You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ireland v Austria - 11th June - Match Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 56>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ireland v Austria - 11th June - Match Thread
    Posted: 24 Mar 2017 at 10:39pm
The good news is Arnautovic and Ilsanker are suspended for the Austrians for this one.  

They'll probably need to go all-out for three points, despite being away.  This might leave them a little exposed on the counter.  

We've no suspensions, but obviously sadly our captain will be out.  So long as we don't get an injury-list like we had for the Wales game, you'd have to say we're in with a good shout of three points....
Sponsored Links

GUFC_Andy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GUFC_Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2017 at 11:10pm
Bring it on! Bar the awful injury Seamus has suffered, we'll hopefully have a fully fit squad and there's no suspensions like you said.
Don't ban me for no reason, please.
adineen98 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adineen98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2017 at 11:17pm
I think we'll win. I'm gutted after tonight (feels like we've been hammered) but I'm confident we'll beat Austria. I do think it's important though that we beat them; I can't see Wales winning I'm Serbia. Ideal scenario for us would be a win against Austria and a draw in the Serbia-Wales match. Obviously, Seamus is a massive loss but we'll cope. 2-1 Ireland.

Pity the match is in June though

Edited by adineen98 - 24 Mar 2017 at 11:18pm
grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2017 at 11:21pm
Moldova should have equalised with 10 minutes to go. Austria are no great shakes as we know already. Without Arnautovic they don't offer much.

Edited by grannyrule - 24 Mar 2017 at 11:22pm
The only way is up
Cathalthesmart View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cathalthesmart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2017 at 11:21pm
If we and Serbia win that would make it a straight shoot out between us and Serbia for that top spot which will make it pretty straight forward with us playing Serbia at home, that 2-2 draw away looks to have been a huge result now.
Hi Lads
GUFC_Andy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GUFC_Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2017 at 1:26am
Lads what's the story with tickets for this? Will there be the option to buy tickets for this game instead of buying the duo package (this and Uruguay) ? If so when
Don't ban me for no reason, please.
SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2017 at 1:30am
We'll win this.

I think Bayern will go to the CL final, I am a Bayern fan so it's biased of course but I think Alaba will be burnt out and wanting a break and not a trip to Dublin, he probably has Dubai on his mind not Dublin. Marko is a huge loss, that means in comes Janko who offers you nothing bar a number of crossed balls, Ilsanker is the big loss also he really is a key part of their midfield playing well this year too. We can concentrate more on Stabitzer he's their one attacker who could cause our defence a few iffy moments.

Of course, let's hope our team is fit after a dire spell of weeks.

Coleman is a massive loss, of course but I think Christie or Meyler can do a job in there. We need Scott Hogan, it's as simple as that. We've one back up striker if Shane got injured this evening we were doomed.

I think Colemans injury will tighten the group too. Give James McClean the armband until Seamus is back.

Edited by SByrne24 - 25 Mar 2017 at 1:34am
GB 1HughJarse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2017 at 8:27am
Our players who were missing this match, are they all short term injuries?
Will the one's who missed out yesterday be back playing with their clubs in the next week or so?
June 11th, another 11 weeks away!

Avg of 10 games left in Premier League and 8 left in Championship.

Austria are there for the taking as long as we don't have as many injuries as yesterday.
3 pts is now a must to top the group.

adineen98 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adineen98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2017 at 8:49am
Originally posted by GB 1HughJarse GB 1HughJarse wrote:

Our players who were missing this match, are they all short term injuries?
Will the one's who missed out yesterday be back playing with their clubs in the next week or so?
June 11th, another 11 weeks away!

Avg of 10 games left in Premier League and 8 left in Championship.

Austria are there for the taking as long as we don't have as many injuries as yesterday.
3 pts is now a must to top the group.

Clark and Duffy were both out for around 6 weeks or so, while Murphy and Arter had niggling injuries as far as I'm aware. Clark and Duffy should be back sometime in April, while Murphy and Arter should be back in the next week or so
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2017 at 9:01am
This is a 100% must win game. Anything other than 3 points and we will have lost all our momentum.

We should have a stronger team than last night but we must play with confidence.
That first half last night was absolute muck. We were the home team but played so defensively.

We must play with freedom and try to win the game from the start.
We have it in us to beat this Austrian team by two goals.

djhegzy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djhegzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2017 at 9:15am
Lads who is out for austria? Seen it mentioned a few are suspended
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2017 at 9:15am
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

This is a 100% must win game. Anything other than 3 points and we will have lost all our momentum.

We should have a stronger team than last night but we must play with confidence.
That first half last night was absolute muck. We were the home team but played so defensively.

We must play with freedom and try to win the game from the start.
We have it in us to beat this Austrian team by two goals.
I don't see anything that makes me think we can beat any team by 2 goals? What are you basing this on?
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2017 at 11:00am
If we can't beat Austria at home we can't have any excuse for not qualifying .
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2017 at 1:01pm
I always thought it would be extremely unlikely that we would beat Wales, Austria and Serbia at home, that we would drop points somewhere along the way, maybe even in two games.

Having used up one get out card last night though, you would think that we would really need to be beating Austria at home in June. Two consecutive draws at home would be a loss of momentum and could even be putting qualification at risk.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2017 at 1:05pm
We should have beaten Austria in 2013 at home, when we were going through a very difficult period for Irish football. We were always looking vulnerable at that time, and the team was trying to find its feet and identity as we tried to recover from 2012. That Austrian team was a better set-up and was more capable than it is today. We should be able to win this one.
Peter Stöger View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

I am Wah.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Stöger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2017 at 1:25pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

That Austrian team was a better set-up and was more capable than it is today. We should be able to win this one.

That's precisely our problem. We should be a much better team that we are. If we were a school kid the reports would always say 'Good potential, needs to apply himself more' 
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2017 at 1:47pm
Originally posted by Peter Stöger Peter Stöger wrote:

That's precisely our problem. We should be a much better team that we are. If we were a school kid the reports would always say 'Good potential, needs to apply himself more' 

Agreed. But last night, we were suffering from our injuries, which nullified our most creative outlets before we even got out of the gate. I think with Brady and Wes available, and Arter able to provide his PL experience, we can rattle Austria here.
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2017 at 2:00pm
Originally posted by Peter Stöger Peter Stöger wrote:

Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

That Austrian team was a better set-up and was more capable than it is today. We should be able to win this one.

Our players couldn't apply themselves any more than they already do . We have never had a problem in that respect . Stupid comment
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 56>
  Share Topic