You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Michael Obafemi

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9899100101102 125>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2022 at 9:16pm
He's going to start Hogan, isn't he?
Sponsored Links

t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2022 at 9:18pm
I'd go with Robinson vs. Hogan
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2022 at 9:41pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

I'd go with Robinson vs. Hogan

Me too. Gives more movement.
I love beer gardens
aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2022 at 9:42pm
There no way hogan should be near the squad, very poor player. 
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2022 at 9:55pm
Whats wrong with Hogan? Hes our only other Championship striker to hit double figures this season with 10 goals just 2 fewer than Obamfemi.

I thought he offered more in his 30 minutes against Scotland than Robbo has in any of the 3 games so far. Hes been dirt this window. Hogan done well enough making some decent run in behinds and worked hard pressing off the ball was of course unlucky to have his goal chalked off too. Him and Parrott seemed more on the same wavelength too.

Robbo drifts out wide too much, takes an age to get a shot away and kept getting in the way of Parrott and Ogbene when making runs in the other games.

Edited by Bandwagon - 13 Jun 2022 at 9:55pm
amccarten313 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amccarten313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2022 at 10:20pm
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

Whats wrong with Hogan? Hes our only other Championship striker to hit double figures this season with 10 goals just 2 fewer than Obamfemi.

I thought he offered more in his 30 minutes against Scotland than Robbo has in any of the 3 games so far. Hes been dirt this window. Hogan done well enough making some decent run in behinds and worked hard pressing off the ball was of course unlucky to have his goal chalked off too. Him and Parrott seemed more on the same wavelength too.

Robbo drifts out wide too much, takes an age to get a shot away and kept getting in the way of Parrott and Ogbene when making runs in the other games.

agree with this, hogan has showed more and seems to work better with parrott
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2022 at 10:44pm
No grá for Will Keane? Might need his physicality if anything.
Pinginí View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pinginí Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2022 at 10:51pm
Hogan is probably the most similar to Obafemi stylistically, so he gets my vote so we can keep the same system as Saturday.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2022 at 10:56pm
Originally posted by Pinginí Pinginí wrote:

Hogan is probably the most similar to Obafemi stylistically, so he gets my vote so we can keep the same system as Saturday.

He is in his bollix
I love beer gardens
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2022 at 11:18pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

He is in his bollix

Yeah 2 very different types of player, Hogan is more of a Robbie Keane poacher type for the most part. Makes smart runs into the box and finds the space to pop up for close range tap in finishes. Like for his goal/chance there on Saturday vs Scotland just arriving at the back post.
Pinginí View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pinginí Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2022 at 11:18pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

He is in his bollix
Who is so? Our other two central striking options are Keane and Robinson. Hogan is clearly the most like-for-like replacement for Obafemi. Not saying he offers the same quality, but if we play a 2 again, I'd want him with Parrott.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2022 at 6:17am
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

No grá for Will Keane? Might need his physicality if anything.

We want to replicate the aggression and pressing we did against Scotland. I doubt we can do that with Keane in the team. 
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2022 at 7:43am
I think he may play tonight.  
AKA pedantic kunt
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2022 at 8:39am
I wouldn't have a problem with Will Keane getting another shot. I'd prefer him to Hogan. I just can't take to Hogan
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2022 at 8:48am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Well everywhere i am reading and hearing that he is out.

Unless Kenny is pulling a fast one. 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

djhegzy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djhegzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2022 at 8:53am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Tbf he did that with Egan the last game so maybe 
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2022 at 8:54am
Originally posted by djhegzy djhegzy wrote:

Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Tbf he did that with Egan the last game so maybe 

That did cross my mind but i think that's more related to the fact that his wife is due to give birth at hour. 
AS YOU WERE McGx

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2022 at 8:56am
Ps. it would be great if it was some sort of mind game plan from Kenny Cool
AS YOU WERE McGx

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9899100101102 125>
  Share Topic