Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Champions League 17/18

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 79>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2017 at 5:34pm
As I said in regard to Madrid, they won the league last year and it got the monkey off their back after going a good few seasons without winning it but it's always the CL they focus on every year and that's what they're ultimately judged on.

I think Barca are another season or two away from challenging for the CL again, 2 or 3 players short from winning it imo.

"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Sponsored Links

caseballs View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caseballs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2017 at 9:52pm
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

I still fancy Real to win the league. Strongest squad 
Madrid will win the league comfortably.

No they won't.

Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 9:43pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Basle and Benfica so far for United. Spurs got f**ked over Real and Dortmund so far

United second seeds and Spurs third seeds.

If they'd taken the Europa League a bit more seriously over the last few years, they wouldn't be in this position.

Hell slap it up them.

Spurs have pretty much secured the 2nd round now.

Neil Armstrong View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cyavan Cyunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Armstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 9:46pm
Who's this kjaer lad that scored for Seville?
Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 9:52pm
City brilliant for 25 minutes and then poor enough second half
Have to grind it out in the end
John Stones man of the match
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 10:01pm

Here's one for you Burnley WERE 35/1 to win at City on Saturday , now down at 20s at the moment .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 10:10pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Last year all but 1 of the bottom team in each group got over 3 points.
I can see something similar this year.

Some teams will get battered.

Liverpool's 7-0 away adds to the argument there is too many teams in the champions league.

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 10:12pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Here's one for you Burnley WERE 35/1 to win at City on Saturday , now down at 20s at the moment .

Nothing would surprise me with city
TioPepe View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TioPepe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 10:17pm
Kjaer might be available for the game v Ireland. The locals may lynch him when he gets back to Seville. Disgraceful performance. 
TioPepe View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TioPepe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 10:28pm
Originally posted by Neil Armstrong Neil Armstrong wrote:

Who's this kjaer lad that scored for Seville?

Simon Jkaer Arguably their best player next to Eriksen, for me he is. Key man in their defence because his two wing backs aren't up to much.

Proven defender in Germany, France, Turkey, Italy and now playing his trade in my home town for Sevilla. He hasn't been great since he arrived, I expected big things of him arriving in La Liga. Passes the ball about comfortably, aerially quite dominate and doesn't tend to give fouls away. 
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 10:35pm
Would you ever take your fkn football manager bolloxolgy elsewhere ffs

Kjaer still is and was a fkn laughing stock in Italy.

Go watch a game instead of rehashing some bs you've read or dreamt up while playing fifa/football manager ffs

About the 4th time now today you've been spouting sh*te about Kjaer on here.
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 10:48pm
Originally posted by PhilliyK PhilliyK wrote:

Go watch a game instead of rehashing some bs you've read or dreamt up while playing fifa/football manager ffs

Agreed on Kjaer, it's with good reason as to why he's never at one club for too long.

He's an ordinary defender, I think he rates himself a hell of a lot more than his ability matches up to.

"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 11:01pm

Last year all but 1 of the bottom team in each group got over 3 points.
I can see something similar this year.

Some teams will get battered.

Liverpool's 7-0 away adds to the argument there is too many teams in the champions league.

Or that the likes of Maribor are f**king sh*t and got lucky to qualify for the group stages.

Do you think the likes of Dundalk or Cork would get turned over 7-0 at home to Liverpool in the CL?
TioPepe View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TioPepe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 11:30pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Originally posted by PhilliyK PhilliyK wrote:

Agreed on Kjaer, it's with good reason as to why he's never at one club for too long.

He's an ordinary defender, I think he rates himself a hell of a lot more than his ability matches up to.

He's played for huge clubs in each country bar maybe Lille were he made some form of a reputation. He's not exactly your average journey man either. He's still adapting to La Liga, the best league in the world. If he's a laughing stock in Italy then got help him here eh.
I rate him, I like him as a defender. But yes he's certainly arrogant from what I've seen.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 11:45pm
One of the biggest name in world football scored tonight.

Sokratis Papastathopolous.

Unfortunately, his similarly monikered teammate Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang was unable to nab the winner.
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 12:37am

True.

Kick em both out. Wink
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 12:13pm
Sevilla losing 5-1 in Moscow is a mad result, Liverpool should have beaten Spartak easily away from home. They haven't gone on from been a top Europa League team to one in the Champions League like Atletico Madrid have. 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
TioPepe View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TioPepe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 2:12pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Sevilla losing 5-1 in Moscow is a mad result, Liverpool should have beaten Spartak easily away from home. They haven't gone on from been a top Europa League team to one in the Champions League like Atletico Madrid have. 

I think that is in part due to the change of management and players. Unai Emery leaving was a huge blow to that ambition. 
Many key players have also left since they won 3 Europa leagues in a row. Just this summer, Vitolo left on top of Gameiro, Llorente, Rami, Krychowiak, Coke, Mariano. Benega was also sold but returned this year again. Atetlico Kicked on, Seville slowly dismantled their team and rebuilt it each summer with another 2/3 key signings and some failed. Ie Ganso. I don't think Vazquez hit the heights expected either last season, a number of new recruits this summer. Navas back, Nolito and a few others. 

Betis also strengthened heavily. Javi Garcia among a few well known names! Certainly makes the football better in the City Clap
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 79>
  Share Topic