You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Georgia v Ireland - 2 September

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4041424344 47>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2017 at 1:36am
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Originally posted by Citizen Citizen wrote:

Best fans in the world my bollix, try getting behind the team. Self entitled idiots booing because the money they paid, get a grip ffs. The team does not owe you anything, and no one forced you to go to Georgia, ypu would have been better staying at home if that is the sort of sh*te you're at. I lost out on a house because I went to Georgia, ffs I've heard it all now.

Talk about over the top reactions. Poor performance, but we are still in a good position in the group. Get behind the team when they need you. Save your outrage until we can't qualify. Lads calling for O'Neills head. Short f**king memories

Ring my estate agent there in Dundrum if you want - Lisney's, the gaf is in Broadford.

They do owe me something - to try, people sacrifice a lot to go to these games, the least we are owed is effort.

What use is clapping the team after that? All it says is we're happy with absolute muck and they don't have to do anything to earn our plaudits. Roy Keane said it himself - do you think he'd want the lads clapped off after that?

If you performed that badly in your job, would you expect your manager and customers to say no bother and give you a pat on the back? I'd be giving a written warning if I was that sh*te.

They're professionals on five figure wages a week, a few people booing them won't make a difference and should hopefullns bey give them a kick up the arse.
ring up your estate agent and ask if Martin O'Neill is responsible for you not getting your dream house ?

You think they didn't try? Really ? They were ragball rovers but they still tried their best.

Had about 5 or 6 bad performances at once and a bad day at the office for O'Neill, but I honestly think that booing a team who brought us a good 18 months and are undefeated in the group is an absolute disgrace. Lads drinking and having the craic and in a nice city playing the martyr card. Sorry not having it. FYI I'm in Tbilisi myself

Edited by Citizen - 04 Sep 2017 at 1:38am
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
Sponsored Links

coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2017 at 2:53am

Best fans in the world my bollix, try getting behind the team. Self entitled idiots booing because the money they paid, get a grip ffs. The team does not owe you anything, and no one forced you to go to Georgia, ypu would have been better staying at home if that is the sort of sh*te you're at. I lost out on a house because I went to Georgia, ffs I've heard it all now.

Talk about over the top reactions. Poor performance, but we are still in a good position in the group. Get behind the team when they need you. Save your outrage until we can't qualify. Lads calling for O'Neills head. Short f**king memories

Ring my estate agent there in Dundrum if you want - Lisney's, the gaf is in Broadford.

They do owe me something - to try, people sacrifice a lot to go to these games, the least we are owed is effort.

What use is clapping the team after that? All it says is we're happy with absolute muck and they don't have to do anything to earn our plaudits. Roy Keane said it himself - do you think he'd want the lads clapped off after that?

If you performed that badly in your job, would you expect your manager and customers to say no bother and give you a pat on the back? I'd be giving a written warning if I was that sh*te.

They're professionals on five figure wages a week, a few people booing them won't make a difference and should hopefullns bey give them a kick up the arse.
ring up your estate agent and ask if Martin O'Neill is responsible for you not getting your dream house ?

You think they didn't try? Really ? They were ragball rovers but they still tried their best.

Had about 5 or 6 bad performances at once and a bad day at the office for O'Neill, but I honestly think that booing a team who brought us a good 18 months and are undefeated in the group is an absolute disgrace. Lads drinking and having the craic and in a nice city playing the martyr card. Sorry not having it. FYI I'm in Tbilisi myself

LOL

Laughing aside, You're badly in the wrong here. It doesn't matter if you paid €40, €400 or €4000, you're still a paying customer, if you're unsatisfied with what you saw you're allowed to voice it. That's how football works has worked for about a century now I'm afraid.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2017 at 6:35am
Originally posted by dubstep dubstep wrote:

If Georgia had a decent striker they would qualify for tournaments. A decent side by all accounts. Should of beat Serbia at home aswel .

No.
They haven't won a game yet in this average group.
One player is not going to change that.

Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2017 at 7:23am
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

LOL

Laughing aside, You're badly in the wrong here. It doesn't matter if you paid €40, €400 or €4000, you're still a paying customer, if you're unsatisfied with what you saw you're allowed to voice it. That's how football works has worked for about a century now I'm afraid.
so it's down to being an unhappy customer. Says it all tbh.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
TheFieldsOfAthenry View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheFieldsOfAthenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2017 at 8:05am
Not saying that the team should be booed off or anything like that but it's fair to say our players get away with a lot more than most NT would.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2017 at 8:12am
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

It's not just one poor performance either, there's a pattern there and that performance has been coming for a while. You'd have been screaming blue murder if a Trap team put in a performance like that.

Exactly. It's not just 1 performance. We've been generally sh*te with a decent bit of luck thrown in and the odd good performance.
This campaign alone has been a mess

Serbia away, 2-2 draw with a late equaliser. 90 passes completed. Putrid stuff

Georgia home 1-0 win. Very lucky goal from Coleman, poor performance

Moldova away 3-1 win. Decent enough against the worst side in the group

Austria away 1-0 win. Great result, thankfully Austria were poor, a draw would've been fair

Wales home 0-0 draw. Poor from both sides

Austria home 1-1. Austria unlucky not to get the win. Had the measure of us from the first minute

Georgia away 1-1 draw. Completely outplayed & out thought. Thankfully their keeper had a brain fart in min 3. We deserved nothing. 150 passes completed. Long ball in 30 degree heat. One of the all time bad performances

nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2017 at 8:29am

You said you'd heard it all, calling me a spoofer effectively, wasn't having that.

If that's trying their best then I despair. If that performance was worthy of applause then I despair even more. Applause means nothing if it's done without merit and automatically. A few boos might help light the fire under their arses.
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2017 at 8:44am
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

It's not just one poor performance either, there's a pattern there and that performance has been coming for a while. You'd have been screaming blue murder if a Trap team put in a performance like that.

Exactly. It's not just 1 performance. We've been generally sh*te with a decent bit of luck thrown in and the odd good performance.

Austria away 1-0 win. Great result, thankfully Austria were poor, a draw would've been fair

Austria home 1-1. Austria unlucky not to get the win. Had the measure of us from the first minute

Georgia away 1-1 draw. Completely outplayed & out thought. Thankfully their keeper had a brain fart in min 3. We deserved nothing. 150 passes completed. Long ball in 30 degree heat. One of the all time bad performances

still undefeated in the group though. For a team the size of Ireland booing a team that is unbeaten is ridiculous tbh. we win on Tuesday we are top of the group.

Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2017 at 8:48am

still undefeated in the group though. For a team the size of Ireland booing a team that is unbeaten is ridiculous tbh. we win on Tuesday we are top of the group.
Seriously would ya fcukin cop on.

What's the population of Georgia who played 'little' Ireland off the park ?

Wales ?

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2017 at 8:51am

Long ball in 30 degree heat. One of the all time bad performances

As said before, it was no different the last time we were in Tbilisi, but we got the win so everyone forgot about it on the booze cruise in Bordeaux.

Even the last game against Austria, people were cheering the long ball hoof, saying what a great prudent tactic it was to have, because it got us the point.

We're 4 years on from Trap getting fired in Vienna airport, when everything was going to be all change and rosy in the garden afterwards. Since then, we have won 4 qualifiers away from home, whereas teams like Georgia were put away, home and away, before he showed up. Even Kerr managed to deal with them.
VAR: Cutting the crap out of football.
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2017 at 8:52am

Easy to forget that actually. Despite the result on Saturday it's fair to say that anything is possible tomorrow.
Hopefully the Georgian game provokes a reaction from both players and the management.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
El_nino View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Santa Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote El_nino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2017 at 9:01am
Wouldn't boo myself (understand why lads would though) but certainly wouldn't be applauding them off the pitch in Tbilisi after watching that sh*te. The performance was atrocious. Absolutely inexcusable sh*te and it has been coming. We have been putrid this campaign and somehow managed to find ourselves in an excellent position but have now pretty much thrown that away.

The campaign as a whole is beginning to resemble Traps last campaign. Yes we are unbeaten and we are so lucky to be in that position. We didn't deserve a point on Saturday night.

We go again on tomorrow night but I can't see for the life of me is lifting our performance that much to beat Serbia. Serbia I believe are no great shakes however if we allow them to play football the way we seem to allow everyone else to they will pass us off the park.

I will always have hope so long as we are still in the mix however that performance on Saturday night has seen my hope diminish quite rapidly.

As for MONs post match interview on RTÉ. I only seen it yesterday when I arrived back from Tbilisi but he is completely out of order. TOD is 100% justified in his questioning.

Edited by El_nino - 04 Sep 2017 at 9:06am
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2017 at 9:09am
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Easy to forget that actually. Despite the result on Saturday it's fair to say that anything is possible tomorrow.
Hopefully the Georgian game provokes a reaction from both players and the management.

Very true, I can't see us playing as badly against Serbia. I'm optimistic that we'll win and then they'll be the whole why couldn't we have played like that in Georgia moaners.

There is still 3 matches left to go, I honestly feel 7 points will be enough to qualify as I can see Georgia giving the Welsh a game in Tbilisi, Austria despite the loss to Wales can still qualify so with 3 wins so they aren't out of it yet.

I even think Wales could slip up in Moldova.

kearney304 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2017 at 9:16am
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Seriously would ya fcukin cop on.

What's the population of Georgia who played 'little' Ireland off the park ?

Wales ?

Georgia - 10 million 

Wales - 3 million 

GB 1HughJarse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2017 at 9:22am
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Originally posted by dubstep dubstep wrote:

If Georgia had a decent striker they would qualify for tournaments. A decent side by all accounts. Should of beat Serbia at home aswel .

No.
They haven't won a game yet in this average group.
One player is not going to change that.

Bale did it exactly that for Wales in qualification for Euro 2016.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2017 at 9:33am

Thankfully our rivals have been as inept as ourselves but Grand yeah, We'll ignore the performances so
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2017 at 9:50am

Thankfully our rivals have been as inept as ourselves but Grand yeah, We'll ignore the performances so
don't ignore them. But booing the team and giving them the finger roaring abuse is not the same as analysing and criticising performances. Especially a team that is undefeated. That Georgian team beat Scotland there, they also drew with Spain and France there, so forgive me if I think the outrage is a little over the top.

seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2017 at 9:55am

don't ignore them. But booing the team and giving them the finger roaring abuse is not the same as analysing and criticising performances. Especially a team that is undefeated. That Georgian team beat Scotland there, they also drew with Spain and France there, so forgive me if I think the outrage is a little over the top.

I think more people are annoyed at the performance and tactics rather than the result. Georgia aren't a bad team but the way we played on Saturday made them out to be far far better than they are. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4041424344 47>
  Share Topic