You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Umbro not for ÉIRE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8384858687 147>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2021 at 7:58pm
They were atrocious. sh*te rigid material. Cant bate the real deal Cool
Sponsored Links

DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2021 at 8:38pm
why the f**k can’t we have adidas back?
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2021 at 8:50pm
Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

why the f**k can’t we have adidas back?
Its very simple really amd been addressed on here numerous times even by Mr Umbro/New Balance/Toplion/etc etc

They have (Toplion) a contract.

Edited by Sham157 - 25 Aug 2021 at 8:51pm
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2021 at 8:52pm
How long is that contract again? Remember it being something ridiculous. I actually like most of the Umbro gear, new balance was absolutely awful. 
Charlton's Child View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2021 at 8:59pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Looking forward to the 25th year commemoration orange shirt next year!

I endorse this 
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2021 at 9:13pm
Originally posted by The White Cafu The White Cafu wrote:

How long is that contract again? Remember it being something ridiculous. I actually like most of the Umbro gear, new balance was absolutely awful. 

I dont mind Umbro either. Their stuff is good quality and they've a bit of originality about them. Nike & Adidas just use the same aul boring copy and paste templates these days for everyone. At least Umbro make an effort to cater for each client.

New Balance was f**king rubbish. Ive 20-30 year old Adidas and Umbro gear thats held up better than their stuff. The crests disintegrated off me hoodie and training shirt and the material is gone to sh*t.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2021 at 2:59pm
Johnny C blocked me on Twitter for daring to criticise the jersey! Sensitive little soul.
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2021 at 4:12pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Johnny C blocked me on Twitter for daring to criticise the jersey! Sensitive little soul.
LOLLOLLOL How dare you! You should know your history of this precious shirt! It is the 97th anniversary after all!
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2021 at 6:25pm

He sure doesn't like honest constructive criticism on a top that could have been designed by a ten year old on paint shop pro.
Chips don't bounce
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2021 at 7:27pm

But think of all the Shamrocks he had to look at. 
The dark side.. And the light
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2021 at 12:07pm

I like that man i must say , blocking you LOL
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2021 at 12:13pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Why don’t you ask him out?
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2021 at 12:24pm

Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Why don’t you ask him out?
Baldie would only get upset Heart
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
PaConnors View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaConnors Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2021 at 9:52pm
Senior squad wearing the new training gear this week: https://twitter.com/FAIreland/status/1445128443616796684?

Edited by PaConnors - 04 Oct 2021 at 9:53pm
PinginĂ­ View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PinginĂ­ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2021 at 9:25am
It's new stuff alright, even has the training under the Umbro diamond like all their new stuff has.

It's about time they usually launch a new set of kits too but I can see them holding off until March for the Nations League campaign.
counterlock View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote counterlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2021 at 10:44am
Originally posted by PinginĂ­ PinginĂ­ wrote:

It's new stuff alright, even has the training under the Umbro diamond like all their new stuff has.

It's about time they usually launch a new set of kits too but I can see them holding off until March for the Nations League campaign.

The new jersey isn't even out a year Wacko
Deco79 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deco79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2021 at 1:04pm
In fairness the current Home and Away jerseys are nice (Italia 90 rip offs in a way) and Umbro do do a unique piece or touch on a jersey for whatever club/country they produce gear for. 
I'd love adidas back myself but the contract is a hold up but both adidas and Nike have been lazy lately where nearly every club/country has the same templates. Norway away, Finland home are probably the only two that standout from the rest.
Puma awful and as others have said NewBalance are terrible
That centenary jersey could have been a lot better in terms of the neck and the crest
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2021 at 1:46pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8384858687 147>
  Share Topic