Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Champions League 17/18

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 79>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2017 at 11:11am
Are group placings decided on goal difference or head to heads, when points are level?

Sponsored Links

FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2017 at 11:13am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Are group placings decided on goal difference or head to heads, when points are level?

H2H. That's why Celtic are out.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2017 at 11:40am
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

H2H. That's why Celtic are out.

How?

Celtic have to play Anderlecht at home, they've already beaten them 3-0 away from home.

So baring a scoreline greater than 3-0 they will go through.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2017 at 11:45am
He means out of the CL.

Should get EL football after Christmas

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 01 Nov 2017 at 11:45am
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2017 at 11:49am
As Baggio said, just meant CL. I'm sure Celtic will progress to the Europa League. I can't see Anderlecht getting a point against Bayern and they won't beat Celtic by 4.

YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2017 at 11:57am

Getting out of that CL group was never on the cards. Celtic were always competing for that EL spot.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2017 at 12:00pm
It'll be progress if Europe League qualification is achieved
Could give that competition a real go too if performance levels are similar to last nights, and the atmosphere is something similar.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2017 at 2:51pm

It'll be progress if Europe League qualification is achieved
Could give that competition a real go too if performance levels are similar to last nights, and the atmosphere is something similar.

With a bit of luck in the draw, and perhaps the signing of an eligible and capable centre-half, it can't be beyond the realms of possibility to get to a semi-final or even another final.
It is almost cliché to talk about Ajax doing it last year, but it certainly gives hope.
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2017 at 3:07pm

Atleti having a poor season so far. A CL group stage exit on the cards and they have drawn 5 of their first 10 La Liga matches. Are Simeones methods starting to fatigue them? 
El Puto Amo
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2017 at 4:01pm
New stadium blues I reckon 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2017 at 4:06pm
There would be some bold (and hopeful) predictions about coefficients and the future of the league on here if an EPL side failed to beat Carrier Bag twice in a fortnight

The decline of the EPL thread would be quite busy I'd imagine

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 01 Nov 2017 at 4:09pm
The Green Werewolf View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Green Werewolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2017 at 4:08pm
fancy Monaco to do the business tonight in turkey, been brutal so far but surely due a win??

Edited by McAteerdrops - 01 Nov 2017 at 4:09pm
Away days brighten the North Stand, Our football friends from foreign lands. They'd nudge eachother with their hands - "Wow these really are the worlds best fans"
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2017 at 4:11pm
Napoli v Man City looks a great game, will hopefully get to watch the 2nd half
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2017 at 4:15pm

There would be some bold (and hopeful) predictions about coefficients and the future of the league on here if an EPL side failed to beat Carrier Bag twice in a fortnight

Coefficients don't really matter any more now that the top four leagues are getting four places, straight into the group stages, as of next season.
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2017 at 4:19pm

Yeah but it might be a tad early to write off La Liga entirely given that the winners of the last 4 CL's have come from Spain
El Puto Amo
stokeirish View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stokeirish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2017 at 4:21pm
Still think RM will make it 3IAR. Ignore their recent league form. This is the competition they covet the most and they will raise it
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2017 at 4:24pm
Think Napoli will inflict City's first defeat of the season on them tonight
Also fancy Real to win at Wembley

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2017 at 4:35pm
I agree on both Baggio, a small double be good me thinks
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 79>
  Share Topic