You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Michael Obafemi

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 96979899100 126>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2022 at 11:19pm
I'd agree. Still think Idah will be our main man (if he manages to stay fit). 
Sponsored Links

Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2022 at 12:23am
Originally posted by 50%lesssugar&salt 50%lesssugar&salt wrote:

no chance, he needs to start getting minutes at a club. 
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2022 at 12:47am
Oba!
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2022 at 1:31am
That lad can retire tonight. Produced 2 moments of quality in one match that’s never happened before and won’t be repeated in an Ireland shirt. 
PaulYK View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulYK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2022 at 2:43am
Originally posted by Citizen Citizen wrote:

I thought Idah was starting to look really promising before his injury. With Obafemi, Parrott and Idah showing promise, maybe we can start to dream. 
cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2022 at 5:28am
Glad he’s back in an Ireland shirt 
PaulYK View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulYK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2022 at 6:01am
What a performance, what a pass, what a goal! I'm "All in" on this guy. Seems a fun, amazing person too, from everything I've seen of him. 
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2022 at 7:26am
Originally posted by gazurtoids gazurtoids wrote:

Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Originally posted by SC92 SC92 wrote:

Obafemi and Parrott work well together definitely a partnership worth exploring.

Should have both started against Armenia. 

Robinson and Ogbenes contribution over the first two games has been horrible.

Wouldn't go throwing Ogbene away completely on the back of a couple woeful 'team' performances, lets not forget up to today he's scored maybe 75% of Irelands most recent goals....he could do that role Browne filled today with ease

Ye I wouldn't be getting rid of Ogbene either. He'll still be a big player for us.

You'll do well to see better quality in the goal and assist that Obafemi had last night. Himself and Parrott linked up really well.

Seems like a good character too. 
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2022 at 7:58am
I think we will have trouble keeping him fit and available. Just a hunch but seems that type of player. 

Wonderful performance last night. Like a terrier up front. He’d be awful to mark.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

counterlock View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote counterlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2022 at 8:21am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Ye I wouldn't be getting rid of Ogbene either. He'll still be a big player for us.

You'll do well to see better quality in the goal and assist that Obafemi had last night. Himself and Parrott linked up really well.

Seems like a good character too. 

I thought it took a deflection in real time, with that odd movement catching the keeper but seeing it on the tv, and particular from behind the goal, the ball moves a couple of times. An unbelievable goal Clap

Edited by counterlock - 12 Jun 2022 at 8:22am
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2022 at 9:36am
The more I look at his goal and assist and the better it gets. Absolute class.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2022 at 9:52am

You missed the words 'think' and 'will'. He wasn't full ready for international football but has shown some real glimpses of the talent he has. We have never had a player with his pace, height, strength and goal scoring ability.

He needs to stay injury free and get a solid run of games at club level. 

Michael Obafemi was written off by many on here too. 
SC92 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2022 at 10:44am

You missed the words 'think' and 'will'. He wasn't full ready for international football but has shown some real glimpses of the talent he has. We have never had a player with his pace, height, strength and goal scoring ability.

I kind of agree. If he can get a run of games in the champ and not get injured there is a player there. Also think he will be better with a striker playing next to him as many games he was too isolated for us. If Parrott, Obafemi and Idah all stay fit and are playing regularly that is some good options.
SC92 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2022 at 10:47am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

The more I look at his goal and assist and the better it gets. Absolute class.

I knew he was a good finisher but didn't know he had that ball to Parrott in his game! Could be an excellent pair going forwards if they both have that ability to create chances for each other, already knew Parrott had that in his game.
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2022 at 10:47am
Great performance. You would definitely feel more confident with him on the pitch than any of the other strikers we have. He might be the little spark we needed ..
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2022 at 11:22am
I was sure he was going to give the ball out right before he turned inside again and played Parrott in. He thought about it id say. If we saw that goal anywhere else in the world we would be gushing over over it in envy. But it was our players yesterday. Great skill and finish from Troy aswell.
I love beer gardens
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2022 at 11:30am
Originally posted by SC92 SC92 wrote:

I kind of agree. If he can get a run of games in the champ and not get injured there is a player there. Also think he will be better with a striker playing next to him as many games he was too isolated for us. If Parrott, Obafemi and Idah all stay fit and are playing regularly that is some good options.

I worry that injuries are gonna take their toll on this lad. Two seasons ago fans were hoping for his big breakthrough with Norwich relegated back to the championship. Missed 31 games that season because of injuries and the ten league games he was available for in-between those injuries he only played 55 mins.

Last season fans were hoping he'd get loan to get regular game time. Didn't and didn't see much game time while Farke was manager. When Smith finally gave him a run of games at CF and we were starting to see some positives and good link up with Pukki his season was ruined with yet another knee injury that he missed 17 games with.

Just feels like groundhog Day that it's yet another summer we're hoping big season this season for Idah hopefully, and fingers crossed he avoids another bad injury.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2022 at 11:31am
Power Cube
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 96979899100 126>
  Share Topic