm
I cannot wait till the World Cup starts!
baresi41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baresi41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2018 at 1:11pm
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/12/14/belgrade-derby-partizan-fans-left-bruised-bloodied-brutal-clashes/

Anyone thinking of going to Russia should look at this recent match in Belgrade. Thankfully, we didn't see any of this last year when we played Serbia. Croats, Poles, Germans, Brits, Serbs and Russians all in the mix for this one. Luckily Ukraine ,Turkey and Holland didn't qualify, or a right blood bath would have got a whole lot worse.Angry
FRANCO BARESI: Always supporting the green brigade
Darraghn92 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darraghn92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2018 at 2:05pm
This happened after a group known as Young Boys (Partizan) tried to take control of the South Tribune that's controlled by a different group called Grobari. Most involved were criminals and not actual football fans and apparently MMA fighters from Split were paid to come over to start trouble. Most Partizan/Red Star Ultras wouldn't even follow the national team. Thatw as certainly evident when we played them in September anyways

baresi41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baresi41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2018 at 3:18pm
Originally posted by Darraghn92 Darraghn92 wrote:

This happened after a group known as Young Boys (Partizan) tried to take control of the South Tribune that's controlled by a different group called Grobari. Most involved were criminals and not actual football fans and apparently MMA fighters from Split were paid to come over to start trouble. Most Partizan/Red Star Ultras wouldn't even follow the national team. That was certainly evident when we played them in September anyways. (boycott).

They boycotted our match. We were drinking in a bar close to the ground and spoke to two lads from Red Star.  Both teams have allegiances to Russian teams and Russia in general. The fact that Croatia are there would be a real chance to settle old scores, even though their not in the same group. 

They hate Bosnia and Albania for obvious reasons, and the Germans of course because they backed the Croats in WW2. I'm sure there was criminal and MMA crews involved. These boys are not to be messed with, that's for sure.
FRANCO BARESI: Always supporting the green brigade
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2018 at 9:33am
Originally posted by Darraghn92 Darraghn92 wrote:

This happened after a group known as Young Boys (Partizan) tried to take control of the South Tribune that's controlled by a different group called Grobari. Most involved were criminals and not actual football fans and apparently MMA fighters from Split were paid to come over to start trouble. Most Partizan/Red Star Ultras wouldn't even follow the national team. Thatw as certainly evident when we played them in September anyways

And I'd like to think that'll continue for the World Cup - this is not exactly what I wanted to be reading after applying for a ticket for their game v Brazil in Moscow. ShockedLOL
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
conor253 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conor253 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 12:24pm
For anyone who applied for tickets during the random selection from 14th Sep - 12 Oct, can you remember how long it took FIFA to allocate the tickets? 

Have to apply for 5 games during this window that closes on 31st Jan so would be nice to know how long they would place the hold on my card for!
Lostandfound View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lostandfound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 1:01pm
Originally posted by conor253 conor253 wrote:

For anyone who applied for tickets during the random selection from 14th Sep - 12 Oct, can you remember how long it took FIFA to allocate the tickets? 

Have to apply for 5 games during this window that closes on 31st Jan so would be nice to know how long they would place the hold on my card for!

There was no hold placed on my card.  It was just charged the full amount on 26th October and I then received an 'application successful' email on 30th October. 

conor253 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conor253 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 2:30pm
Thanks
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 3:57pm

If successful they will attempt to charge your card approx 2 weeks after applications close.  They sometimes try again if it fails.  If the charge is successful and they have your money then they will email you indicating you have been successful.

For the first time ever(to the best of my knowledge) in phase 1 they emailed people allocated tickets whose cards were declined and gave them a 2nd chance to pay.  I wouldn't count on that this time. 

The good news however is that Irish credit card companies have generally been pretty good and realise the charges are valid. Chase in the U.S. were particularly bad last time.

If you monitor your card online your first indicator will be a pending charge from FIFA.  Of course you may only be partially successful and won't know what you got until you get the email.   
conor253 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conor253 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2018 at 10:40am
Thanks for that information. If I apply today, can I apple for a Fan ID before I find out if I have been successful in getting any tickets? 
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2018 at 12:14pm

Thanks for that information. If I apply today, can I apple for a Fan ID before I find out if I have been successful in getting any tickets? 
Good question. When I first heard about that Fan id scheme, I thought that would get you into and out of Russia whether you had any match tickets or not but from what I've been hearing and reading recently, it looks like you need to have been successful in getting at least 1 match ticket (be it from either of the random draws or 'The Portal').  Can anyone clarify?
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2018 at 12:19pm
Yes you need at least 1 ticket from FIFA to apply for a Fan ID.  If successful in this phase you will get a confirmation number and use that to apply.  Guests on successful applications can also apply.  
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2018 at 1:33pm
Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

Yes you need at least 1 ticket from FIFA to apply for a Fan ID.  If successful in this phase you will get a confirmation number and use that to apply.  Guests on successful applications can also apply.  
Thanks GS. Thumbs Up
Lostandfound View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lostandfound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2018 at 6:30pm
Fifa beginning to take payments on Tuesday 20th February.   
conor253 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conor253 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 11:56am
I seem to have had €340 taken out of my account yesterday would indicate 4 x Cat 4 tickets to 1 of the 5 games we had applied for. I presume it is for the Uruguay v Saudi game.

Anyone else have money taken? I wonder is that it all done for this phase now.
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 12:02pm

I seem to have had €340 taken out of my account yesterday would indicate 4 x Cat 4 tickets to 1 of the 5 games we had applied for. I presume it is for the Uruguay v Saudi game.

Anyone else have money taken? I wonder is that it all done for this phase now.

Most likely 4 x Cat 3.  

I got €345 taken which I'm assuming is 2 x cat 1 for 1 of 4 games I applied for.  It is possibly (and hopefully) 2 x cat 3 for 2 of 4 but unlikely.  I applied for cat 1 and ticked the box for lower categories.

1 of the games is for a friend but unlikely that is the successful one as is England v Belgium.   I also applied for Egypt v Uruguay, Argentina v Iceland and England v Panama.  
conor253 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conor253 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 12:19pm
Yes sorry I meant Cat 3!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 14>
  Share Topic