You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Umbro not for ÉIRE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3435363738 147>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2018 at 8:32am
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

I haven't seen any China national shirts over here yet (well, not any real ones !).

There's a Nike jersey in Hongkou stadium that might do them (not sure they even make them)

But anyway, no point paying for a real one!
Sponsored Links

theheff1989 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
My name badge won a prize

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theheff1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2018 at 8:59am
Originally posted by The Tribesman The Tribesman wrote:

Is The Republic the only nation in the world, where the fans of the national team cannot buy the jersey the actual team wears for a match?Angry

You swear this was a new thing. 
DangerHere View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DangerHere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2018 at 9:42am
Originally posted by theheff1989 theheff1989 wrote:

Is The Republic the only nation in the world, where the fans of the national team cannot buy the jersey the actual team wears for a match?Angry

You swear this was a new thing. 

I am 37 years old and this has been a thing for as long as I can remember. I hate it but it is hardly a shock at this stage
yuehouzhifeng View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yuehouzhifeng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2018 at 9:45am
cfs怎么可能卖中国的
The Tribesman View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Tribesman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2018 at 11:29am
But does anybody know if we are unique in this regard i.e. not being able to purchase the replica shirt our ladz and ladies wear in the heat of battle!

If so, it really stinks of Paddyism of the highest order!Angry

Edited by The Tribesman - 21 Aug 2018 at 11:29am
gmfc90 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmfc90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2018 at 11:35am

But does anybody know if we are unique in this regard i.e. not being able to purchase the replica shirt our ladz and ladies wear in the heat of battle!

As far as I'm aware we are. I have an Angola football shirt I picked up a few years back and was sponsorless. If Angola can afford to do that there's no hope for us
Danger here, OH NO
foggy.nelson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foggy.nelson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2018 at 11:37am

Been done to death on here, from as far back as when johnnycee the umbro/new balance rep was on here posting. Not gonna change until  enough people boycott it and the FAI/Three/New Balance take note. No point in letting it get to you, it's easy enough to get them unsponsored, maybe not the newest ones straight away
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2018 at 11:41am
I think I remember seeing either Czech Republic or Austria not sure who had replica jerseys with a sponsor I think.

But they obviously sell them without sponsor too
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2018 at 11:47am
I've definitely seen Iceland jerseys with Carlsberg on them. 

Think I heard the Czech's had a sponsor on one of their jerseys before but these were given out free or in promotions by the sponsor and the un-sponsored version was still available to buy.

It's a pain in the hole that we have the sponsor logo on ours, I refuse to buy any but un-sponsored Ireland jerseys can be picked up on the net quite easily.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
valo88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valo88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2018 at 11:56am
I dont see why it bothers people so much, plenty are happy to parade around in their clubs colours with massive sponsors.. more often than not having more than one sponsor on the shirt.
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Tribesman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2018 at 11:59am
Originally posted by gmfc90 gmfc90 wrote:

As far as I'm aware we are. I have an Angola football shirt I picked up a few years back and was sponsorless. If Angola can afford to do that there's no hope for us

Actually, Angola is extremely resource wealthy and it costs a fortune if you are an expat working there to live in Luanda. Of course, it never filters down to The Ordinary Jose there!Angry
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2018 at 11:59am
Originally posted by valo88 valo88 wrote:

I dont see why it bothers people so much, plenty are happy to parade around in their clubs colours with massive sponsors.. more often than not having more than one sponsor on the shirt.

exactly, i don't happen to like the current one 3 but that only cause it does not look good in general. i used to love the Opel one though.
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Tribesman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2018 at 12:00pm
Originally posted by valo88 valo88 wrote:

Yes but they are the actual replicas of what the players wear on match day!

Same with our national rugby shirt!
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2018 at 12:01pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

I've definitely seen Iceland jerseys with Carlsberg on them. 

Think I heard the Czech's had a sponsor on one of their jerseys before but these were given out free or in promotions by the sponsor and the un-sponsored version was still available to buy.

It's a pain in the hole that we have the sponsor logo on ours, I refuse to buy any but un-sponsored Ireland jerseys can be picked up on the net quite easily.

This may be what I was thinking of
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2018 at 3:35pm
1994 Ireland Home Shirt (Very Good) XL
how class was this jersey....
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2018 at 3:48pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Deadly
theheff1989 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
My name badge won a prize

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theheff1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2018 at 3:54pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Maybe just me, but never got the appeal of that one. 
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2018 at 3:54pm
I think it's horrendous. 
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3435363738 147>
  Share Topic