Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Champions League 17/18

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6970717273 79>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 7:41am
Great cup tie, Bayern were the better side and unlucky not to go through! Thiago was brilliant last night, the complete midfielder.

Madrid will be strong favourites in the final simply because they have a far better side than Roma and Liverpool.
Sponsored Links

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 8:08am
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Great cup tie, Bayern were the better side and unlucky not to go through! Thiago was brilliant last night, the complete midfielder.

Madrid will be strong favourites in the final simply because they have a far better side than Roma and Liverpool.

Just like AC Milan in 05 were. 

I would fancy Madrid more if it was over 2 legs but a final? I would only have them as slight favourites tbh. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 8:23am
Assuming pool get thru.....
They’re both obviously well capable of scoring goals, so it’ll be who can put together the most composed defensive performance on the night. 
Ramos in full **** mode for 90mins anyway. Assuming Liverpool can keep 11 players on the pitch for the full game I certainly wouldn’t write them off 

Edited by 9fingers - 02 May 2018 at 8:29am
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 8:23am
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Irrespective of who gets to play Madrid in the final they will lose. Madrid are UEFA and Adidas's chosen ones at the moment.
Would have thought Munich were adidas’s poster boys considering they own a share of the club.

Thought German clubs were 51% fan owned ? I'm sure there are ways around that rule. Irrespective of whether Adidas have a shareholding in Bayern and I take it you know your stuff, Madrid sell a lot more shirts than Bayern. Between them and Barca they have the South American market sewn up. That's without even considering SE Asia. Even in Dublin there it has been noticable the number of kids wearing RM or Barca tops over the last 10 years or so. 

As perhaps the biggest club in Germany, it does Adidas no harm to be involved with Bayern and no doubt makes them a lot of euro.

But do you really think that Adidas care where they make their money in the globalized business world we exist in. Adidas have 4 of the top 5 selling club shirts in the world - BM, Chelsea, RM and Man U. The other one is of course SRFC.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 8:28am
Thought Lewandowski was a huge disappointment over the two legs
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 8:38am

Thiago is a lovely player. Barca were very shortsighted to allow him to leave. 
El Puto Amo
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 8:57am

Irrespective of who gets to play Madrid in the final they will lose. Madrid are UEFA and Adidas's chosen ones at the moment.
Would have thought Munich were adidas’s poster boys considering they own a share of the club.

Thought German clubs were 51% fan owned ? I'm sure there are ways around that rule. Irrespective of whether Adidas have a shareholding in Bayern and I take it you know your stuff, Madrid sell a lot more shirts than Bayern. Between them and Barca they have the South American market sewn up. That's without even considering SE Asia. Even in Dublin there it has been noticable the number of kids wearing RM or Barca tops over the last 10 years or so. 

As perhaps the biggest club in Germany, it does Adidas no harm to be involved with Bayern and no doubt makes them a lot of euro.

But do you really think that Adidas care where they make their money in the globalized business world we exist in. Adidas have 4 of the top 5 selling club shirts in the world - BM, Chelsea, RM and Man U. The other one is of course SRFC.

Do they make tinfoil hats as well?
Reildogg View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reildogg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 9:39am
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Originally posted by Reildogg Reildogg wrote:

Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

How the fook did Real get through? Bayern by far the better side. Liverpool will beat Real.

Because the great sides always find a way Clap

Courtesy of Messrs. Rafinha and Ul - fourth - reich

The best teams punish mistakes, Real were good enough to punish Bayern yet Bayern couldn't do the same to them. 

Accept that but surely you must accept the gravity of the mistake plays a part. The Bohemians Supporters Club striker would have punished Ulreichs mistaken.
Reildogg View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reildogg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 9:43am
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Thiago is a lovely player. Barca were very shortsighted to allow him to leave. 

Agreed.
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 9:43am
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Do they make tinfoil hats as well?

Sorry Vidic and excuse my ignorance, but what does tinfoil hats mean ? I've seen it a few times and am none the wiser.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
BohsinMunich View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 9:46am
CH
adidas own 10% (or possibly) more shares in  Bayern which doesn't infringe the 50+1 rule
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 9:46am
Tinfoil hats - suggests paranoia
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 9:49am

Thought German clubs were 51% fan owned ? I'm sure there are ways around that rule. Irrespective of whether Adidas have a shareholding in Bayern and I take it you know your stuff,
Yes you are correct about the 50+1% fan owned.

Munich is 75% fan owned with adidas, audi and Allianz each owning 8%.

Munich would be massive in the US with the 70m odd ex-Germans there.

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 10:00am
Liverpool would have devoured Real Madrid over two legs. 

But a one-off game is a one-off game - it gives the lesser team a chance.

I really hope they play Kovacic in the final. He's useless. 

9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 10:30am
Just to add to the irrelevance, Nike make Chelsea’s kit 
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 11:04am
Think Liverpool will beat Real handily, and will have an easy game tonight as playing another dead rubber game. They have been the outstanding team by far and could emulate Bayern's last win where they were superb all throughout the knockouts.

Edited by Bob Hoskins - 02 May 2018 at 11:04am
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 11:06am
This needs to be the new shortened version of the Champions League bought by the clothes company A.C.L .
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 11:07am
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Think Liverpool will beat Real handily, and will have an easy game tonight as playing another dead rubber game. They have been the outstanding team by far and could emulate Bayern's last win where they were superb all throughout the knockouts.

You probably thought the same of Barca in the Quarters when they played away to Roma
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6970717273 79>
  Share Topic