You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Michael Obafemi

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 125>
Author
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote korourke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 5:35pm
Mick O'Bafemi - it has a good ring.
Sponsored Links

DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 6:17pm
Originally posted by korourke korourke wrote:

Mick O'Bafemi - he has a good ring.
Kinky
Icy Bread People View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icy Bread People Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 7:43pm
Ultravox - This means nothing to meeeeeeeee
ohhhh bafemi

Anyway. Is he any good? Never saw him play anywhere. 
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 8:12pm
He's exceptionally fast. I have my doubts he'll make it at the top level, but he's worth a run out all the same

We're decent enough..
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 8:12pm
Originally posted by Gabrieléire Gabrieléire wrote:

He is in our squad for a friendly and a competitive game, that says to me he is committed. Cap him on Thursday and Monday please MON. 

I would say there is a strong chance he will be capped against Denmark. If he's in the squad, he's interested and pretty much committed to playing for Ireland. It would be a bit of a surprise to say the least if he dropped out of the Danish squad and refused to allow himself be capped (if he was having those type of doubts, he wouldn't have even turned up this week).
Icy Bread People View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icy Bread People Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 8:15pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

He's exceptionally fast. I have my doubts he'll make it at the top level, but he's worth a run out all the same

well some pace is always welcome in this squad
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 8:22pm
Originally posted by Icy Bread People Icy Bread People wrote:

Ultravox - This means nothing to meeeeeeeee
ohhhh bafemi

Anyway. Is he any good? Never saw him play anywhere. 

Tongue

'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
kearney304 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 9:14pm
Originally posted by Conan Conan wrote:

Originally posted by kearney304 kearney304 wrote:

Originally posted by Conan Conan wrote:

[QUOTE=forza trapp]

This is absolute nonsense and the exact sh*t that goes on in MONs head. 

Any GOOD manager who is in the detail knows what up and coming players are on the scene and makes sure either they are watching them or a scout / fella working for said country is monitoring the situation. 

So I'll start it again. 

GREALISH: Stevie Wonder knew he was a talent. Played all the way up with Irish squads. Irish player of the etc. Get him in the squad and get him capped.

RICE: People were talking about him for a while, flying in the underage setup. Get him in the squad and get him capped. 

People are far too nice and far too naive FFS. Get them in and get them capped. Obafemi the same. Crowley the same. We are a tiny island with a small pool of players. Wales have spent time and effort in this area and it is working for them and other countries with small pools / options. 

We need to wake up and realise that beggars can't be choosers. If there is a talent out there with a sniff of duel and involved in our under age setup we get them in and cap them. They can go back to the 21's or 19's after but that it is closed. 

His interview about this chap is so worrying. Shut up Martin talking bollocks and just cap this kid. What's wrong with people? Oh they should be honoured, times have changed etc. We need players, if they are playing underage with us, they must be interested so less of the rubbish. Get them in and get them capped. How many more players are going to be in this situation. We need to be more ruthless and stop worrying about everyone else. Worry about us. 
He did try and pick them and get them capped, in fact in Declan Rice's case literally. It was Grealish and Rice's decision to withdraw themselves from selection, not MON's. Turning up to the odd underage game is no proof of long term commitment. They have nothing to lose by playing for us at that level.

Simply not true. So I'm not wasting my time if you actually want to defend MON here. Same as your last post.
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 1:25pm
According to Dan McDonnell, Obafemi will not travel to Denmark as he wants more time to consider. 

For f**k sake
Dr. Pat View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 1:25pm
MON confirms Obafemi won't be travelling with the squad to Denmark and that he won't "rush him" into a decision.
A player may be picked for our senior international team tomorrow night who we know is fully committed to the team. We are letting an 18-year old kid take our senior international team on trial. I hate this.
Geremi has let Kilbane in here, cross comes out to Holland, 1:1!!
Dr. Pat View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 1:26pm
Originally posted by Dr. Pat Dr. Pat wrote:

MON confirms Obafemi won't be travelling with the squad to Denmark and that he won't "rush him" into a decision.
A player may be picked for our senior international team tomorrow night who we know is fully *committed to the team. We are letting an 18-year old kid take our senior international team on trial. I hate this.
*not committed
Important omission!
Geremi has let Kilbane in here, cross comes out to Holland, 1:1!!
grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 1:31pm
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

According to Dan McDonnell, Obafemi will not travel to Denmark as he wants more time to consider. 

For f**k sake

Martin O'Neill: ''I have spoken to him (Obafemi). He has enjoyed the training and has done really well. He has settled in nicely. I won't be rushing him into making a decision''
The only way is up
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 1:32pm
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

For f**k sake

Quite simply he shouldn't play tomorrow. This is getting ridiculous 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 1:34pm
So the new soap opera is set to run and run, sweet fckin jaysus What kind of a set up are they running
Liam Green View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liam Green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 1:35pm
Martin O Neill Out... Embarrassing manager
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 1:36pm
Sling your hook kid.
We are a laughing stock.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 1:39pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Sling your hook kid.
We are a laughing stock.

This isn't Obafemi's fault, he should never of been called up until O'Neill held a private conversation with him.

The absolute embarrassment of this. 
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 1:39pm
Sure O'Neill has spent the week planting the idea in his head. What a gimp LOL
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 125>
  Share Topic