You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ireland v Austria - 11th June - Match Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 56>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notpropaganda73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2017 at 11:41am
Looking at the remaining fixtures, realistically this is a must win if we want to try and top the group. Add on to that that we've already beaten them, away from home, and why on earth would we be content with a draw? Nonsense from Newstalk.

Hopefully we've a clean slate with injuries and the like. Bring it on
Sponsored Links

Stickittotheman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2017 at 11:56am
Long way to go until this one but I am of the feeling that O'Neil could well go cautious again. As in go out not to lose the game and hopefully nick a win.
Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2017 at 11:59am
Originally posted by Stickittotheman Stickittotheman wrote:

Long way to go until this one but I am of the feeling that O'Neil could well go cautious again. As in go out not to lose the game and hopefully nick a win.

Sure that is how we always play
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2017 at 1:29pm
He has a massive decision to make on who starts wide left for this one.
Stickittotheman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2017 at 3:24pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Originally posted by Stickittotheman Stickittotheman wrote:

Sure that is how we always play

I wouldnt say he plays like that all the time. Away from home yes but we have had a go at a good few teams at home.Injuries on friday night no doubt played a part in the tactics.
Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2017 at 3:54pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

I can't see anyone but McClean playing on the left, would like to see Brady play more central.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2017 at 4:26pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

I can't see anyone but McClean playing on the left, would like to see Brady play more central.

Moving Brady into the centre has only really worked so far against Italy and that was a reaction to how that particular game was developing. A lot of the time he has played more centrally he has struggled to get on the ball and have an influence and you are losing his crossing ability. There is no question that left wing is Brady's best position, unfortunately it is also the position where our form player is most natural. I do think both will be accommodated into the team somehow, hopefully it doesn't impact on the balance of the team.
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2017 at 10:28am
Originally posted by stokeirish stokeirish wrote:

Arnautovic being out gives us a golden chance here. He is their principle threat

Ilsanker is a big loss too but i agree 100%,he is a focal point of their attack,this is do or die for Austria so they will go all out,i think Serbia will beat Wales so if we can win this it will be a 2 horse race.
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
darragh90 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darragh90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2017 at 11:12am
Randolph
Christie Duffy Keogh Ward
Walters McCarthy Arter Brady
Wes
Long

If all fit of course. Then there's some great options on the bench
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2017 at 1:00pm
So are people still confident that we will be beating an average Austria after seeing the rubbish we have served up the last 2 games ?
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2017 at 1:03pm
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

So are people still confident that we will be beating an average Austria after seeing the rubbish we have served up the last 2 games ?
I'm not overly confident, I never am, but they drew with Finland last night and were far from convincing at home to Moldova. Plus they'll be missing Arnautovic. They're slightly poorer than us. I think we'll shade it but could well be a draw.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2017 at 1:20pm
It is the same old question really, where will the goals come from? McClean can't keep pulling us out! I don't think we will concede against Austria, made easier by Arnautovic being out, but I have severe difficulty in seeing us nick even one.
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2017 at 1:24pm

With no Arnautovic and home advantage we should battering Austria out the gate.

People worrying far too much about the draw with the top seeds in our group and a nothing friendly we put our third string side in.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2017 at 1:25pm

Yes, fairly confident they're missing two huge players people seem to keep forgetting Illsanker! 

We'll nick one from a set piece, full strength we're a lot better then what we seen v Wales if Brady had of been delivering some of those balls v Wales I'm fairly confident we'd of defeated them.
grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2017 at 1:26pm
Originally posted by darragh90 darragh90 wrote:

Randolph
Christie Duffy Keogh Ward
Walters McCarthy Arter Brady
Wes
Long

If all fit of course. Then there's some great options on the bench

Keogh should not start ahead of O'Shea or Clark. Walters is not a winger and I don't know why MON keeps playing him there. Either him or Long upfront with McClean on the wing. I do agree with you that Hendrick deserves to be dropped though. Still living off of the Euros and has done close to zilch since. Mind you, before the Euros he did close to zilch too.

Edited by grannyrule - 29 Mar 2017 at 1:28pm
The only way is up
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2017 at 1:34pm
Originally posted by SByrne24 SByrne24 wrote:

Yes, fairly confident they're missing two huge players people seem to keep forgetting Illsanker! 

We'll nick one from a set piece, full strength we're a lot better then what we seen v Wales if Brady had of been delivering some of those balls v Wales I'm fairly confident we'd of defeated them.
How is Ilsanker a 'huge player'? He has only started one qualifying game, against Moldova, also coming off the bench once. He wasn't even in the squad for the game against us, despite being involved in nearly every league game with his club, 22 starts and 2 substitute appearances from 25.

Edit; he came off the bench twice and wasn't in the squad twice.

Edited by pre Madonna - 29 Mar 2017 at 1:44pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2017 at 1:35pm
Originally posted by John Wick John Wick wrote:

Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

With no Arnautovic and home advantage we should battering Austria out the gate.

People worrying far too much about the draw with the top seeds in our group and a nothing friendly we put our third string side in.

We just do not batter teams.
He means 'batter' in the Bradser Bradley sense; no shots on target.
The Whisperer View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Whisperer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2017 at 1:51pm
Duo Package got for this one . Cant wait. ybig
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 56>
  Share Topic