You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Michael Obafemi

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6061626364 125>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote exgrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2020 at 4:23pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Originally posted by Four-Four-Two Four-Four-Two wrote:

maybe hassenhutel just does not like him for whatever reason , just because one person saying a thing does not mean it is so

Tbf Hassenhutll seems fair and when he’s said it a few times it I wouldn’t think it’s without merit. 

To me something like that tells me that he actually rates Obafemi he wouldn’t go out of his way to make a point if he didn’t think he had ability. 

We all see it ourselves a player not at it who has ability is far more frustrating to us then a player we know hasn’t the most quality anyways.

He does.  And i wouldn't think that his first reaction to an issue with Obafemi was to criticise him in the press.  No doubt there were a number of conversations directly with the player, which yielded no result, before he went public.

Don't want to be too down on a young player, and hopefully he comes back stronger from the tough love approach.
Sponsored Links

Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2020 at 9:26am
Originally posted by exgrad exgrad wrote:

Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

Originally posted by ChesterCopperpot ChesterCopperpot wrote:

What are the attitude problems that people are talking about
Bar a response to not making Kenny's squad I dont recall hearing anything about it

His club manager has commented about his attitude multiple times in the media, most linked in this thread.  Its why he has been dropped from the squad.

Am I missing something? I can only see comments that that he's not working as hard in training that's not an attitude problem

eh, not working hard in training is an attitude problem...his manager has questioned his professionalism in the past as well, as damning as you can get about a pro footballers attitude.  The face the manager has criticized him multiple times in the media tells it's own story.

An attitude problem is one who causes problems usually off field. Every club will have the players that don't train as hard as the others, pick up the tactics etc etc. 

I haven't read many Hassenthall interviews I was only going on his comments, in that linked article. If he has alluded to other issues with Obafemi fair enough 
It would damage this forums' reputation
Scissors Kick View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scissors Kick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2020 at 1:11pm

Bar a response to not making Kenny's squad I dont recall hearing anything about it

His club manager has commented about his attitude multiple times in the media, most linked in this thread.  Its why he has been dropped from the squad.

Am I missing something? I can only see comments that that he's not working as hard in training that's not an attitude problem

eh, not working hard in training is an attitude problem...his manager has questioned his professionalism in the past as well, as damning as you can get about a pro footballers attitude.  The face the manager has criticized him multiple times in the media tells it's own story.

An attitude problem is one who causes problems usually off field. Every club will have the players that don't train as hard as the others, pick up the tactics etc etc. 

I haven't read many Hassenthall interviews I was only going on his comments, in that linked article. If he has alluded to other issues with Obafemi fair enough 

I think he has touched on lifestyle  / diet maybe too in the past. I'd have to check again but I remember thinking that's not good. 
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2020 at 1:25pm
Thumbs Up  Thanks SK 

You'd like to think If Hass didn't rate him he wouldn't be publically criticising him

It would damage this forums' reputation
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2020 at 1:58pm
He rates him all right. Obafemi is still only 20 but in his teens had played and scored in the Premiership, played international football for Ireland and earned a three year contract on over half a million a year. Southampton is a good club for developing young players with that sort of potential and will supply ' tough love ' if it is needed. Up to Michael to make the most of his opportunities now.
Dalymount79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2020 at 2:37pm
Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

He rates him all right. Obafemi is still only 20 but in his teens had played and scored in the Premiership, played international football for Ireland and earned a three year contract on over half a million a year. Southampton is a good club for developing young players with that sort of potential and will supply ' tough love ' if it is needed. Up to Michael to make the most of his opportunities now.
if he didn’t rate him he wouldn’t be near the first team squad. Didn’t they recently let go a argentine forward they spent a fair $$$ on just a couple years ago - can’t think of his name.
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2020 at 9:09pm
Originally posted by Dalymount79 Dalymount79 wrote:

Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

if he didn’t rate him he wouldn’t be near the first team squad. Didn’t they recently let go a argentine forward they spent a fair $$$ on just a couple years ago - can’t think of his name.

Guido Carrillo. He was utter pigspunk
ChesterCopperpot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2020 at 9:07am
Originally posted by Scissors Kick Scissors Kick wrote:

I think he has touched on lifestyle  / diet maybe too in the past. I'd have to check again but I remember thinking that's not good. 

Thought it was strange that he was no where near Kenny's squad and now this from Southampton would suggest there is something more to it than ability alright
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2020 at 10:37am
Well, having seen him play centrally in both the U21 games, he didn't stand out as someone you'd be promoting to the first team anytime soon.
That looked his level.
I'd be hopeful he can get the head down and get a move back to first team football.  He has qualities we lack for sure, if they can be nurtured.

Wes_Wanderers View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wes_Wanderers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2020 at 11:16am

Thought it was strange that he was no where near Kenny's squad and now this from Southampton would suggest there is something more to it than ability alright

I think Kenny just does not rate him. There was lots of talk about a bad attitude and that that he would never show up to play for the under 21 team, but he did. So with that I would say it is more likely Kenny just was not that impressed with his ability.
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2020 at 3:43pm
Originally posted by Wes_Wanderers Wes_Wanderers wrote:

I think Kenny just does not rate him. There was lots of talk about a bad attitude and that that he would never show up to play for the under 21 team, but he did. So with that I would say it is more likely Kenny just was not that impressed with his ability.

I’d agree with Kennys assessment. Have never been impressed with this lad in the small bits I’ve seen of him. Doesn’t even look like a championship forward to me 
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2020 at 4:36pm
Dyche should take him at Burnley. I think he be very good playing off a big man
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scissors Kick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2020 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

Course he should  LOL
A manager fighting to stay in the division whos board won't give him a jube for players ever should put it all on an unproven young fella with an attitude problem, a fast food problem, lifestyle problem and doesn't bother in training. 
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2020 at 10:34pm
He would fit in at Burnley in a 2 I reckon aswell. He just can't play on his own up front hence Kenny having no interest in him. 
I think he is carrying way too much weight and really needs to add more workrate to his game otherwise he will find things hard. He isn't blessed with great technique and having just pace and the potential to do something at some stage at random will not give mangers confidence in picking him. If you knew he would put in a massive shift and chase and hassle defenders like Long would etc... more reason to trust him.
Wes_Wanderers View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wes_Wanderers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2020 at 11:00pm
Burnley do not really have anyone like him, Vydra is the closest and he plays mainly on the wing or attacking midfield. Usually they just go with two bigger men up front rather than a little-large combination. Think it is a non starter to be honest.
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2020 at 11:08pm

Course he should  LOL
A manager fighting to stay in the division whos board won't give him a jube for players ever should put it all on an unproven young fella with an attitude problem, a fast food problem, lifestyle problem and doesn't bother in training. 

You’re right.

Sean: if you’re reading this, I hope it’s not too late. DONT SIGN MICHAEL OBAFEMI

Merry Christmas everyone 
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scissors Kick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2020 at 6:32pm

Course he should  LOL

I told him there today Declan too. 
Found his house. Knocked 

God bless you and Happy Christmas 

You’re right.

Sean: if you’re reading this, I hope it’s not too late. DONT SIGN MICHAEL OBAFEMI

Merry Christmas everyone 
Stimpy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stimpy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2020 at 2:04pm
Makes the bench today

Long starting 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6061626364 125>
  Share Topic