You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Umbro not for ÉIRE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4142434445 147>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2019 at 4:19pm
https://www.classicfootballshirts.co.uk/2017-18-ireland-player-issue-home-shirt-bnib.html

The last new balance shirt now available of CFS sponsor less 
Sponsored Links

Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2019 at 4:42pm
Originally posted by Charlton's Child Charlton's Child wrote:

https://www.classicfootballshirts.co.uk/2017-18-ireland-player-issue-home-shirt-bnib.html

Clap€53.84 incl postage. 
Charlton's Child View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2019 at 4:46pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Clap€53.84 incl postage. 

Use cf10 and get 10 % off as well 
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2019 at 5:07pm
having had a look at some of my sponsorless Umbro jerseys, they are very nice. I know they made some poor jerseys but they made some good ones too. And when there was no sponsor on the front it made a big diffference. The New Balance gear so far has been very poor  

Edited by Bob Hoskins - 01 Apr 2019 at 5:08pm
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
irelandshirts View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2019 at 5:50pm
I always think any Ireland jersey looks better without the sponsor. I think the New Balance gear has been safe but not spectacular so far. Their goalkeepers shirts have been lovely imo.
I'd be interested to see if New Balance bring out a 3rd shirt just so they could do something totally unique.

Maybe another orange kit like 1997.

The competition sleeve patches especially from the nation's league lift the shirts.

Edited by irelandshirts - 01 Apr 2019 at 5:58pm
WWW.IRELANDSOCCERSHIRTS.COM

irelandshirts View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2019 at 6:01pm
One of the nicest and largely forgotten about Irish kits we had over the years from Umbro was this one.

A stunning kit.

Edited by irelandshirts - 01 Apr 2019 at 6:02pm
WWW.IRELANDSOCCERSHIRTS.COM

doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2019 at 9:00pm

I have that jersey with the sponser. I dont mind the sponser tbh. Its a nice jersey in person esp the orange bits round the edge. Current one is not very nice. Like a t-shirt. And a poor enough t-shirt at that.

Edited by doherty - 01 Apr 2019 at 9:00pm
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2019 at 9:20pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

I have that jersey with the sponser. I dont mind the sponser tbh. Its a nice jersey in person esp the orange bits round the edge. Current one is not very nice. Like a t-shirt. And a poor enough t-shirt at that.

Would definitely say your in the minority regarding the sponsor
belt View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Fantasy Football Champion 17/18

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2019 at 9:55pm

Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Would definitely say your in the minority regarding the sponsor

The new jerseys do look very plain without the sponsor or a front number. I don't like that jersey in the above link without the sponsor....but don't like it with it either!!
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2019 at 10:29pm
Originally posted by irelandshirts irelandshirts wrote:

One of the nicest and largely forgotten about Irish kits we had over the years from Umbro was this one.

A stunning kit.

Aye that was a cracker
Bo Jackson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bo Jackson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2019 at 10:25am
The New Balance gear has been extremely poor quality. Which is even worse considering the prices being charged for it.
You don't know Bo?

2018 YBIG Fantasy Football Champ!
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2019 at 5:43pm
Originally posted by Bo Jackson Bo Jackson wrote:

The New Balance gear has been extremely poor quality. Which is even worse considering the prices being charged for it.
I’ve only bough sponsorless since before Euro 2016 and usually paid below retail than what is charged for the sponsored version. I was however bought half zip soft shell training top last august for my birthday. Its a cracking top on the eye but the quality is atrocious. Its daylight robbery.
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2019 at 6:05pm
Preferred embroidered crests too. 
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2019 at 7:52pm
The current New Balance deal ends next year be interesting to see if it gets renewed
depechemode View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote depechemode Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2019 at 12:17am
Kind of but everybody loved the Opel on the front. 
Loved this one 

Edited by depechemode - 03 Apr 2019 at 12:21am
George Zip View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote George Zip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2019 at 12:31am
Originally posted by depechemode depechemode wrote:

Kind of but everybody loved the Opel on the front. 
Loved this one 

Not me, I hated it. I never bought an Ireland jersey after they put Opel on it.
"Tell them to get out there and give it all they got and win just one for the Zipper. I don't know where I'll be then, Doc," he said, "but I won't smell too good, that's for sure."
depechemode View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote depechemode Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2019 at 12:54am
The older Adidas ones are copied but usually quite poorly , I prefer the Adidas jerseys in general but umbro had some gems too , as did O’ Neil’s 
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2019 at 8:07am
^Cue Ireland Shirts to spam with an array of sponsor-less Adidas, Umbro and O'Neil jerseys
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4142434445 147>
  Share Topic