You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Michael Obafemi

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 116117118119120 125>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2023 at 5:34pm
23 mins off the bench. Rodriguez came on when Taylor went off injured on 41 mins, so oba looks to be 4th choice currently, work to do!
Idah Dream!
Sponsored Links

E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2023 at 9:43pm
He really needed to establish himself in that team before they got promoted. That's the danger of pissing around like he did for half a season - you're trying to build up form and momentum from absolutely nothing.

Every chance Burnley go out and bring in a couple of attackers now - where is that going to leave him?

Scissors Kick View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scissors Kick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2023 at 7:16pm
Originally posted by E2016 E2016 wrote:

He really needed to establish himself in that team before they got promoted. That's the danger of pissing around like he did for half a season - you're trying to build up form and momentum from absolutely nothing.

Every chance Burnley go out and bring in a couple of attackers now - where is that going to leave him?

Uuuuuu ooooooohhh 
The sky is falling down the sky is falling down
SC92 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2023 at 5:28pm
Positive bunch on here. If he hasn't convinced Kompany I reckon he will get a champ loan again which is a good enough level for us to be happy. Not the end of the world.
dangere_here View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dangere_here Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2023 at 5:30pm
Originally posted by SC92 SC92 wrote:

Positive bunch on here. If he hasn't convinced Kompany I reckon he will get a champ loan again which is a good enough level for us to be happy. Not the end of the world.

f**k off pal
Luis Amor Rodriguez View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2023 at 8:18pm
From how he is being used at over the past few months, I doubt he is in Burnley's plans for the PL. 

But when he's good, he's very, very good.  There'll be a stack of clubs in the Championship interested in his services.

That would be far preferable from our perspective than collecting splinters in his backside in the PL with Burnley.

Just want him playing - sharp, injury-free, playing regularly.

His best run of form was at Swansea, where he was on the verge of becoming a key player for them.  A return to those semi-halcyon days would be welcome!

Edited by Luis Amor Rodriguez - 02 May 2023 at 8:23pm
kearney304 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2023 at 1:44pm
Why would Kompany chase him, pursue him only not to want him?

Players go to clubs all the time and don't feature or play as much as we want them to.

Pep & Klopp are 2 prime managers who do it. And if Kompany is like Pep...
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2023 at 1:49pm
I'm not sure why they chased him really. They were always going to get promoted so they will defo go out and get a striker or two maybe. Is he going to start any games in the PL? Unlikely. Will he get much gametime atal? Again unlikely. Better off staying where he was as he was just putting some form together.
I love beer gardens
kearney304 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2023 at 1:56pm
Seems odd to me to chase a lad but then sign 2 more and not be in his plans at all.

Just my opinion but he is good enough for PL. 100%
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2023 at 2:18pm
I think they saw him as a good value punt. He's probably a 6-8 million standard player and he was available for less than half of that. 

A bit like Luke McNally I suppose. Both are at a good age and play in positions where there is always demand for useful players. Neither player might ever feature regularly for Burnley but they could still end up selling both for a profit if they do well on loan, as McNally has already done.

Next year will be a lot harder for Burnley obviously, so they are likely to rotate their forwards more. If he's one of their best four or so forwards it's probably worth his while staying there and waiting for his chance. If he's lower down the order than that someone like Preston will still happily take him in the Championship, play him every week and likely raise his sell on value.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2023 at 2:31pm
Keep asking questions and it still comes back as the same .
He was bought for £3 million as a view to next season , the CEO sees Burnley as kind of Southampton get in young players and sell them for a profit " he has said this also " . Now as for Obafemi sure he has to be happy now not playing as much as he would like but gets paid the same as was at Swansea but not he gets a massive bonus  for going up ( well by Burnley standards ) and his pay will go up playing in the Prem next year . 
So if people think it's a bad move for him just have a look as the video's on the bus and at Ewood Park and ask again if he is happy . 
 Players love money more than anything else . 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
dangere_here View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dangere_here Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2023 at 2:59pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

So if people think it's a bad move for him just have a look as the video's on the bus and at Ewood Park and ask again if he is happy . 

Part of the problem with that lad, bad attitude, no graft, wants the glory without the sweat and dancing half naked in a sexually suggestive manner to top it off. As they say, a class act 
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2023 at 3:17pm
Originally posted by dangere_here dangere_here wrote:

Part of the problem with that lad, bad attitude, no graft, wants the glory without the sweat and dancing half naked in a sexually suggestive manner to top it off. As they say, a class act 

Not sure if serious
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2023 at 3:51pm
Like he's describing Magic Mike. 

And then I remembered his name is Michael, so that joke has worked better than I was expecting.

The dark side.. And the light
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2023 at 4:06pm

Did you get a little excited watching him or something? Your preoccupation with the way these young athletes look is quite perplexing, it shouldn't be so bothersome to you.
We're decent enough..
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2023 at 4:09pm
A PL player at 17 and a senior Ireland international at 18. Still only 22 and with his best years in front of him. Burnley knew his potential and he was brought in with a view to next season. He has the pace that PL forwards need these days and Kompany will know how to manage him.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2023 at 4:41pm

Jeez you’re a horny little man
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2023 at 7:10pm

You're definitely in the DUP. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 116117118119120 125>
  Share Topic