Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Why are England NOT the best

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 25>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2017 at 10:27am

Butland and Pickford should both be ahead of Hart.

He's finished

Sponsored Links

Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2017 at 10:38am
Yeah I don't think Shilton is showing any great Stoke bias by proclaiming Butland the better goalkeeper. The only issue is that injuries have hampered his development. Hart has been poor for a while now - had a terrible Euros, bad season at Torino and now part of a very poor West Ham side.
He'll be first choice again for the World Cup but he should probably only be making the squad as third choice.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2017 at 10:44am
Still baffles me that West Ham plumped for Hart over Randolph
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2017 at 10:55am
At least Randolph got out to Boro. If Randolph was the no 1 at West Ham there still wouldn't be much hope for them as a team and would do much for the confidence.
Wouldn't think that England supporters would be too happy if their no 1 keeper had just been relegated coming into a World Cup.
The dark side.. And the light
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2017 at 10:56am
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Would this be roughly their best XI?  I'm sure you could argue over 3/4 players but the core would be 
Walker / Stones / Cahill / Sterling / Alli / Kane / Rashford

B Foster
Walker, Stones, Cahill, Rose
Winks , Sterling , Alli, Lallana
Rashford, Kane

Where would that team finish in the Prem.....  I would think outside the top 4 and thats the issue.

Ben Foster Pickford and Butland are miles ahead of the pack and you opt for him!
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2017 at 11:01am
They’ve a decent first 11 but lack depth.
On the goalkeeper issue, and I think you’ve to bring 3 to a tournament, so I go Butland, Pickford & Forster.
Hart is finished.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2017 at 11:36am
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Would this be roughly their best XI?  I'm sure you could argue over 3/4 players but the core would be 
Walker / Stones / Cahill / Sterling / Alli / Kane / Rashford

B Foster
Walker, Stones, Cahill, Rose
Winks , Sterling , Alli, Lallana
Rashford, Kane

Where would that team finish in the Prem.....  I would think outside the top 4 and thats the issue.

Ben Foster Pickford and Butland are miles ahead of the pack and you opt for him!

Okay Bad choice Embarrassed would Tom Heaton not be an option.

None of them would make a top 6 club so I just see them all as being lower premiership team standard.

Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2017 at 11:52am
Tough job that, bar a few the midfield options aren't great
Bit of craic though so I went with

Butland
Foster
Pickford

Rose
Walker
Stones
Bertrand
Cahill
Smalling
Gomez
Dier

Drinkwater
Sterling
Henderson
Winks
Lingard
Alli
Lallana
Delph

Rashford
Vardy
Sturridge
Kane
Some people just deserve a slap
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2017 at 12:01pm
They actually have the guts of a decent team. It's central midfield that is their Achilles' heel though - bar Alli they look really weak there compared to most other positions.
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2017 at 12:09pm
They really need a kind draw or they aint getting out of the group.

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2017 at 12:10pm
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

They actually have the guts of a decent team. It's central midfield that is their Achilles' heel though - bar Alli they look really weak there compared to most other positions.
Very true. When you see the list of players it really stands out
Some people just deserve a slap
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2017 at 12:29pm
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

They really need a kind draw or they aint getting out of the group.

They'd be extremely unlucky to not get at least one sh*t sh*t team and two teams that are capable of finishing ahead of them. QF is the limit I feel they can achieve. I predict a second round elimination for them. I'd fancy ourselves to get out of a World Cup group.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2017 at 5:28pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/18804/11150477/choose-your-england-world-cup-squad-for-russia-2018

Pick your England Squad

Bar Kane they have a shocking panel to choose from

Care to back up this statement? Confused

"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2017 at 6:54pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/18804/11150477/choose-your-england-world-cup-squad-for-russia-2018

Pick your England Squad

Bar Kane they have a shocking panel to choose from

Care to back up this statement? Confused

It's my opinion. I'll agree Alli, Walker are decent players but compare that list of players to the likes of Germany, Brazil, Spain, France,Argentina it's not great.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2017 at 7:33pm
If we had any one of the majority of that English squad we’d be raving about them.
People saying we’d definitely get out of the group had we got Denmark’s group, and England have a shocking squad is a bit deluded IMO
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2017 at 8:41pm
Ffs Lass

They qualify for most major tournaments with little fuss. We are 1 out of 3 at best.

We do nothing but big up our achievements even if we win one match. After Austria away last year we completely got ahead of ourselves and yet we bitch and moan if the English media display any of the same confidence/arrogance.

Total hypocrisy on our part.

Edited by irishmufc - 01 Dec 2017 at 8:42pm
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2017 at 11:39pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Ffs Lass

They qualify for most major tournaments with little fuss. We are 1 out of 3 at best.

We do nothing but big up our achievements even if we win one match. After Austria away last year we completely got ahead of ourselves and yet we bitch and moan if the English media display any of the same confidence/arrogance.

Oh shut up you tart
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2017 at 12:12am
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Ffs Lass

Oh shut up you tart

Didn't you live in England at some stage Mr Bitter?

And by the way, is there any part of my post that isn't true?

Edited by irishmufc - 02 Dec 2017 at 12:14am
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 25>
  Share Topic