You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Trumpet

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 15>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2017 at 9:26am
Not a fan at all and the, last place they should be is in front of the SS. Thought it was funny that the majority of those booing wouldn't join in with any regular chants coming out of 114 though.
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Sponsored Links

OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2017 at 9:28am
just said this on facebook

It may have helped their cos if they were dressed like football supporters.
 Besides that their positioned in front of the only section that does their own singing anyway. 
Also the Trumpet does not sound like a native instrument for us, mic up an uilen pipe and they may be better off.
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2017 at 9:31am
I dont like it but it did get much of the crowd singing on friday that wouodnt usually. To be honest the singing section does need a boost as i think it has been poor the past few years.
Chips don't bounce
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2017 at 9:45am

The trumpets are poxy. This needs to go immediately. Get rid of the drums too. The idea came with good intentions but it didn't work. 

There's no easy fix for this. We all know the reasons why. Football clubs in England get big crowds, have loyal fans who turn up every week and many of them still struggle to create an atmosphere. 

The best way to get this started is to (either sort this ourselves or get one of the supporters clubs to) get a couple of megaphones, drums and bodhrans and get a few leaders to start chants. The important thing is to get as many people who have committed to singing all the way through the game to be based immediately around the leaders. It will grow from there. So get into the 114 early and take a prominent space with good acoustics. Go back to that spot every game. People who are interested in singing will gravitate towards this area in future. It might take a few games to get it going and it will take commitment but it's better than f**kin having to suffer through paid entertainers blowing trumpets while the opposition are attacking. 

Edited by MC Hammered - 29 Mar 2017 at 9:46am
El Puto Amo
alihau41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alihau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2017 at 9:59am

if/when anti-dear leader chants start, where are they most likely to come from? the establishment must think that the SS are to blame for it, and so probably the main reason why the band are positioned in front of them. means that the band is in between establishment and SS and therefore drowns out the anti chants

Lostandfound View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lostandfound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2017 at 10:08am
Originally posted by shakeyshamrock shakeyshamrock wrote:

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

I wouldnt boo them but reminds me of Englands great escape brigade. In fairness the crowd do respond to them. Overall not a fan.

the crowd right in front of them responded to them. no one around me (west lower) responded to them with anything other than rolled eyebrows. the north stand was full of kids who were singing their own songs, half the singing section seemed to be booing them and the others just stopped singing while they were playing. waste of time and money and to be honest, really annoying and distracting. 

It was funny when they first appeared in front of the West Lower on Friday to be met with a chorus of "get to f**k out of the way", "sit down yous p***ks" etc. 

Moving to the South Stand was even more ridiculous.  Wonder where they will be stuck for the Uruguay match?     

Also not sure if I imagined it but has the 'band' gotten bigger?  Eight muppets last night including a trombonist. 

kingofkings View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Going to a 'Bigger Club' next season

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kingofkings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2017 at 10:44am
FAI hired band tries to drown out Anti Delaney Chants......never!!

Have to say the SS has been poor the last few years but what do you expect when they push out the majority of the loyal fans and replace them with puppets
gmfc90 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmfc90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2017 at 11:43am
Is there actually a way to stop these trumpet lads? I'm sure they are footy fans but they have no place in the Aviva
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2017 at 3:01pm
Megaphones have been suggested in the past.

I just can't think the FAI would be satisfied with non-approved people bringing megaphones into the stadium, especially not in 114.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2017 at 3:03pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

I just can't think the FAI would be satisfied with non-approved people bringing megaphones into the stadium, especially not in 114.

Designated fan with a megaphone stood in the middle of the singing section - Joe McGlue stood beside him with an electric cattle prod to make sure he sticks to the script. Sorted !

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2017 at 3:09pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Maybe one of the darling SC's need to step up then. 
El Puto Amo
greenforever View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2017 at 3:23pm
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Not a fan at all and the, last place they should be is in front of the SS. Thought it was funny that the majority of those booing wouldn't join in with any regular chants coming out of 114 though.

While not a fan of this, it got the crowd going on Friday.

I taught it was pathetic to boo them, if you don't like them sing all game long, like it or not the only way to get the West and East Stands joining in is something like this.

Surely the most important thing is to get behind the team and that did not happen last night, and those that were booing were silent the rest of the game. 
I know nothing :-)
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2017 at 3:24pm
Why not take them loopers with the drums and put them in the isles of 114 and tell trumpet boy he ain't invited and they will catch him in Slatts later on
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2017 at 3:28pm
you want a band follow England . The best way of improving the atmosphere is cutting all the ads on the screens have a decent playlist of Irish music and give 100% on the field.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2017 at 3:29pm
Originally posted by greenforever greenforever wrote:

I taught it was pathetic to boo them, if you don't like them sing all game long, like it or not the only way to get the West and East Stands joining in is something like this.

Surely the most important thing is to get behind the team and that did not happen last night, and those that were booing were silent the rest of the game. 

Seen plenty who were booing and were vocal most of the night, your last sentence is just a lie isn't it?
gmfc90 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmfc90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2017 at 3:34pm
Thing that annoys me the most is songs that are getting going being taken over by the trumpet lads and drowned out. Killing off any chance for potential songs. Playing over the tannoy is completely obnoxious and the fact that they are playing down by the singing section makes a mockery of what the singing section stands for.
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2017 at 3:43pm
It didn't get the crowd going on Friday .Gareth Bale and Neill Taylor got the crowd going and I've yet to meet anyone who thought the band were an addition to the atmosphere as a matter of fact everybody thought they were an embarrasment.

Edited by gufct - 29 Mar 2017 at 3:43pm
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2017 at 3:44pm
Originally posted by greenforever greenforever wrote:

Complete spoof. 

You're totally wrong here either by accident or design. I was bang in the middle of 114 and many of those that were booing were the ones piping up and singing straight after the band finished each cameo. There was a fairly tuneless drummer in the crowd who waited for the band to stop and then he would start doing his thing. I can confirm that most of the booing people started singing in what appeared to be defiance more than anything else.

Answer me this. Why are the band placed directly in front of the only part of the ground that actually does make noise? 
El Puto Amo
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 15>
  Share Topic