You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Georgia v Ireland - 2 September

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4142434445 47>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2017 at 9:56am
Originally posted by planning planning wrote:

Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Long ball in 30 degree heat. One of the all time bad performances

As said before, it was no different the last time we were in Tbilisi, but we got the win so everyone forgot about it on the booze cruise in Bordeaux.

Even the last game against Austria, people were cheering the long ball hoof, saying what a great prudent tactic it was to have, because it got us the point.

We're 4 years on from Trap getting fired in Vienna airport, when everything was going to be all change and rosy in the garden afterwards. Since then, we have won 4 qualifiers away from home, whereas teams like Georgia were put away, home and away, before he showed up. Even Kerr managed to deal with them.
what ? Like Kazakhstan and Put away , like how we robbed Georgia in Croker and barely beat them in Mainz...
O'Neill first manager in 30 years to win an away game against higher ranked oppposition.
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
Sponsored Links

9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2017 at 10:04am
Originally posted by Citizen Citizen wrote:

Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Best fans in the world my bollix, try getting behind the team. Self entitled idiots booing because the money they paid, get a grip ffs. The team does not owe you anything, and no one forced you to go to Georgia, ypu would have been better staying at home if that is the sort of sh*te you're at. I lost out on a house because I went to Georgia, ffs I've heard it all now.

Talk about over the top reactions. Poor performance, but we are still in a good position in the group. Get behind the team when they need you. Save your outrage until we can't qualify. Lads calling for O'Neills head. Short f**king memories

It's not just one poor performance either, there's a pattern there and that performance has been coming for a while. You'd have been screaming blue murder if a Trap team put in a performance like that.

Exactly. It's not just 1 performance. We've been generally sh*te with a decent bit of luck thrown in and the odd good performance.
This campaign alone has been a mess

Serbia away, 2-2 draw with a late equaliser. 90 passes completed. Putrid stuff

Georgia home 1-0 win. Very lucky goal from Coleman, poor performance

Moldova away 3-1 win. Decent enough against the worst side in the group

Austria away 1-0 win. Great result, thankfully Austria were poor, a draw would've been fair

Wales home 0-0 draw. Poor from both sides

Austria home 1-1. Austria unlucky not to get the win. Had the measure of us from the first minute

Georgia away 1-1 draw. Completely outplayed & out thought. Thankfully their keeper had a brain fart in min 3. We deserved nothing. 150 passes completed. Long ball in 30 degree heat. One of the all time bad performances

still undefeated in the group though. For a team the size of Ireland booing a team that is unbeaten is ridiculous tbh. we win on Tuesday we are top of the group.

Thankfully our rivals have been as inept as ourselves but Grand yeah, We'll ignore the performances so
don't ignore them. But booing the team and giving them the finger roaring abuse is not the same as analysing and criticising performances. Especially a team that is undefeated. That Georgian team beat Scotland there, they also drew with Spain and France there, so forgive me if I think the outrage is a little over the top.

I haven't once mentioned NVidic or other fans behaviour (that's another argument & im sure he'll ban himself from the forum for behaviour unbecoming of an Irish fan)
I'm analysing our performances under O Neill in this campaign.
Football is a results business was a great mantra of Trap, it's funny to see it rubbed off on so many fans unknowingly
scottyccfc View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottyccfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2017 at 10:11am
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Originally posted by YouGirlsInGreen YouGirlsInGreen wrote:

Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

f**king pathetic comments from some on here
+1. Some absolute dickheads on this forum.

Lads, can you blame some of the comments? Lads are emotionally/financially/personally invested in the team. That was pure and utter sh*te and it's all too common.

Can't wait for Tuesday when I've to arrange my professional and personal life to watch more of that dross.

Ps, MON is again being incredibly disrespectful to TOD here who has a right to ask the questions

No problem with the team being criticised. Do have a problem with some of the words like Treason being used and false comparisons being made to Liechtenstein in 1995

Posts coming in thick and fast so missed the "treason" post and/or similar.

Hope the travelling support have the best night of their lives because they f**king deserve it.
I don't mean to get personal but I'm sick and tired of comments like "I stopped watching at HT" and "why bother showing up next week". Yes, we were muck tonight and I'm extremely frustrated but Tuesday night we go again.

Agree. We were absolute muck, shocking, terrible etc etc. I was at the game tonight and it's definitely up there with the worst performance. But not close to the unbelievable spectacle at full time when the team walked towards the crowd clapping and 3 lads at fromy of crowd started booing sticking their fingers up and calling them all c**ts. When we objected we were told lads had paid their money and deserved to give their opinion. Never in all my years going have I been so ashamed. Absolutely disgraceful. I'm unbelievably disappointed but if I ever see that s**t again I'll knock them out.

To Tuesday.. and we go again.

Two sided to every story. That was me.

There was sizable boos from the crowd, not just me. I call nobody a **** but yeah in the heat of the moment I threw a few fingers. What can I say, we were awful, I paid a huge financial and personal amount on the line to get there, missing out on a house I wanted to buy to go, missing out on am old family member home from America to go. I expected them to at least try. Frustration boiled over and I shouldn't have reacted that way. So be it.

I'd three people in my face within seconds telling me to f**k off home, nothing else, no attempt at reasoning, no attempt to just tell me to cop on, nothing, pure vitriol was all

I apologised and asked what your friend wanted me to do after apologising and all he did was keep telling me to f**k off.

Do you think that was the best way to handle it from you end from you and the two others? Have you ever done something in the heat of the moment and regret it? Congrats if you haven't but you'd be the only person in the world.

In all of this someone pushed a disabled fan onto the ground, no attempt to pick him up or help him. No mention of that from you.

What do you think you achieved with all this? What would knocking me out do?  

Edit - just to add, I never once said about the money, the lads did when they came in after our disabled mate was pushed the the ground. I was just repeatedly told to f**k off, to get the f**k out and general other threats from yourself and two others.

No dialogue and no 'objections' other than being roared at to f**k off etc. You were all right in my face with all this. No need for it.
You went to the game, you are fully entitled to say what you feel after a shocking performance like that, this is football, you were hardly climbing the walls to get at them. Never apologise for being a passionate supporter, those players were an absolute disgrace and deserved a good bollocking. Anyone who squared upto you for that should ashamed of themselves. Scumbags!

Edited by scottyccfc - 04 Sep 2017 at 10:12am
Hometown football, cant beat the feeling...
manchesterbhoy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manchesterbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2017 at 10:14am
so much for the epl being the best league in the world when in fact its crippling us when we dont have 1 or 2 at the top teams, 

this group of lads either dont know or possibly too scared to go on and win games from a position of strength, or is the manager keeping them negative?

in Serbia when 1 up we should have closed things out but didnt and got lucky

our players have a mentality that they are always playing backs to the wall football and potentially dont know how to be positive

pains me to say it, scotland went to lithuania - a fairly similar ranked team to georgia, 5 celtic players in the sqaud who know how to win - yes the standard is lower in the SPFL but a winning habit is worth its weight in gold, had we been in the same position at the weekend would we have won?

meyler's absence also a mystery, he got us up the park in moldova what we needed on saturday, whelan is done and leaving him with 3 more attack minded midfielders was suicide

saturday was the worst i have witnessed in person, if we dont qualify from a position of strength time MON had a look at his position 

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2017 at 10:18am
What happened lads. Was there agro at the game or was that just the beer in Georgia. That was Argo
AKA pedantic kunt
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2017 at 10:22am
Originally posted by manchesterbhoy manchesterbhoy wrote:

so much for the epl being the best league in the world when in fact its crippling us when we dont have 1 or 2 at the top teams, 

this group of lads either dont know or possibly too scared to go on and win games from a position of strength, or is the manager keeping them negative?

our players have a mentality that they are always playing backs to the wall football and potentially dont know how to be positive

pains me to say it, scotland went to lithuania - a fairly similar ranked team to georgia, 5 celtic players in the sqaud who know how to win - yes the standard is lower in the SPFL but a winning habit is worth its weight in gold, had we been in the same position at the weekend would we have won?

meyler's absence also a mystery, he got us up the park in moldova what we needed on saturday, whelan is done and leaving him with 3 more attack minded midfielders was suicide

saturday was the worst i have witnessed in person, if we dont qualify from a position of strength time MON had a look at his position 

Come on I know a load of Scottish fans who would have given their left testicle to have been in our position over the last 20 years and would still swap places with us. Can't take one weekends results and compare.    I said it on another thread as bad as our performances have been under trap and o Neill we could easily be in the Scottish position over that time. And I would not be surprised if we are in the next few campaigns. Are players are average at best and o Neill doesn't let them play. Sometimes it produces good results and sometimes like sat night it produces rubbish ones. More often than not it produces terrible performances too. Nothing has changed in that regard from trap other than we sometimes produce a big result I.e. Germany Italy etc.
AKA pedantic kunt
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2017 at 10:29am
Originally posted by kearney304 kearney304 wrote:

Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

still undefeated in the group though. For a team the size of Ireland booing a team that is unbeaten is ridiculous tbh. we win on Tuesday we are top of the group.
Seriously would ya fcukin cop on.

What's the population of Georgia who played 'little' Ireland off the park ?

Wales ?
Georgia - 10 million 
LOLLOL
The Country NOT the US State
LOLLOL
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2017 at 10:31am

Wales ?

Georgia - 10 million 

LOLLOL
LOLLOL

kearney304 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2017 at 10:31am

Wales ?
Georgia - 10 million 
LOLLOL
LOLLOL

LOL was a quick search 
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2017 at 10:32am

Wales ?

Georgia - 10 million 

LOLLOL
LOLLOL
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2017 at 10:36am
The stuff about estate agents and houses and sacrifice etc is rubbish. It's a pleasure travelling the world supporting your team and country. If you can't afford to go, don't go simple as that. Don't expect pats on the back or the team to play different because you have forgone a house.

To think the team didn't try is madness. They did try but the game plan of conserving energy and sitting deep was flawed. We didn't press high as o Neill was factoring in the heat. A flawed tactic.   But to think the players didn't try is rubbish.

I hate the aspect of Irish fan that falls about supporting the team as some kind of hardship or pilgrimage it's a bloody holiday where you watch your country play and you cheer them on. End of. Not some sacrifice FFS.
AKA pedantic kunt
Cathalthesmart View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cathalthesmart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2017 at 10:39am
I personally think its a miracle that we are still unbeaten and still in with a good shot at qualifying (If we don't win tomorrow we are back the typical irish thing of hoping other team's help us qualify). Despite all this some of the performance's are worse than anything seen under Trap, Serbia away shocking, Georgia at home shocking, Austria at home shocking, Georgia away beyond shocking. Ive been a supporter of MON through his tenure but if we underperform and don't win tomorrow I'm afraid that is the last straw for me.
Hi Lads
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2017 at 10:41am
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Why were you apologising. You should have told those other guys to fcuk off. No offense but you must be mad to mias out on a house to go to georgia. You could have just watched it on tv.

I wasn't to know I was missing out when I went, will find a better one, so be it.

I do apologise for throwing the fingers but not for booing.

I didn't deserve the aggression that came towards. Me, why I got that but the players didn't I don't know. Why someone felt it okay to threaten me repeatedly I don't know. Why someone thought it only to push over a disabled fan and not help them up to have a cut at me know I don't know.

Hopefully YGIG can clear that all up.

Look at it another way by no going to Russia Martin o Neill will save you a fortune. So maybe send him a cheque to say thank you from your new big house :))
AKA pedantic kunt
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2017 at 10:43am

Its not the best league in the world, nor do many seriously think it is any more, but i was thinking of this at the weekend.
There is no EPL clubs who play the way we did on Saturday, unable to keep the ball for more than 10 seconds or string more than 2 passes together.

I just think that for whatever reason, footballers from this area of the globe are technically inferior to most other parts, and that includes England, Scotland etc.
Slovakia will be better technically than England tonight I would say.

We have one player in our squad it seems who is technically blessed to be capable of playing possession keeping football, and he's been in the championship for the past few years.

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 04 Sep 2017 at 10:47am
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2017 at 10:48am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

The stuff about estate agents and houses and sacrifice etc is rubbish. It's a pleasure travelling the world supporting your team and country. If you can't afford to go, don't go simple as that. Don't expect pats on the back or the team to play different because you have forgone a house.

To think the team didn't try is madness. They did try but the game plan of conserving energy and sitting deep was flawed. We didn't press high as o Neill was factoring in the heat. A flawed tactic.   But to think the players didn't try is rubbish.

I hate the aspect of Irish fan that falls about supporting the team as some kind of hardship or pilgrimage it's a bloody holiday where you watch your country play and you cheer them on. End of. Not some sacrifice FFS.

I can afford to go, I missed out as the agent closed with another bidder as they couldn't get through to me as roaming was turned off. 

My point was frustration boiled over after numerous things and I was explaining why.

Edited by nvidic - 04 Sep 2017 at 10:49am
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manchesterbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2017 at 10:48am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Come on I know a load of Scottish fans who would have given their left testicle to have been in our position over the last 20 years and would still swap places with us. Can't take one weekends results and compare.    I said it on another thread as bad as our performances have been under trap and o Neill we could easily be in the Scottish position over that time. And I would not be surprised if we are in the next few campaigns. Are players are average at best and o Neill doesn't let them play. Sometimes it produces good results and sometimes like sat night it produces rubbish ones. More often than not it produces terrible performances too. Nothing has changed in that regard from trap other than we sometimes produce a big result I.e. Germany Italy etc.

compare the 2 results v lithuania? and the teams, thats the point i am trying to get to 
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manchesterbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2017 at 10:52am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Its not the best league in the world, nor do many seriously think it is any more, but i was thinking of this at the weekend.
There is no EPL clubs who play the way we did on Saturday, unable to keep the ball for more than 10 seconds or string more than 2 passes together.

I just think that for whatever reason, footballers from this area of the globe are technically inferior to most other parts, and that includes England, Scotland etc.
Slovakia will be better technically than England tonight I would say.

We have one player in our squad it seems who is technically blessed to be capable of playing possession keeping football, and he's been in the championship for the past few years.

3 of our back 4 play backs to the wall football, the 4th is lucky to get a game in the championship 

asking a 35 year old whelan on his own to stem the tide the other night was a ludicrous call 

the cracks are there, i dont see us anywhere near russia next year at this rate 
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2017 at 10:52am
That's just one weekend's results that your comparing there.
Ireland have had better results than Scotland in the past couple of years

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4142434445 47>
  Share Topic