You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

London Tower Block fire

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2017 at 12:35pm
Sprinklers are considerablly expensive to install as well to maintain

The money may be better spent having full fire detection coverage either fixed temperature heat detectors or rapid rise heat detectors to alleviate somebody burning toast and emptying the building

If everybody is out of the building the fire brigade don't give a monkeys about the property ( quite rightly )

Edited by Newryrep - 18 Jun 2017 at 12:37pm
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2017 at 6:49pm
Everyone who lived there is to get just £5500 to rebuild their lives from tomorrow.

Anyone know of any houses which cost around £5k in London? 5k doesnt even get you 6 months rent

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2017 at 7:02pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Everyone who lived there is to get just £5500 to rebuild their lives from tomorrow.

Anyone know of any houses which cost around £5k in London? 5k doesnt even get you 6 months rent

Rent in the tower was 2k a month for 2 beds.
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 9:14am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Shocked
They could afford 2k per month rent but wouldn't spend a fiver on a smoke alarm ?

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 9:16am
Don't think a smoke alarm would have helped many of them.

The fire spread from the 8th floor to the 18th in about 7 minutes.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 12:13pm
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Shocked
They could afford 2k per month rent but wouldn't spend a fiver on a smoke alarm ?

I know that is probably an attempt at humour but nobody said they could afford 2k, most people in London can't really afford their rent. It is a massive issue there.
As Bhob said, a smoke alarm would have been f**k all use to them.
daboi89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daboi89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2017 at 1:54pm
read on the paper on the tube this morning that several of the missing are now believed to be ok

and have not come to the authorities as they shouldnt have been in england in the first place

coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2017 at 1:56pm
Everyone should watch BBC's Panorama from last night. Only 30 mins long but up there with 1 of the best docs the BBC have put out, and they do great docs.

You'll be pretty horrified at some of the things they find, specifically Kensington Council.
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2017 at 2:13pm
Originally posted by daboi89 daboi89 wrote:

read on the paper on the tube this morning that several of the missing are now believed to be ok

and have not come to the authorities as they shouldnt have been in england in the first place

Were you reading the Daily Mail? Tongue
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2017 at 2:14pm
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

My money is on it being The Metro. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2017 at 2:40pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

My money is on it being The Metro. 
Same ****s.
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2017 at 3:12pm
So firefighters put out the fridge fire but never noticed it had spread to the exterior of the building because it wasn't​ expected to be made of materials that would ignite. Further, the telegraph report leaked government docs show minister after minister had been warned of the dangers of this type of cladding and time and time again they swatted it away. Scandalous!
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2017 at 3:21pm
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

So firefighters put out the fridge fire but never noticed it had spread to the exterior of the building because it wasn't​ expected to be made of materials that would ignite. Further, the telegraph report leaked government docs show minister after minister had been warned of the dangers of this type of cladding and time and time again they swatted it away. Scandalous!

Did you watch Panorama? The Greenfell Tower Group segment and the Kensington Council Leader were hard to watch. 

Furthermore, it's being revealed today that if survivors refuse to move to other parts of the country then they will be classed as 'Intentionally homeless' which in the law states the council don't need to assist them if they have that status. Dead
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2017 at 1:36pm
That Paget-Brown is some ****, a complete disgrace.
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2017 at 2:19pm

I have more respect for Mr. Paget-Brown than I do for other Tories. 

He's an utter, utter coont of a man but at least he's honest and up front about it. He's authentic. You know what you're dealing with. 

Whereas the rest of the Tories are exactly the same as he is but they try to hide it.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2017 at 3:17pm
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

He's an utter, utter coont of a man but at least he's honest and up front about it. He's authentic. You know what you're dealing with. 

Whereas the rest of the Tories are exactly the same as he is but they try to hide it.
I can empathise with that, a bit like Rees-Mogg.
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2017 at 3:19pm

I like the line on, i think it was Have I Got News For You - He looks like a childs drawing of what a Tory should look like.
@AntrimMan85
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2017 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by AntrimMan AntrimMan wrote:

I like the line on, i think it was Have I Got News For You - He looks like a childs drawing of what a Tory should look like.
Yeah, that was a cracker and incredibly accurate. He has become great friends in Westminster with Mhairí Black, which must be the most bizarre friendship since the Jungle Book.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
  Share Topic