You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Michael Obafemi

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 114115116117118 125>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2023 at 10:06pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Originally posted by dangere_here dangere_here wrote:

In fairness he seemed t withdraw the accusation to an extent after I qualified my Ruud Gullit comment. 

Ahh yeah no harm done. 

Speaking of Obafemi do we think he will get much gametime next year with Burnley going up?? 

I don’t see them going mad in the transfer market personally. Could see them signing maybe 4/5 players max. Sensibly run club top 4/5 in England in terms of most well run clubs.

Burnley are over 100m in debt and were bought on a Glazer style leveraged deal were they not?
Sponsored Links

Scissors Kick View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scissors Kick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2023 at 10:57pm
Burnley made four other changes tonight before he came on, two were attackers, one other attacker got his first start ahead of him too. On 86 minutes he got a token run out at 2.0 up with the opponents down to ten men most of the game. With promotion already wrapped up. 

Landed on his feet is it  ?
Lucky so cos he has a serious hill to climb. 

Good luck to him, he's clearly confident & will need to be. 
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2023 at 11:13pm
His legs are gone, should cut his losses and sign non-league.
We're decent enough..
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2023 at 12:43am
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

His legs are gone, should cut his losses and sign non-league.

You should be banned for that comment. Legism is a serious issue with footballers. 
It would damage this forums' reputation
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2023 at 8:06am
Originally posted by Roberto_Carlow Roberto_Carlow wrote:

Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

In fairness he seemed t withdraw the accusation to an extent after I qualified my Ruud Gullit comment. 

Ahh yeah no harm done. 

Speaking of Obafemi do we think he will get much gametime next year with Burnley going up?? 

I don’t see them going mad in the transfer market personally. Could see them signing maybe 4/5 players max. Sensibly run club top 4/5 in England in terms of most well run clubs.

Burnley are over 100m in debt and were bought on a Glazer style leveraged deal were they not?
  Debt brought down to around 65 million as had to pay off the same at the start of the season .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2023 at 8:08am
LOL The state of this 
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2023 at 11:31am

Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Seem to enjoy the celebrations 

Classy stuff. Never got a good vibe of this guy to be honest 

Agreed, Josh Cullen in the same team and you'll never see him carrying on like that, mor Coleman nor Niall Quinn. He's only there cos he failed at Swansea too and likely to be a bit player in future. Terrible attitude about him and leaves a bad taste with me when you consider some of the gentlemen who wore the green shirt if the years. He's got nothing on Frank Stapleton or Davey Langan. As I said the other night a poor man's (fat) Ruud Gullit.

Just be honest, the colour of his skin offends you.

Couldn't care less about his skin colour ya mong LOL His attitude is terrible and that alone means I don't think he's earned the shirt.

You're clearly an uneducated idiot if you're flippantly throwing around language like that. 

Totally normal lingo in the school playground when I was growing up in anyways, no offence intended. Though I imagine plenty of precious types get offended by all sorts these days

What a ridiculous reply. Are you still in the school playground? It's a slur against people with mental disabilities, particularly those with downs syndrome. This is even worse if you're standing over using it as an adult.

Mods sort this out will yas, can't be allowing discriminatory language like this to go unchallenged on a public forum 

"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Bukowski View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bukowski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2023 at 2:26pm
Totally normal lingo in the school playground when I was growing up in anyways, no offence intended. Though I imagine plenty of precious types get offended by all sorts these days

Danger, you seems to be a self-indulgent moron. You come on here giving out about how Obafemi and his "attitude" offends you, then you turn around and mock another poster for being offended at your posts.

Get a grip.

Edited by Bukowski - 11 Apr 2023 at 2:26pm
"The third path to wisdom is experience, and is the most bitter."
dangere_here View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dangere_here Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2023 at 5:12pm

Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Seem to enjoy the celebrations 

Classy stuff. Never got a good vibe of this guy to be honest 

Agreed, Josh Cullen in the same team and you'll never see him carrying on like that, mor Coleman nor Niall Quinn. He's only there cos he failed at Swansea too and likely to be a bit player in future. Terrible attitude about him and leaves a bad taste with me when you consider some of the gentlemen who wore the green shirt if the years. He's got nothing on Frank Stapleton or Davey Langan. As I said the other night a poor man's (fat) Ruud Gullit.

Just be honest, the colour of his skin offends you.

Couldn't care less about his skin colour ya mong LOL His attitude is terrible and that alone means I don't think he's earned the shirt.

You're clearly an uneducated idiot if you're flippantly throwing around language like that. 

What a ridiculous reply. Are you still in the school playground? It's a slur against people with mental disabilities, particularly those with downs syndrome. This is even worse if you're standing over using it as an adult.

Mods sort this out will yas, can't be allowing discriminatory language like this to go unchallenged on a public forum 

I qualifed it by saying I am an aul lad ffs, what more do you want. Look I have mates down the pub who would have special needs kids or whatever, no offence is intended here at all. Cute hoor, blackguard, working like a black, knobhead, spa, mong, waster, gouger, moth, cream cracker. This is the lingo you grow up with in working class Dublin and like everything else you tend to be of your generation. I actually find people looking for offence when there is none intended more funny LOL

You can't teach an old dog new tricks and all that
dangere_here View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dangere_here Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2023 at 5:22pm
Originally posted by Bukowski Bukowski wrote:

Danger, you seems to be a self-indulgent moron. You come on here giving out about how Obafemi and his "attitude" offends you, then you turn around and mock another poster for being offended at your posts.

Get a grip.

I'm not mocking anyone here, live and let live and all that. I was more on about the general situation in society where you can't say anything without some third party looking to be offended. This leads to an unhealthy debate and actually studies prove this promotes the far right in anyways. Not having a go at anyone on here but nobody wants an echo chamber either. 

I withdraw my mong comment now and apologize for any unintended offence it caused to the poster in question or anybody else affected.

Edited by dangere_here - 11 Apr 2023 at 5:22pm
counterlock View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote counterlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2023 at 5:25pm
I was waiting to see how long the 'mate down the pub' would take LOL
giveittochristie View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote giveittochristie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2023 at 5:59pm
If you’re offended by my mong comment wait till you hear this list of others I have LOL
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2023 at 6:06pm
Originally posted by giveittochristie giveittochristie wrote:

If you’re offended by my mong comment wait till you hear this list of others I have LOL

LOL
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2023 at 6:51pm
Originally posted by giveittochristie giveittochristie wrote:

LOLLOL
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2023 at 1:02pm
I would imagine that Burnley will defo target some strikers for the PL. It wouldn't surprise me if Kompany went into the Belgian market. I can't see Obafemi getting much gametime.
I love beer gardens
greenshoots View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenshoots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2023 at 10:29am
Yeah I would be surprised to see Obafemi to be a starter for them in the Premier League next year. He has had very little game time with them this year, a few sporadic mins off the bench.
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2023 at 8:28pm
Another game starting on the bench. It has been a sh*te move Unhappy 

It would damage this forums' reputation
Scissors Kick View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scissors Kick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2023 at 10:05pm
Starting to wonder if he's a Burnley signing but maybe not a Kompany one. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 114115116117118 125>
  Share Topic