You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

LOI in Europe 2017

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2223242526>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adineen98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2017 at 8:50pm
Fair play to Dundalk, it just wasn't happening tonight

2 clubs left now, hopefully ourselves and Shamrock Rovers will still be in Europe tomorrow night
Sponsored Links

Tribesman91 View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tribesman91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2017 at 9:00pm
Originally posted by GUFC_Andy GUFC_Andy wrote:

If Stephen Kenny didn't take most of the Europa League money for himself they could've bought a better keeper

How much did he take??
AnCearrbhach View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2017 at 9:03pm
Strange substitutions, very poor team on the pitch when they needed a goal. Three best players taken off. Can see argument for two holding midfielders and I know Duffy had a knock but mountney should have been taken off. Likewise mc millan.
Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2017 at 9:48pm
Originally posted by adineen98 adineen98 wrote:

2 clubs left now, hopefully ourselves and Shamrock Rovers will still be in Europe tomorrow night

Dundalk into Europa or gone gone ?
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2017 at 9:51pm
Originally posted by Butch Butch wrote:

Gone.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2017 at 9:57pm
Originally posted by Tribesman91 Tribesman91 wrote:

If Stephen Kenny didn't take most of the Europa League money for himself they could've bought a better keeper

How much did he take??
careful now
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2017 at 10:00pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Gone.

Cheers
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2017 at 10:02pm
Originally posted by Tribesman91 Tribesman91 wrote:

How much did he take??
All of it, every single penny.

A little bit of sloppiness at both ends was the problem really, but that Rosenborg team was full of internationals and looked incredibly poor at times, especially the first half. They probably deserved to shade it in the end.
Rodgers was poor for the first goal and Gannon and Gartland were poor overall, I agree that the substitutions were a little strange too.
dannynorth View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dannynorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2017 at 10:18pm
Not many Full internationals , Bendtner ? Gersbach on the bench? , poor team Celtic will make bits of them. Dundalk ran out of gas too early , also they need to get rid of Rodgers ,liability he's useless at that level cost them a couple of times last season in Europe
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2017 at 10:32pm
Originally posted by dannynorth dannynorth wrote:

Not many Full internationals , Bendtner ? Gersbach on the bench? , poor team Celtic will make bits of them. Dundalk ran out of gas too early , also they need to get rid of Rodgers ,liability he's useless at that level cost them a couple of times last season in Europe
9 of the starting eleven have full international caps for Denmark and Norway and at least 3 of the subs for Iceland, Australia and Kosovo.

I agree that Celtic should beat them easily though.

Edited by pre Madonna - 19 Jul 2017 at 10:33pm
vegard View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vegard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2017 at 10:56pm
If by full international you mean competitive matches only, that would make it four in the starting XI (Hedenstad, Reginiussen, Skjelvik and Bendtner), three on the bench (Bjørdal, Gersbach and Vilhjálmsson) and the injured Helland. I also agree that Celtic should beat us easily, but it's so much more comfortable being underdogs.
TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2017 at 1:37am
Vemmelund was excellent. Looked like he should be playing at a higher level.

Doing random googling of him when he was asked what he would miss about Derry after leaving them he said with a smile "it's a nice place but nothing really." Apparently he was upset that Derry didn't set up his girlfriend with a job and having to play Longford Town in front of 50 men and a random dog.

Crazy Danish guys.

Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2017 at 9:10am

Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Gone.

Cheers

I believe if they won this tie it was as follows:

Win next tie go into the Champ league play-off. At least G'tee a EL spot. 
Lose next tie and they go into a play-off for a EL spot.

smart man View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la
Not so.......

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smart man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2017 at 9:51am
Long season for dundalk now. No European games chasing cork with no chance of clawing back that huge lead. Ok they still have the fai cup and league cup. Does any one feel that it could be the beginning of the end for this team with players and maybe manager looking elsewhere.
alive and kicking
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2017 at 10:39am
Originally posted by smart man smart man wrote:

Long season for dundalk now. No European games chasing cork with no chance of clawing back that huge lead. Ok they still have the fai cup and league cup. Does any one feel that it could be the beginning of the end for this team with players and maybe manager looking elsewhere.

I'd be more worried about the manager leaving. Players not so much.

What happened to Dundalk recently (losing their best players) is happening to Cork now.
As you say, still in both cups so lots to play for this season.

Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2017 at 11:11am
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

What happened to Dundalk recently (losing their best players) is happening to Cork now.
As you say, still in both cups so lots to play for this season.
And the Rovers team six years ago that was supposed to dominate for a decade.

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2017 at 11:39am
You'd have thought last year's Dundalk team with Boyle, Horgan and Finnish would have won that tie.

They'll be frustrated but you have to credit Kenny for the way they still try and play football. They do need a new keeper and a better centre half. Dunno what the Dundalk fans who see then week in and week out think but the couple of times I've seen Barret I've been impressed with him. Gartand I'm afraid isn't up to this level, despite the goal he got yesterday
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
whitesideOnside View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitesideOnside Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2017 at 1:47pm
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

You'd have thought last year's Dundalk team with Boyle, Horgan and Finnish would have won that tie.

They'll be frustrated but you have to credit Kenny for the way they still try and play football. They do need a new keeper and a better centre half. Dunno what the Dundalk fans who see then week in and week out think but the couple of times I've seen Barret I've been impressed with him. Gartand I'm afraid isn't up to this level, despite the goal he got yesterday

Having seen Barrett quite a bit in Galway and a few times since, I would say he isn't the solution at that level. Decent at LOI level but would be exposed by quicker players. He's cumbersome on the turn. Dundalk fans would know better if he's improving though.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2223242526>
  Share Topic