You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Revolut Card:

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2324252627 38>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2020 at 2:10pm
I wouldn't be giving anyone access to my bank account regardless how reliable they are. Only takes some mistake or actual scam and you bank can turn around and say you’ve allowed access to your account to a third party, tough sh*t you lost a grand.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2020 at 2:15pm
Totally agree sham.  Would be very wary and certainly would not be jumping in
AKA pedantic kunt
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2020 at 2:26pm
Originally posted by Slow & Blind Slow & Blind wrote:

It looks like Wirecard could be in serious trouble which will be bad news for revolut. Covid-19 is starting to show up accounting scams and tricks companies have been hiding for years. 

Wirecard have been questionable for some time. There's a jouno at the FT who has had 3 or 4 articles on them in the last 2 years, each time saying their accounts are fraudulent. They did a sharebuy back program last year which is usually a statement of strength - a company taking back its shares and shredding them - but they did it for a tiny amount of the valuation they put on themselves. Share price usually shoots up after a buyback - theirs went down - everyone saw it for what it was.  
@AntrimMan85
Slow & Blind View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slow & Blind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2020 at 3:08pm
Originally posted by AntrimMan AntrimMan wrote:

Originally posted by Slow & Blind Slow & Blind wrote:

It looks like Wirecard could be in serious trouble which will be bad news for revolut. Covid-19 is starting to show up accounting scams and tricks companies have been hiding for years. 

Wirecard have been questionable for some time. There's a jouno at the FT who has had 3 or 4 articles on them in the last 2 years, each time saying their accounts are fraudulent. They did a sharebuy back program last year which is usually a statement of strength - a company taking back its shares and shredding them - but they did it for a tiny amount of the valuation they put on themselves. Share price usually shoots up after a buyback - theirs went down - everyone saw it for what it was.  
It looks like it'll take someone like verifone, fis/worldpay or elavon/sage to come in and buy them to sort out their problems. 
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2020 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

I wouldn't be giving anyone access to my bank account regardless how reliable they are. Only takes some mistake or actual scam and you bank can turn around and say you’ve allowed access to your account to a third party, tough sh*t you lost a grand.

Yeah I didn't link my accounts. Saw absolutely no benefit of it but increased risk
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2020 at 9:59am
Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

Yeah I didn't link my accounts. Saw absolutely no benefit of it but increased risk

+2

I don't see the benefit of doing it!
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2020 at 3:12pm
Yeah defo not linking any accounts. Madness to even consider it.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2020 at 3:17pm
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Yeah defo not linking any accounts. Madness to even consider it.

Is it? Why? It's part of an EU directive to make banking easier and applies to all banks with a licence as far as I can tell. There's nobody sitting there in revolut going over your transactions from the other banks. 
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2020 at 3:19pm

No they can't

Edit for more info, all linking your account does is show your bank transactions in revolut so you can see them all in one place. BOI had to agree to work with Revolut on it off the back of EU directives. You can't go from that to losing a grand for unauthorised access. 

Edited by nvidic - 22 Jun 2020 at 3:42pm
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2020 at 5:00pm
Yeah this is a new banking directive. It's been brought in to alow quicker transactions between banks, and to make it easier for people to switch banks. The ability to use one app is just a side benefit. I've hated the BOI one for years, so happy to never have to use that again
deco911 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Reg Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deco911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2020 at 5:01pm
all supported by EU this will be the norm in 5 years if not sooner. All part of the PSD2 directive and there are lads far more qualified on this in our forum to discuss or advise.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2020 at 5:05pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Yeah this is a new banking directive. It's been brought in to alow quicker transactions between banks, and to make it easier for people to switch banks. The ability to use one app is just a side benefit. I've hated the BOI one for years, so happy to never have to use that again

Tried to link the accounts but doesn't seem straightforward at all, any tips? 
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2020 at 3:09pm
Bought two shares in GameStop a few months ago for the craic, $4.14 each on the revolut app. 

Now worth $15.61 each. up 270%. 

I've no idea how shares work but (whilst it's no money at all), what do i do LOL

Edited by McG - 22 Oct 2020 at 3:09pm
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2020 at 3:10pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Bought two shares in GameStop a few months ago for the craic, $4.14 each on the revolut app. 

I've no idea how shares work but (whilst it's no money at all), what do i do LOL
Bye low, Sell High
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2020 at 4:01pm

Cash in while the going is good.  Get yourself summink nice
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2020 at 4:04pm

I got into shares through the Revolut app too, nice easy interface and very accessible.
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2020 at 4:12pm

Don't forget to declare you capital gains if you cash out.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2020 at 5:52pm

Michael Douglas in Wall Street explained it all. 'Give me 100 July fifty callers'...whatever that means.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2324252627 38>
  Share Topic