You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

English FA Cup 2017/18

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 26>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2018 at 10:30pm
I think RB has been served justice for mocking the cup over the weekend Cool
Sponsored Links

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2018 at 10:32pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

I think Pep was just telling Paul Cook how much he rates him.

He said in the interview after the game that he told Cook to stay in his technical area and agreed that Delphs tackle was a red card

I was only joking. It seemed to me that Cook was having a go about the tackle to defend his players and Pep was just giving his side of it. The whole thing looked worse because of everyone else trying to keep them apart.

Nail on the head.

Tonight was a throw back to the old days, you had riot police, managers arguing, fans invading the pitch, tough tackling throughout the game etc

Exactly what's been missing in the modern game, long may it continue. 
I only turned the game on as there wasn't anything else on and I had the telly to myself, same as yesterday afternoon, and I am really glad I did. There was some real FA Cup magic this weekend, thoroughly entertaining.
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2018 at 10:32pm

Wigan got their tactics spot on. They defended deep and narrow and let City have the ball out wide instead. City were flinging crosses into the box with no joy coming from it. Wigan rode their luck and fair play to them.
El Puto Amo
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2018 at 10:36pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

I think RB has been served justice for mocking the cup over the weekend Cool

I simply said it was a terribly dull set of fixtures and games on Saturday and Sunday, bar Rochdales late equaliser, and that empty seats galore and team selections added to the attitude of it all. I’m bemused as to why criticising the competition offends you so greatly I have to say. People criticise the EPL, CL, SPL etc all the time on here and no one takes it this badly. Everyone can have an opinion

I suppose it is a sense of justice as no one saw that result coming
fair play to the BBC for their game selection in this round

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 19 Feb 2018 at 10:37pm
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2018 at 10:39pm
I said maybeeeeee
You gotta be the one that saves meeeeeeee
And after aaaaallllll
You're my Wonderwaaaaallllll

Wigan!

#asyouwere

coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2018 at 10:39pm
How can you not love the FA Cup though RB.

The only cup where an ex-Sligo Manager can 1 up and fight with an ex-Barcelona Manager LOL

Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2018 at 11:25pm

Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

Another incredibly dull round of the greatest cup competition in the world
Apart from a late Rochdale equaliser it was actually a total bore
Who wants to watch Sheffield Wednesday against Swansea reserves

Very condescending attitude, if it's not the premier league then what's the point

Most premier league managers seem to take the same attitude given their team selections in the competition
The likes of Sheffield United even making wholesale changes too
The magic of the cup

Magic of the cup indeed, hope that wasn't "incredibly dull" or a "bore" for you tonight?

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2018 at 11:28pm

Another incredibly dull round of the greatest cup competition in the world
Apart from a late Rochdale equaliser it was actually a total bore
Who wants to watch Sheffield Wednesday against Swansea reserves

Very condescending attitude, if it's not the premier league then what's the point

Most premier league managers seem to take the same attitude given their team selections in the competition
The likes of Sheffield United even making wholesale changes too
The magic of the cup

Magic of the cup indeed, hope that wasn't "incredibly dull" or a "bore" for you tonight?

No it wasn’t thanks
Still doesn’t make Saturdays games any better, hence I made my comments regarding those
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2018 at 12:24am
Was at the game....don't think i've celebrated a goal or a final whistle as much for a team I don't support! Just pray the game isn't on the Sat. St Patricks day...the one day a year I cant possibly take off working in an Irish bar...After the game probably the most violent scenes I've seen at a football match...Playing Wonderwall really goaded the City fans! Not gonna lie..I had a great time watching from afar! Some amount of cops on the train back to Manchester
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2018 at 12:38am
Wigan's 3rd consecutive win against City in the FA Cup I've just read.

Bogey team no matter what league they're in!
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2018 at 2:17am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Burn has to be MOTM, he’s been everywhere

Jenas giving it to Grigg, surely has to be one of the defenders. Max Power (can't help but think of the Simpsons when I hear his name) has been decent too.

The amount of people giving out about the FA Cup on here this weekend LOL

Image result for max power simpsons gif
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2018 at 2:20am
Originally posted by max max wrote:

Have the tics at 18/1. Surely they'll bring on KDB in the second half now. Would of been over at it, only it was made the monday game Daring to dream..

Well played Clap that's a nice touch
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2018 at 8:50am
I've heard two impressive stats since the game last night. As always, not sure if both are true but here goes.
1. Wigan have never lost a 5th round FA Cup tie
2. Paul Cook is the first English manager to ever beat a Pep Guardiola managed side
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2018 at 8:53am

Tonight was a throw back to the old days, you had riot police, managers arguing, fans invading the pitch, tough tackling throughout the game etc

100% correct GD
I was thinking that was one best FA cup ties i've witnessed in years. It had everything.

The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2018 at 10:23am
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Jenas giving it to Grigg, surely has to be one of the defenders. Max Power (can't help but think of the Simpsons when I hear his name) has been decent too.

LOL
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2018 at 10:25am
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Reildogg View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reildogg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2018 at 10:25am
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

100% correct GD
I was thinking that was one best FA cup ties i've witnessed in years. It had everything.

Ah the old days
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2018 at 10:27am

It was certainly better than rival players and managers hugging and kissing each other in the tunnel before and after anyway. Bit of a throwback

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 26>
  Share Topic