Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Champions League 17/18

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 79>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2017 at 12:39am
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Originally posted by max max wrote:

Crazy high line defending from Dortmund making for a great game. Fair play to TV3 for showing the best game of the night rather than showing United or Liverpool too.

Have you anything original to add apart from parroting what the tv3 commentary said? 

Coming from the man who posted 'Randolph would have saved it' which was pretty pointless, yet you're picking up Max on a valid point regarding Dortmund Confused

Dortmund do play a very high line, it was very evident at Wembley two weeks ago and you would have thought they would have learned their lesson, obviously not hence why Max made his point I'd imagine.

You're turning into an awful grump around here lately Ouch

Edited by Green Devil - 27 Sep 2017 at 12:44am
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Sponsored Links

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2017 at 12:58am
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Crazy high line defending from Dortmund making for a great game. Fair play to TV3 for showing the best game of the night rather than showing United or Liverpool too.

Have you anything original to add apart from parroting what the tv3 commentary said? 

Coming from the man who posted 'Randolph would have saved it' which was pretty pointless, yet you're picking up Max on a valid point regarding Dortmund Confused Pointless?! I was taking the piss. What's the correlation between my point (not even a point btw) 'in jest' and another poster who was just repeating what the commentary said. 

Dortmund do play a very high line, it was very evident at Wembley two weeks ago and you would have thought they would have learned their lesson, obviously not hence why Max made his point I'd imagine.

My argument is Max was repeating what he heard on tv and nothing to do with Dortmund's high line (which I couldn't give bollocks about anyway)

You're turning into an awful grump around here lately Ouch Boo fookin hoo
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2017 at 1:05am
'In jest' and it was about as funny as AIDS.

Or maybe being the keen football fan that Max is and an avid fan of German football given his strong German roots that he had the same observation as many of us who watch Dortmund regularly and decided he wanted to make a point! 

Given this is a football forum after all.

You were just being petty for the sake of it. 

"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2017 at 1:16am
Anyhow back to the football, while I've never had any great love for Spurs I must say I really do hope that they make it past the group stage as I really like their brand of football.

Harry Kane could end up at Real Madrid with the rate he's going at, I believe that when Benzema starts getting phased out (in a season or two) he could become the perfect number 9 for Real. 

Edited by Green Devil - 27 Sep 2017 at 1:17am

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2017 at 8:58am

Anyhow back to the football, while I've never had any great love for Spurs I must say I really do hope that they make it past the group stage as I really like their brand of football.

Harry Kane could end up at Real Madrid with the rate he's going at, I believe that when Benzema starts getting phased out (in a season or two) he could become the perfect number 9 for Real. 

He will, on match week 4

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2017 at 10:02am

Or maybe being the keen football fan that Max is and an avid fan of German football given his strong German roots that he had the same observation as many of us who watch Dortmund regularly and decided he wanted to make a point! 

AIDS ffs

Are you his PR man? I'm sure he can answer for himself.

He was making that sounded like he took it straight from tv3. I highlighted that.

Big deal. It is a football forum after all
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2017 at 11:14am

AIDS ffs

Are you his PR man? I'm sure he can answer for himself.

He was making that sounded like he took it straight from tv3. I highlighted that.

Big deal. It is a football forum after all

Why the f**k would you bother though?! This forum is hard work sometimes
HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2017 at 11:32am
Timo Werner asked to subbed off early last night because the Besiktas fans were too loud apparently, the poor fella
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2017 at 11:43am

I caught he last few mins and was pleasantly surprised at their choice, was that just an editorial choice or was there a different reason?? 

I remember reading RTE's response to only showing the English clubs games even if it was a dead rubber and they said it was down to viewership figures would drop hugely if they didn't show those games, so I'd be certain TV 3 would do the same.
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2017 at 12:15pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

I caught he last few mins and was pleasantly surprised at their choice, was that just an editorial choice or was there a different reason?? 

I remember reading RTE's response to only showing the English clubs games even if it was a dead rubber and they said it was down to viewership figures would drop hugely if they didn't show those games, so I'd be certain TV 3 would do the same.
Those TV3 dickheads showed Man United v Basel instead of Barcelona v Juventus a couple of weeks ago. I was glad to see they finally used some sense last night.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2017 at 1:17pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Those TV3 dickheads showed Man United v Basel instead of Barcelona v Juventus a couple of weeks ago. I was glad to see they finally used some sense last night.

Why do think they showed United Franko?

MUFC
Hated.Adored. Never ignored
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2017 at 2:03pm

MUFC

Except of course for the last five or so years so where they've been more or less an irrelevance in the larger scheme of things.

Frank's right - it was a crime screening that filth the other week ahead of some of the other ties.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2017 at 2:51pm
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

MUFC

Except of course for the last five or so years so where they've been more or less an irrelevance in the larger scheme of things.

Frank's right - it was a crime screening that filth the other week ahead of some of the other ties.

Screening that filth

It might something to do with the fact United are arguably the most popular English club side in Ireland and most of the football tv public whether you like or hate them would rather watch one of the English sides in Europe. The demand is obviously there in comparison to Juventus.

That's why I was surprised Liverpool's game wasn't shown over Dortmund's last night on tv3 as they'd also have a big fanbase in Ireland.

You can call them an irrelevance all you want but their popularity was always there during the Moyes/Van Gaal years.

What club team do you follow Devrorex out of curiousity? I genuinely don't know.

Edited by irishmufc - 27 Sep 2017 at 2:53pm
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2017 at 3:33pm

What club team do you follow Devrorex out of curiousity? I genuinely don't know.

I don't really follow a club side to be honest, although I do watch a fair bit of the Prem. I have always found it an enjoyable league to follow despite not supporting any one team from it.

And I understand why the likes of TV3 and RTE do it but on certain occasions like that it can be particularly annoying. United at home to Basle is never going to be a classic.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2017 at 7:57pm
Remember when Akinfeev was the next best thing
Neil Armstrong View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cyavan Cyunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Armstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2017 at 9:42pm
Diego CostaLOL
Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2017 at 9:46pm
What happened?

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Neil Armstrong View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cyavan Cyunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Armstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2017 at 11:24pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

What happened?

Late winner right on full time 90+3 a sickener!
Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 79>
  Share Topic