You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bitcoin, Blockchain and Cryptocurrencies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 22>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 8:39pm
Also Bitcoin isn’t like having shares in a business, it’s a currency, a commodity. It’s limited in numbers & that’s why the price climbed so quickly.
I don’t have bitcoin but I have bought it to use to pay for a TV subscription (a real life use, shock horror)
I agree that it is overvalued at the minute but as a currency or a trading commodity it’s not going anywhere & will be more widely used in the future. I’d be more skeptical of lite coin & the others that came after.
Revolut using it & the ECB saying they’ve no plans on banning it has been the main factors in its growth in the last 7/10 days
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 8:46pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

It’s as simple as transferring money from a betting account to your bank account.

TJ, here’s a mad idea, actually look in bitcoin, do a bit of research. You’ll be amazed at what you learn & you won’t come across like a spanner.

And I don’t mean buy some.

I already did look into it briefly.  I wouldn't invest a cent into it.  Luckily for me I have enough cop on to know I am no financial investor yet even I can smell a rat.  There are some very smart people in the world out there laughing at the suckers investing in this and they will get rich while you lose your money.

The lads who invented it are anonymous. There's a red flag. There are governments cracking down on it. There's another.  People use it to sell drugs so they cant be tracked. Another red flag.  Its a massive bubble that people think they can become rich on.  It will never burst! This time it's different.

Just like random arseholes down the pub in 2007 telling me about their portfolios of properties and how smart investors they are this year its the  Bitcoin crazeand similar type of eejit.  Yer man with the portfolio of properties ended up out on hiss ear.
I was on the Liverpool FC forum lately just to look up something football related.  There is a load of people on there boasting about Bitcoin and Ethereum etc.. Everyone is an expert (or so they like to make out).

These are lads whose background wouldn't be in the financial world. Ordinary Joe Soaps. Plumbers, taxi drivers etc.. 

Please explain to me how I withdraw my 600,000 euro worth of Bitcoin.

Edited by Trap junior - 15 Feb 2018 at 8:48pm
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 8:54pm
Using coinbase as an example, you can instantly sell up to €100k of bitcoin in any 7 day period.
Your bitcoin is converted into your nominated currency, then transferred to whatever bank account you have connected to your coinbase account.
I’d imagine that takes 2/3 days much like any other transaction

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 9:00pm
http://forums.liverpoolfc.com/threads/363693-Crypto-Currency

Yer man says some wealthy friend told him to invest (sound familiar to the Celtic Tiger??)
That basically translates as ''I haven't a clue and follow advice blindly''.

He then goes onto say ''You would be a fool not to invest'' (sound familiar to the Celtic tiger bubble -Get on that property ladder!!LOL??)

He then tells us that the Winklevoss twins have invested and it will be worth a fortune.  How many 'experts 'told us that property would be worth a fortune in 2004 and to buy buy buy??

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 9:01pm

Using coinbase as an example, you can instantly sell up to €100k of bitcoin in any 7 day period.
Your bitcoin is converted into your nominated currency, then transferred to whatever bank account you have connected to your coinbase account.

Sell?  Who buys it?  You can't just convert to Euro?

Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 9:02pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Yer man says some wealthy friend told him to invest (sound familiar to the Celtic Tiger??)

He then goes onto say ''You would be a fool not to invest'' (sound familiar to the Celtic tiger bubble -Get on that property ladder!!LOL??)

He then tells us that the Winklevoss twins have invested and it will be worth a fortune.  How many 'experts 'told us that property would be worth a fortune in 2004 and to buy buy buy??

Reminds me of the Joe Kennedy quote prior to the Wall St crash in 1929 after being given a stock tip by a shoe shine boy

"You know it's time to sell when shoeshine boys give you stock tips. This bull market is over"

He sold up just before the crash
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 9:05pm

I’ve literally just explained to you how to convert it to euro

Why are you researching bitcoin via a Liverpool forum?

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 9:07pm
That post is from 2014

If you'd have of invested then, that investment would be worth a fair bit now.

It may become illegal or obsolete or whatever but early investors would have made a lot of money.

It's all about cashing out at the right time.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 9:12pm

Why are you researching bitcoin via a Liverpool forum?

You said you had to sell it.  Then you talked about converting it.  Clarify it.

No I looked it up via orthodox websites.  If you read I just said I came across the LFC forum on Bitcoin by accident when looking up football stuff.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 9:16pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Reminds me of the Joe Kennedy quote prior to the Wall St crash in 1929 after being given a stock tip by a shoe shine boy

"You know it's time to sell when shoeshine boys give you stock tips. This bull market is over"

He sold up just before the crash

Exactly. You have 9 fingers there a mechanic by trade and he's now a financial expert who sounds like he could give a seminar on cryptocurrency.  Why are peoples identity kept anonymous on it the Blockchain etc?  Its just shady.

9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 9:21pm
I certainly am not a financial expert, I’m commenting on this thread as otherwise it would be a lot of mistruths, dross and scaremongering from people who haven’t a clue what they’re on about.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 9:24pm

I certainly am not a financial expert, I’m commenting on this thread as otherwise it would be a lot of mistruths, dross and scaremongering from people who haven’t a clue what they’re on about.

So that makes two of us but only one of us is willing to admit it.  I stay away from things that even financial people struggle to understand.

Invest in it. No skin off my nose. I certainly won't be.

Il Principe View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Il Principe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 9:31pm

i also have it in coinbase linked to my bank account, its like any other online transaction.

as for the question who buys it Confused, there are buyers and sellers, millions of them, they only way you won't be able to sell is when then price is zero
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 9:33pm

So that makes two of us but only one of us is willing to admit it.  I stay away from things that even financial people struggle to understand.

So if you've no interest in it why are you obsessed with it?

Edited by bhob - 15 Feb 2018 at 9:34pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 9:36pm
Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

So if you've no interest in it why are you obsessed with it?

Bless.  I have an interest in it but won't be investing.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 9:46pm
Originally posted by Il Principe Il Principe wrote:

i also have it in coinbase linked to my bank account, its like any other online transaction.

as for the question who buys it Confused, there are buyers and sellers, millions of them, they only way you won't be able to sell is when then price is zero

So the only way to get euro back from your Bitcoin is to get some sucker to buy 100,000 worth of Bitcoin from you each week for 6 weeks?

Il Principe View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Il Principe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 9:53pm

So the only way to get euro back from your Bitcoin is to get some sucker to buy 100,000 worth of Bitcoin from you each week for 6 weeks?

you really don't know how the market works do you LOL
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 9:55pm

you really don't know how the market works do you LOL

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 22>
  Share Topic