You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bitcoin, Blockchain and Cryptocurrencies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 22>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 4:15pm
Originally posted by randyrandolph randyrandolph wrote:

Originally posted by Deane Deane wrote:

Probably a good time to invest

no it's not. it's really really not. i have been and will continuing to be urging people to avoid these things. Most people have absolute no idea what they are investing in. they are massive ponzi schemes and people should not be risking money they cant afford to lose.

sure if you have 10k to waste and fancy a punt it could go up 500% next year but it doesnt mean it's a good time to invest.

avoid.

I agree with Randy. If you know nothing about the market stay well away.

https://www.economist.com/blogs/buttonwood/2018/01/tales-crypto-1
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 4:39pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Gaz what's the brother in law thinking in all of this?

My brother works with a Hungarian guy and he and family members back home had all bought some a few years ago, they sold them in December. Loads of his family got like 100k+, which is an absolute fortune for where they are lving. Great story to hear Thumbs Up

He hasn't sold any and doesn't plan too - said he's in it for the long haul. 

I reckon he's missed his chance and will end up losing money by the time he sees the light but sure what do I know
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 4:43pm
Rather than a savage drop, this looks to me more like a natural re-balancing after unnatural and unrestricted growth.

Possibly a consequence of the availability of futures on these now.

Means you can short bitcoin which keep the price from growing and growing.
@AntrimMan85
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 5:18pm
Incidentally, bitcoin mining now uses more electricity than the entire Republic of Ireland. It's hilariously unsustainable.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 5:24pm
You know things aren't right when you go on football forums and receive investment advice from experts
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 8:11pm
Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

My brother works with a Hungarian guy and he and family members back home had all bought some a few years ago, they sold them in December. Loads of his family got like 100k+, which is an absolute fortune for where they are lving. Great story to hear Thumbs Up

I reckon he's missed his chance and will end up losing money by the time he sees the light but sure what do I know
Can't remember if i posted this one but one of the lads in our department at work bought €20,000 of bitcoin , i think in 2013 ( fecking huge amount of cash for Joe Soaps like myself ) and at Christmas it was worth 1.2 million euro . 
Now to cash  it he would have had to pay taxes of 400,000 in Ireland but said to hell with that as he flew out to Panama last Sunday for a year ( i think ) where he will get to keep it all . 
Great story everyone was so happy for him just like someone winning the lottery who you know . 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
randyrandolph View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randyrandolph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 9:42pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Can't remember if i posted this one but one of the lads in our department at work bought €20,000 of bitcoin , i think in 2013 ( fecking huge amount of cash for Joe Soaps like myself ) and at Christmas it was worth 1.2 million euro . 
Now to cash  it he would have had to pay taxes of 400,000 in Ireland but said to hell with that as he flew out to Panama last Sunday for a year ( i think ) where he will get to keep it all . 
Great story everyone was so happy for him just like someone winning the lottery who you know . 

This story is not going to end well for your friend. By the time he manages to pull his cash out he’ll barely be able to afford the plane ticket home.
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 11:03pm

http://www.cityam.com/277415/spot-symptoms-stay-sane-and-run-bitcoin-bubble/amp?__twitter_impression=true

I read this article only today. Look at Symptom Number 3
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 11:17pm
Always hear a story of a lad who knows a lad who pulled a heap of money from bitcoin . The same lad who got this fortune is still the barman and still pulling pints and pulling the lads legs who believe him
Il Principe View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Il Principe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2018 at 1:20am
Originally posted by randyrandolph randyrandolph wrote:

Originally posted by Deane Deane wrote:

Probably a good time to invest

no it's not. it's really really not. i have been and will continuing to be urging people to avoid these things. Most people have absolute no idea what they are investing in. they are massive ponzi schemes and people should not be risking money they cant afford to lose.

sure if you have 10k to waste and fancy a punt it could go up 500% next year but it doesnt mean it's a good time to invest.

avoid.

doesn't cost 10k to invest, can play with v small cash.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2018 at 6:43am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

You know things aren't right when you go on football forums and receive investment advice from experts

Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2018 at 7:37am
Originally posted by Butch Butch wrote:

Always hear a story of a lad who knows a lad who pulled a heap of money from bitcoin . The same lad who got this fortune is still the barman and still pulling pints and pulling the lads legs who believe him
Yer I know but fair play to this lad at work as he has taken a year out as it's allowed where I work as he said " you know just in case things went pair shaped I would still have a job to come back to " then he winked at me .Big smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smile
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
whitesideOnside View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitesideOnside Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2018 at 12:34pm
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

http://www.cityam.com/277415/spot-symptoms-stay-sane-and-run-bitcoin-bubble/amp?__twitter_impression=true

I read this article only today. Look at Symptom Number 3
That article nails it. Lots of us have looked at it, and maybe even a bit enviously, but it is and always was seriously risky. And for everyone that has made an actual cashed out profit there has to be others who pay for it. 
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2018 at 1:56pm

I'd be verys surprised if he lost any money, but October/November/December were all superb returns on him selling out, or selling a portion of them at least.

But I like his stance of been in it for the long haul. Gaz's brother in law, the one in the family with a set of balls Clap Clap Clap
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2018 at 3:19pm

https://www.independent.ie/business/technology/bitcoin-plunge-ends-winklevoss-twins-brief-period-as-billionaires-36503360.html

Quote Still, the twins may not be too concerned. They intend to hold their Bitcoin for the long-term and expect it to “appreciate by 10 to 20 times its current value,” Cameron Winklevoss said in a 8 December interview with Bloomberg.

Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2018 at 3:51pm
WWN today "Children now demanding Communion money in Bitcoin" LOL
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2018 at 4:25pm
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2018 at 4:27pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

https://www.independent.ie/business/technology/bitcoin-plunge-ends-winklevoss-twins-brief-period-as-billionaires-36503360.html

Quote Still, the twins may not be too concerned. They intend to hold their Bitcoin for the long-term and expect it to “appreciate by 10 to 20 times its current value,” Cameron Winklevoss said in a 8 December interview with Bloomberg.

The Toff Twins have the 65m Zuckerburg gave them on top of their parents millions to ease the pain
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 22>
  Share Topic