Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Trumpet

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 15>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

pray for Mojo!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr.Mojo Risin' Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2017 at 8:40am
Was painful to listen to. Reminded me of the band that England have at their matches. Has to go.
Ahh heya!
Sponsored Links

johnp30133 View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnp30133 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2017 at 9:44am
It might have got the crowd going in parts, but it sounded horrendous. I'm no audiophile, but it was really "tinny" over the PA.
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2017 at 9:52am
Is there not some rule against using the PA to rile the crowd up?
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2017 at 9:53am
Terrible. It was like an ad for an Old El Paso dinner kit. After all the work done behind the scenes the last few years it's embarrassing that that is the end result. I suppose when you are more interested in silencing people you reap what you sow ..

Edited by BabbsBalls - 25 Mar 2017 at 9:56am
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2017 at 9:58am
Trumpet wasn't even discussed when we met the FAI. Didn't someone offer to do it on here? Wouldn't be a fan. Don't think it was that bad though, atmosphere was good last night despite how sh*t the game was. They don't need people in front of the south lower though, it's tvs test of the stadium that's the problem.
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2017 at 10:45am

One of the best things I've seen on twitter in a long time
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
CillDara View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CillDara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2017 at 1:57pm
Agree it sounded absolutely dreadful. It was embarrassing hearing it over the PA, the Welsh fans were laughing at us when it came on.
Howdo View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Howdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2017 at 2:50pm
Be better if it was a rusty trombone
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2017 at 2:56pm
Get rid
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
armahibee View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote armahibee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2017 at 3:12pm
f**king sh*te has to go, all that it was good for was a cheap chuckle
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2017 at 3:14pm
f**king awful
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2017 at 3:53pm
Playing piped music was embarrassing bin it. Where were all the Tifo's????
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2017 at 3:57pm
Get rid of it. Awful crap
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2017 at 3:58pm
Out.
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2017 at 6:56pm
Didn't go down well but at least something was tried . It would be worse if we were not trying . Also another thing . The Viking clap or our own version long before the Vikings robbed it from another club .. what's with the howling ? Stick to our original
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2017 at 7:17pm
Thanks to the FAI for creating the atmosphere for the team to succeedLOL
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2017 at 7:19pm
Annoying fcuking thing, that trumpet. 

There are a few things here though, firstly, whether anyone liked it or not, the crowd did join in. 

Second, and this has been said many times before, there is something wrong with the accoustics in the North stand. I was high in the West Upper, above the corner flag, so close enough to the SS. Could look down & see the SS fairly hopping, but couldn't hear a fcuking thing. Could hear the Welsh lads at the other end of the ground no bother at all when they started singing/chanting. No idea how to solve that one. 

Third, the reason the band is there in the first place is that (bar the few hundred in the SS and a few individuals/small groups dotted around elsewhere in the stadium) we are piss poor as fans at creating any atmosphere. No idea how to solve that one either. 

We are fairly good at reacting to what is going on on the pitch though, and the atmosphere noticably improved in the last 20 mins when we were attempting to attack, so maybe the key to the atmosphere is to attack at all times. We'll have to change manager to solve that one. 

Apropos of nothing in particular, I fcuking hate that miserable dirge/lament The Fields of Athenry so much that if I ever get me hands on a time travelling DeLorean, the first thing I'll do is go back & stop Trevaleyn's lads from taking Michael away. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2017 at 8:02pm
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

Playing piped music was embarrassing bin it. Where were all the Tifo's????

+1
Embarrassing and tacky, ditch it please and leave that sort of nonsense to the tanks (and the rugby)! Ffs they'll have cheerleaders next

Mind you, I've a feeling there would no doubt be some characters in 114 who wouldn't be complaining
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 15>
  Share Topic