Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Umbro not for ÉIRE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4748495051 147>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2019 at 1:17pm
I kind of like it but need to see it as a full kit.  I generally prefer the normal green that we have but for a 18 months change I dont mind.  Arsenal had a nice jersey in 2006 that wasn't their normal shade of red.

I thought Umbro would be making this seeing as New Balance are pulling out of football (I thought).
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Sponsored Links

kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2019 at 1:23pm
Where did you hear NB were pulling out of football, they just lost a case against Liverpool to renew their deal with them. Also our deal is with Toploin not NB
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2019 at 1:32pm
Dunno just thought I heard it somewhere.  Their stuff is skank and use cheap materials for the crests. 

Juat seen it has green ahorts too. Very bad. Might look ok with white shorts. But definitely not an all green strip.

fr larry duff View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fr larry duff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2019 at 1:47pm
the dark colour will suit the lads that like to wear the one top for 3 or 4 days on an away trip. the beer and kebab stains will be less noticeable...
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2019 at 1:47pm
Can never understand why Paddy Power don't sponsor The EIRE.  Big Irish company, mareketing their bookies to the key demographic and willing to not put their logo on the jersey.  Everyone's a winner.  Place de forme as the say in France.

wicklowrunner View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wicklowrunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2019 at 2:14pm
The new Colour is RUC Green. IRFU went that colour about 10 years ago too.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2019 at 2:22pm
We've had close to that colour before for Euro 2012. Maybe slightly lighter but defo a darkish green
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2019 at 2:42pm
It will suit the lads in midfield who like to hide in the bushes from the ball during games as darker shade of green are harder to detect by the human eye. On a serious note if you remove the collar and the giant 3 I think she is lovely personally.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2019 at 3:10pm
I reckon a white collar with white shorts and it would have been decent enough. The green shorts are a disaster. 

lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2019 at 3:20pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

I reckon a white collar with white shorts and it would have been decent enough. The green shorts are a disaster. 

100% agree on the shorts should have been white 
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2019 at 3:25pm
will be a nice kit once the big 3 is gone the match lettering and numbering are put on. Won't be buying so makes no odds anyway
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2019 at 3:26pm
Originally posted by Nialler Nialler wrote:

It will suit the lads in midfield who like to hide in the bushes from the ball during games as darker shade of green are harder to detect by the human eye. On a serious note if you remove the collar and the giant 3 I think she is lovely personally.

Will the players be visible against the grass for the viewers?  It's hard enough to spot Collins, Hendrick and Hourihane as it is.

skylarking View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skylarking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2019 at 3:38pm
Honestly, I've given up on Ireland kits. Have the O'Neills retro one - gorgeous and it doesn't have PT / Telecom Eireann plastered across it. Spas keep buying them though, so we get what we deserve
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2019 at 3:53pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

We've had close to that colour before for Euro 2012. Maybe slightly lighter but defo a darkish green

And that was a gick jersey as well.

Absolutely awful this one and that gold sponsor is beyond rank.
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2019 at 4:05pm
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

And that was a gick jersey as well.

Absolutely awful this one and that gold sponsor is beyond rank.

Like Northern Ireland's 93 kit it was atrocious. Dead

Edited by irishmufc - 01 Nov 2019 at 4:06pm
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2019 at 4:11pm
Just looks like an Australia jersey to me. Ermm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2019 at 4:16pm
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

Just looks like an Australia jersey to me. Ermm

You meen a Sith Ifrika Springbok jersey.   It fills my heart with paroyde and rhaycism

Image result for go bokkeRelated image

Edited by Trap junior - 01 Nov 2019 at 5:19pm

Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2019 at 4:18pm
Would've rather it stayed closer to the traditional green but it is actually nice in fairness
Some people just deserve a slap
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4748495051 147>
  Share Topic