You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Georgia v Ireland - 2 September

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3738394041 47>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 12:06pm
Agree with most that a clear out is needed. For Serbia game I'd actually go as far as leaving Brady, Arter out as well as Whelan out. Bring in the likes of Hourihane, Wes, etc..
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Sponsored Links

doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 12:07pm
Lads even san marino and lumembourg can play a bit. How the fcuk can we not string 2 good passes together. Id safely say we are the worse team in international football with the ball.
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 12:09pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Lads even san marino and lumembourg can play a bit. How the fcuk can we not string 2 good passes together. Id safely say we are the worse team in international football with the ball.
San Marino can't string two passes together. I watched them on Friday night.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 12:13pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

San Marino can't string two passes together. I watched them on Friday night.

We can string 3, have that San Marino!
Stickittotheman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 12:14pm
Originally posted by d13dave d13dave wrote:

All well and good but what on earth was stopping them being fired up yesterday?

We are only capable of playing well when we dig ourselves a hole either within a game or on the back of a poor performance. 

Says a lot about the attitude of the manager who has them playing like they are in a straight jacket for almost every game despite talking too much

I am not a football snob and find teams passing the ball in circles going nowhere utterly boring but we are not even playing good direct football.

I agree. Was a shameful performance yesterday, our passivenes was shocking to watch. But we still could have won. We need a big performance on tuesday night now and no excuses. The time for that is over.
Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 12:16pm
When i hear our team and management talking about must win games i know were in trouble.
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 12:18pm

When i hear our team and management talking about must win games i know were in trouble.
Italy last year was a must win game......
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
PaulB View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 12:23pm
brutal display the only positives. Cyrus and James mcclean bar that we where sh*t also it's still in our hands. we where disjointed and looked outclassed in large parts of the game.
d13dave View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d13dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 12:26pm
We live in hope but hard evidence would suggest a draw is what we will get and probably set out to get to hang in there for the play offs. Serbia are a half decent side but it we play like the away team sit deep and watch them play from the start i will lose it. 

We have been atrocious as an attacking force at home this campaign. Surely it changes on Tuesday, whether its enough to win i am not sure. 

The best players on the pitch yesterday plied their trade at Tobol and Esbjerg. Let that sink in.

Cathalthesmart View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cathalthesmart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 12:40pm
This team needs an Italian June 18th cull if we are to prevail Tuesday, is there any chance of McCarthy being fit? He has been involved in all our big performance's under O'Neill. I would settle for a Hoolahan-Arter midfield and I feel that will get the best out of him.
Hi Lads
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 12:45pm
Don't see how we can suddenly "lift" it on Tuesday. Why couldn't we f**king do it last night? We have been poor for most of this campaign when you look at previous games. Should have stuck the knife into Wales,now look where they are.
No evidence to suggest we will beat Serbia or Wales
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
belt View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Fantasy Football Champion 17/18

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 1:48pm
Has it been mentioned yet that Horgan was left out of the matchday squad yesterday so we could have 2 goalkeepers on the bench?

Not saying he should have been brought on or would have changed things but that is madness.....why is David Forde the only gk MON isn't afraid of upsetting?
TioPepe View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TioPepe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 1:57pm
This is my first post on this platform, I couldn't quite believe what I was witnessing yesterday evening. 
It's been interesting reading the views of others, the worst Ireland game I can remember watching in my lifetime due to the context of the game. One would of imagined the thought of going into Serbia level on points knowing a victory over them would all but guarantee a top place finish would of been enough motivation clearly not.

There needs to be urgent changes, Christie was very very poor in particular. Duffy was scary with the ball at his feet. Randolph starting over not just Westwood now but also Elliot is nothing short of remarkable. 

Arter was poor as others have pointed out, I don't believe Glenn Whelan allows anyone to play to their potential however. Walters shouldn't have started, and if was to start he had to start through the middle allowing McGeady to start. In fairness to Aiden when he came on he appeared to be the single player willing to take the game to Georgia.McClean should score not once, but indeed twice. Free header, that has to be buried at that level. And as for Jon Walters, he wasn't fit enough to start on the wing. 

Back to the drawing board for MON... What will he come back with? I suspect Daryl Murphy, McGeady and Wes Hoolahan. 

Daryl Horgan can't get in the PNE team, never mind starting for Ireland. Johnny Hayes would offer more, that claim is absolutely ridiculous. What Ireland needed last night was Scott Hogan, a striker capable of causing trouble without having to hoof the ball 100m in the air.

Edited by TioPepe - 03 Sep 2017 at 1:59pm
dubstep View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dubstep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 1:57pm
In the history of football at any profesional level you will be hard pressed to find a team who consistently fold and retreat into there shell like Ireland do when they go 1-0 up. Its like a disease . Utterly bizarre no matter who we play .

Edited by dubstep - 03 Sep 2017 at 1:58pm
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 1:58pm
Originally posted by belt belt wrote:

Has it been mentioned yet that Horgan was left out of the matchday squad yesterday so we could have 2 goalkeepers on the bench?

Not saying he should have been brought on or would have changed things but that is madness.....why is David Forde the only gk MON isn't afraid of upsetting?
You name a match squad of 23 and it must contain 3 goalkeepers. It isn't madness, it's the rules.
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 1:58pm
Originally posted by belt belt wrote:

Fifa rule says you have to three keepers in the 23.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 2:00pm
https://twitter.com/hashtag/RTEsoccer?src=hash

O'Neill's  interview with TOD
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 2:00pm
Brady and arter were very poor for all their promise. I reckon O'Neill sees Artur as a younger Wes with a more rounded game. It may well be the case but he wasn't putting it in for us last night. but it's up to the manager to see flaws are correct them. I can't see how Wes could not have improved things. In fact i think he could've dominated possession.

It's far from lost, we have 2 cup finals to play and hopefully one home banker. I suppose it's games like the next few that is what it's all about
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3738394041 47>
  Share Topic