You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bitcoin, Blockchain and Cryptocurrencies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 22>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2018 at 12:08pm
Originally posted by randyrandolph randyrandolph wrote:

sadly a lot of people with zero knowledge in financial matters have lost serious hard earned cash in bobcoin. some clowns even borrowed money to invest in it. im sure it has ruined people and their families.

this is why it is very dangerous for completely un-qualified people (many on here) to promote or talk up this dangerous investment (ponzy scheme). Talk of "inherent value" is complete rubbish. 

Note to clowns - If bobcoin drops another 70%, it will not become cheap!

A lot of ‘qualified’ people have lost a lot of money on this.
I’m sure a few hedge funds have gone under trading crypto currencies.

randyrandolph View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randyrandolph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2018 at 2:35pm
i'm sure they have and delighted for them. the problem is bitcoin & co however has heralded in a new wave of man on street investor/ bandwagon investor. thankfully it's gone quiet this year for some reason. the point is these totally unregulated investments shouldnt be available for punters on the street. instead it takes 2 seconds to open a wallet on your phone and you're away.

i had a mate at Christmas telling me that litecoin was going to go through the roof this year. couldn't lose. 100%. put your house on it. needless to say i didn't, it's down around 80% and he's lost a small fortune. he works in the banking trade so i have little sympathy for him but he was telling anyone and everyone who would have listened to him. 

the flashing red lights came for me when my old man said he had been "invited" to an investors meeting in a hotel (pub) to look at funding a new coin. Now my old man is a builder who has made a few quid over the years breaking his back but he should never be considered for a type of investment of this nature. problem is he, like most paddies, loves a good punt and being on the inside. thankfully for once he listened to me and avoided it.

anyway the bitcoin bulls are long gone from this thread. wonder what happened to that guy who had a mate that packed in his job to cash in his bobcoin in someone like panama to avoid tax?! would love to know how that story is going. 

Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2018 at 2:43pm
I see Venezuela's new currency is linked to a crypto-currency....
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2018 at 4:19pm

i'm sure they have and delighted for them. the problem is bitcoin & co however has heralded in a new wave of man on street investor/ bandwagon investor. thankfully it's gone quiet this year for some reason. the point is these totally unregulated investments shouldnt be available for punters on the street. instead it takes 2 seconds to open a wallet on your phone and you're away.

i had a mate at Christmas telling me that litecoin was going to go through the roof this year. couldn't lose. 100%. put your house on it. needless to say i didn't, it's down around 80% and he's lost a small fortune. he works in the banking trade so i have little sympathy for him but he was telling anyone and everyone who would have listened to him. 

the flashing red lights came for me when my old man said he had been "invited" to an investors meeting in a hotel (pub) to look at funding a new coin. Now my old man is a builder who has made a few quid over the years breaking his back but he should never be considered for a type of investment of this nature. problem is he, like most paddies, loves a good punt and being on the inside. thankfully for once he listened to me and avoided it.

anyway the bitcoin bulls are long gone from this thread. wonder what happened to that guy who had a mate that packed in his job to cash in his bobcoin in someone like panama to avoid tax?! would love to know how that story is going. 

Presumably if your man cashed in his Bitcoin at the time the poster told his story then he is rich and living on a sunny beach in Panama by now. 
El Puto Amo
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2018 at 4:30pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Fiat currencies aren't directly linked no but they tie in directly with the country and its policymakers to which they belong, you can use facts, stats and figures, as well as CB policies, statements and so on to judge a value and go from there. Centuries of use, 100% buy in from the public etc is why they work.

Yes, Bitcoin is linked to math and mining but so what? What's to stop 1,000 of these blockchain currenices?

It has no major public traction, it can't be used in the vast, vast amount of transactions and from what I can see has no practical use right now.

Until the gold standard was unilaterally abolished by Nixon in the 70s, there weren't really any 100% fiat currencies.... were there? Your economic history may be better than mine but I always thought complete fiat currencies only started after the unilateral withdrawal of the US from Bretton Woods.

Missed this at at the time, didn't mean it in the strictest sense of not being tied to silver, gold etc, more being tied to an actual country but was badly phrased.

Also know a few people who were mad for the different currencies, none lost much but still staggering how they bought in without any idea as to the underlying fundamentals.
TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2018 at 8:18pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Presumably if your man cashed in his Bitcoin at the time the poster told his story then he is rich and living on a sunny beach in Panama by now. 

He couldn't cash it in as he had to live in Panama for a full year first. As far as I remember he didn't pack in his job but took a leave of absence.

What about the other lad someones brother in law on here, who insisted on putting every cent of his life savings into Bitcoin and was in it for the long haul?

I'm sure neither of them can be feeling too chipper.

Edited by TonyNotJack - 20 Aug 2018 at 8:19pm
Il Principe View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Il Principe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2018 at 1:10am
This board is reflective of society in general, thinking that investing is quick and easy. 

Far from it, but those with patience will make a packet from crypto in the long run but its a 25 or 30 year investment imo.

Bitcoin will reach 100k at least once before then.

If not, i accept any abuse given in the early to mid 2040's Wink
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2018 at 7:01am
Originally posted by Il Principe Il Principe wrote:

This board is reflective of society in general, thinking that investing is quick and easy. 

Far from it, but those with patience will make a packet from crypto in the long run but its a 25 or 30 year investment imo.

What is the barrier to entry in this market Principe?
Why won’t TJs Bhobcoin be No1 next year ?
If it does kick off won’t Visa and MasterCard react and introduce their own coin?

When the airlines first went Public on the American stock exchange everybody thought they won the lotto and bought as much as possible as everybody was going to be flying in 20/30 years time. That was true but the competition was unreal and nobody became rich investing in an airline company.

Patience and long term investing is a smart move. 

Stating Bitcoin will reach 100k is hoping rather than any serious research or fact to back up that statement. 

Your probably too young to remember the dot.com Bubble.

9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2018 at 8:09am
I used Bitcoin last week to pay my IPTV sub. Clap

Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2018 at 8:43am
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randyrandolph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2018 at 9:20am

these throw away comments are incredibly stupid. the problem is some idiot will read it and believe it.

500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randyrandolph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2018 at 9:21am
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

i hope he has done well, honestly, but i'm not sure its that easy to "cash in" the chips. I am genuinely interested in knowing how the story went. 

lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2018 at 10:36am
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Il Principe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2018 at 12:12pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

If it does kick off won’t Visa and MasterCard react and introduce their own coin?

When the airlines first went Public on the American stock exchange everybody thought they won the lotto and bought as much as possible as everybody was going to be flying in 20/30 years time. That was true but the competition was unreal and nobody became rich investing in an airline company.

Stating Bitcoin will reach 100k is hoping rather than any serious research or fact to back up that statement. 

Fear is the only barrier in any investment Thumbs Up
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randyrandolph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2018 at 12:33pm

on the contrary. as warren buffet has said - be fearful when overs are greedy and greedy when others are fearful. 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2018 at 1:05pm
WHEN THE SHOESHINE BOYS TALK STOCKS IT WAS A GREAT SELL SIGNAL IN 1929. SO WHAT ARE THE SHOESHINE BOYS TALKING ABOUT NOW?
By JOHN ROTHCHILD
April 15, 1996

(FORTUNE Magazine) – JOE KENNEDY, a famous rich guy in his day, exited the stock market in timely fashion after a shoeshine boy gave him some stock tips. He figured that when the shoeshine boys have tips, the market is too popular for its own good. This was just before Black Tuesday.

As relevant today as it was back then.

When you have the average man on the street telling you to buy Bitcoin it’s definitely time to sell. 

Don’t be the last man left holding the bitcoin with nobody to sell to.

Edited by Zinedine Kilbane 110 - 21 Aug 2018 at 1:06pm

Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Il Principe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2018 at 2:32pm

on the contrary. as warren buffet has said - be fearful when overs are greedy and greedy when others are fearful. 

both involve fear Ermm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2018 at 2:55pm

both involve fear Ermm

I think you missed the point!

I don’t know you from Adam but would you be into gambling on horses etc to make money?

Edited by Zinedine Kilbane 110 - 21 Aug 2018 at 2:57pm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 22>
  Share Topic