You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Seanie Maguire

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3031323334 53>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2017 at 2:44pm
Kearney, you obviously weren't in Lille or Zenica?
El Puto Amo
Sponsored Links

rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2017 at 2:47pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Originally posted by CillDara CillDara wrote:

Maguire fully deserves his place in the squad and if we are trailing or in need of a goal at any stage then it is possibly worth the gamble of throwing him on based on his club form. However he is completely untested at this stage and this is why MON won't start him in either game. He has not played against players at the standard of Denmarks team.
Let me guess, 3 months ago you were saying the same about him at Championship level.

And FYI, Denmark's RB plays for Brentford

Brentford had two Danish defenders yesterday, Bjelland and Dalsgaard. Both played the 90 away to Montenegro in their crunch game earlier this month.

Edited by rolo - 29 Oct 2017 at 2:50pm
"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2017 at 2:58pm

Maguire fully deserves his place in the squad and if we are trailing or in need of a goal at any stage then it is possibly worth the gamble of throwing him on based on his club form. However he is completely untested at this stage and this is why MON won't start him in either game. He has not played against players at the standard of Denmarks team.
Let me guess, 3 months ago you were saying the same about him at Championship level.

One of their likely starting center backs played for Brentford yesterday - Bjellend.

Very interested to know what level you think Denmark are at?? Half of their players come from the Danish League and the Championship.

Their goalkeeper could well find himself playing championship next season, will Seanie Magiire suddenly be at the required level to play against the mighty Denmark then??

Edited by Maccatacca - 29 Oct 2017 at 3:05pm
kearney304 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2017 at 8:38pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Kearney, you obviously weren't in Lille or Zenica?

Maybe I wasn't clear which I have been over the past few months. Since that header in Lille, he has been absolutely terrible for us? Do you disagree? We are effectively trying our best to fit him in, he has poor discipline, his set pieces have been terrible, his attitude looks off and he looks like a different player. 

Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2017 at 9:02pm
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

One of their likely starting center backs played for Brentford yesterday - Bjellend.

Very interested to know what level you think Denmark are at?? Half of their players come from the Danish League and the Championship.

Their goalkeeper could well find himself playing championship next season, will Seanie Magiire suddenly be at the required level to play against the mighty Denmark then??
Not sure if that's aimed at myself or CillDara, I was saying Maguire has proved yesterday he can manage those Danish defenders if required. 
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2017 at 9:10pm

Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

Not sure if that's aimed at myself or CillDara, I was saying Maguire has proved yesterday he can manage those Danish defenders if required. 

Apologies, I couldn’t find CillDara’s original post, this was aimed at him. Your comments were spot on - I think some of us on here are vastly over rating the Danes, and the quality of players available to them, although I’m probably guilty of under estimating them!
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2017 at 6:51am
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Not liking a player because the club you support paid over the odds for him
Bren , do you understand the term " Limited " .....................

You should get a job in the media Censored
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2017 at 6:53am
Originally posted by kearney304 kearney304 wrote:

Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

How could McGoldrick have fallen down the pecking order considering his start to the season? If you're accusing Claret Murph of having a blinkered dislike of Hendrick, surely you could also be accused of having a blinkered horn on for Maguire? McGoldrick, Murphy, and Maguire have all had good starts to the Championship season, you couldn't realistically argue that any of them has done so much more than the other so as to set themselves way out in front of the pecking order. It's a lottery between any of the three in terms of form, which is a good position for us to be in.

As regards McGoldrick's fall down the pecking order (the real one, not just your one) - no point asking me chief, better off asking our manager, who didn't include McGoldrick in his match day 23 for either Moldova or Wales, but did include both Maguire & Hogan for both games.  That is a fact, it happened, the recorded team sheets, and the fact Maguire came on for 11 minutes V Moldova said so. Seemingly you have having a bit of bother coming around to this reality, as far as I can make out, mainly because it happened to clash with your opinion, something which you seem to value extremely highly.  Much to your disappointment, this is something I predicted happening a long time before Maguire was even named in the squad for those games. 

He isn't ahead of Murphy, I have never claimed that. I did say he was closer to the first team that what most people thought, said it back around March pre Wales home game,  and again 4 weeks ago pre Moldova & Wales, you disagreed both times. Just to remind you, in your estimation at the time of that DH, all of 4 weeks ago, he was 5th or 6th, behind a list of players, including your beloved McGoldrick. 

As regards who plays V Denmark, it is absolutely not a lottery, or anything like it. If fit, Murphy plays. If Long happens to score 1,2 or 3 in his next 2 Southampton games, the manager has a decision to make between those 2. If Murphy isn't fit, Long plays. After that ?? 

I'll throw the same question at you as I did at Murph, give me a compelling reason why Maguire shouldn't be next in line ?? Very much looking forward to the verbal contortions and the complete refusal to admit even the slightest possibility you might have been wrong on this. 

Good Morning Des
All very good questions so 3 players I will answer about as I see it .
Start with Hendrick , my huge beef about Hendrick is that he is a limited player who Burnley paid way over the odds for him from Derby , look Dyche wanted him badly and Derby knew it so they just sat on it until the price was right . I know how much an average player costs but at £10.5 I think his true worth was just over half of that . As I have said many times he just disappears during games where you would not think if he was on the pitch , just seems like a lads who doesn't want to get his shorts dirty and the idea of tackling anyone who make him sick thinking about it .
He needs to do more and get forward also I always recall a Derby fan saying that " he plays well in about one game in six " and so far this has been true to form .
 Robbie Brady , just love the lad as he can do no wrong with me .
Last season I knew he was going to sign for the club as a lad on the inside said it was all done just waiting for some Clown at Norwich to let him go , hey I told a few to get money on him I know one lad did so happy he made something out of it .
So back to Robbie , when he came in I think it was very hard for him the Dyche way takes some getting used to and you have to be really fit as he expects none stop running from every player . I think Robbie found this hard some of the crowd were on his back and like someone said on another forum he needs a pre season at Burnley which I think was very true . He scored a super free kick when Burnley played at home to Chelsea and that got him off the hook with a lot of fans .
Now this season again could do a lot more but it's the one pass that no other Burnley player could do that seals the deal errrr maybe the one at Everton springs to mind as he hit Wardy then he slotted it to Jeff one nil and  3 points , that's what Robbie can do just one moment of shear class wins games no other Burnley player has this . Now yes there are faults as I would like to see him burn a full back but you don't see that very often . He is very good with the use of free kicks . corners and is just about the best player we have to cross a ball , now I would take that on with Ireland also .
Maguire , hummm it's so much that the jury is out for me as I just think people are wanting Robbie Keane when they see him , he has a lot to prove for me . This season at Terryland I did watch him more than any other player as I wanted to see what all the hype was and to be honest he had a poor game never got a touch wasn't that interested or so it seemed , look everyone scored against Galway but Seanie was nowhere in that game . I saw him on the box a few times good movement and a real fox in the box give him a chance and he will take it .
On here and the Cork lads I talk to think he is the new god the second coming whatever . So like I said yesterday when I saw that he scored I said here we go . Has to start in Copenhagen , Seanie has to be the first name on the team sheet and so on . Let the lad come in slowly MON did well to bring him on at in the Moldova games the crowd wanted it that's for sure . It's just I hope he gets a chance and people don't expect him to score with every touch , it really could set the lad back if the crowd got on his back . Let's see how he gets on at Preston give him room to move this season and the hope that he will be the player we all want him to be .
I would have him on the bench in Denmark but Murphy has to start .
So that's it I think this is the longest post I have ever made on here .
 Love yer Des but don't ask anymore questions Heart

This post Confused

Like an article written on the daily mail. 

Hendrick, played well 1 in 6. We paid too much money and I don't rate him. 

How much was Brady? Plays one good ball in how many games? How consistent is he? 

So basically they are the same but you like fella more. Sound Thumbs Up

Fact is this. Brady has done nothing for Ireland, that's all I care about. He has been crap and gets away with it because he is the best at what we have for set pieces, maybe TJ should tell Guppy to sit down with him because this campaign his set pieces have been terrible. 

Hendrick has faded a bit but who set up that goal in Cardiff? Certainly wasn't Brady chasing and harassing creating the goal. 

Maguire is bang in form. Yes don't start him but should be 1st option off bench. And forget about this Cork nonsense. Just look at that goal yesterday. If that was brady you would be after jizzing yourself. He's unproven because he was poor at Terryland. Jesus, he left there with 12 league games left was it and was still top scorer LOL
Just as an outside guess K where are you from in Ireland LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL
stokeirish View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stokeirish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2017 at 7:24am
Heard it here first. He will come off the bench and score against Denmark. If this doesn’t happen, don’t hold it against me 😊
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2017 at 12:17pm

Come on Murph, in what way is he limited?
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2017 at 12:49pm
Watching Maguire take on lads reminds of the Duffer back in his day . I know Jimmy Mc does beat lads but he does it with brute speed more so than a silky skill
Dunsie10 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dunsie10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2017 at 2:09pm
Cant see O Neill using him away, whatever about the home leg, hes just too conservative as a manger to risk anything,
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2017 at 7:31pm

Come on Murph, in what way is he limited?
Goodness Bren at International level do really think Jeff is the real deal ?
HE GO'S MISSING IN MOST GAMES . Go you want me to say anymore ?
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2017 at 7:37pm
So does Brady murph
AKA pedantic kunt
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2017 at 8:49pm
Brady has been bad all campaign. Hendrick has been even worse except for coming up big in the first and last big moments of the group. Maybe you could make an argument for Hendrick that our entire midfield has gone missing, not just him.
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2017 at 10:31pm

How could McGoldrick have fallen down the pecking order considering his start to the season? If you're accusing Claret Murph of having a blinkered dislike of Hendrick, surely you could also be accused of having a blinkered horn on for Maguire? McGoldrick, Murphy, and Maguire have all had good starts to the Championship season, you couldn't realistically argue that any of them has done so much more than the other so as to set themselves way out in front of the pecking order. It's a lottery between any of the three in terms of form, which is a good position for us to be in.

As regards McGoldrick's fall down the pecking order (the real one, not just your one) - no point asking me chief, better off asking our manager, who didn't include McGoldrick in his match day 23 for either Moldova or Wales, but did include both Maguire & Hogan for both games.  That is a fact, it happened, the recorded team sheets, and the fact Maguire came on for 11 minutes V Moldova said so. Seemingly you have having a bit of bother coming around to this reality, as far as I can make out, mainly because it happened to clash with your opinion, something which you seem to value extremely highly.  Much to your disappointment, this is something I predicted happening a long time before Maguire was even named in the squad for those games. 

He isn't ahead of Murphy, I have never claimed that. I did say he was closer to the first team that what most people thought, said it back around March pre Wales home game,  and again 4 weeks ago pre Moldova & Wales, you disagreed both times. Just to remind you, in your estimation at the time of that DH, all of 4 weeks ago, he was 5th or 6th, behind a list of players, including your beloved McGoldrick. 

As regards who plays V Denmark, it is absolutely not a lottery, or anything like it. If fit, Murphy plays. If Long happens to score 1,2 or 3 in his next 2 Southampton games, the manager has a decision to make between those 2. If Murphy isn't fit, Long plays. After that ?? 

I'll throw the same question at you as I did at Murph, give me a compelling reason why Maguire shouldn't be next in line ?? Very much looking forward to the verbal contortions and the complete refusal to admit even the slightest possibility you might have been wrong on this. 

Good Morning Des
Start with Hendrick , my huge beef about Hendrick is that he is a limited player who Burnley paid way over the odds for him from Derby , look Dyche wanted him badly and Derby knew it so they just sat on it until the price was right . I know how much an average player costs but at £10.5 I think his true worth was just over half of that . As I have said many times he just disappears during games where you would not think if he was on the pitch , just seems like a lads who doesn't want to get his shorts dirty and the idea of tackling anyone who make him sick thinking about it .
He needs to do more and get forward also I always recall a Derby fan saying that " he plays well in about one game in six " and so far this has been true to form .
Last season I knew he was going to sign for the club as a lad on the inside said it was all done just waiting for some Clown at Norwich to let him go , hey I told a few to get money on him I know one lad did so happy he made something out of it .
So back to Robbie , when he came in I think it was very hard for him the Dyche way takes some getting used to and you have to be really fit as he expects none stop running from every player . I think Robbie found this hard some of the crowd were on his back and like someone said on another forum he needs a pre season at Burnley which I think was very true . He scored a super free kick when Burnley played at home to Chelsea and that got him off the hook with a lot of fans .
Now this season again could do a lot more but it's the one pass that no other Burnley player could do that seals the deal errrr maybe the one at Everton springs to mind as he hit Wardy then he slotted it to Jeff one nil and  3 points , that's what Robbie can do just one moment of shear class wins games no other Burnley player has this . Now yes there are faults as I would like to see him burn a full back but you don't see that very often . He is very good with the use of free kicks . corners and is just about the best player we have to cross a ball , now I would take that on with Ireland also .
Maguire , hummm it's so much that the jury is out for me as I just think people are wanting Robbie Keane when they see him , he has a lot to prove for me . This season at Terryland I did watch him more than any other player as I wanted to see what all the hype was and to be honest he had a poor game never got a touch wasn't that interested or so it seemed , look everyone scored against Galway but Seanie was nowhere in that game . I saw him on the box a few times good movement and a real fox in the box give him a chance and he will take it .
On here and the Cork lads I talk to think he is the new god the second coming whatever . So like I said yesterday when I saw that he scored I said here we go . Has to start in Copenhagen , Seanie has to be the first name on the team sheet and so on . Let the lad come in slowly MON did well to bring him on at in the Moldova games the crowd wanted it that's for sure . It's just I hope he gets a chance and people don't expect him to score with every touch , it really could set the lad back if the crowd got on his back . Let's see how he gets on at Preston give him room to move this season and the hope that he will be the player we all want him to be .

This post Confused

How much was Brady? Plays one good ball in how many games? How consistent is he? 

Fact is this. Brady has done nothing for Ireland, that's all I care about. He has been crap and gets away with it because he is the best at what we have for set pieces, maybe TJ should tell Guppy to sit down with him because this campaign his set pieces have been terrible. 

Hendrick has faded a bit but who set up that goal in Cardiff? Certainly wasn't Brady chasing and harassing creating the goal. 

Maguire is bang in form. Yes don't start him but should be 1st option off bench. And forget about this Cork nonsense. Just look at that goal yesterday. If that was brady you would be after jizzing yourself. He's unproven because he was poor at Terryland. Jesus, he left there with 12 league games left was it and was still top scorer LOL
Just as an outside guess K where are you from in Ireland LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

Where I'm from doesn't matter. Would prefer you to answer my post.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2017 at 10:33pm

[QUOTE=The O'Shea]How could McGoldrick have fallen down the pecking order considering his start to the season? If you're accusing Claret Murph of having a blinkered dislike of Hendrick, surely you could also be accused of having a blinkered horn on for Maguire? McGoldrick, Murphy, and Maguire have all had good starts to the Championship season, you couldn't realistically argue that any of them has done so much more than the other so as to set themselves way out in front of the pecking order. It's a lottery between any of the three in terms of form, which is a good position for us to be in.

Good Morning Des

This post Confused

Where I'm from doesn't matter. 

FYI Maguire is not from Cork, just because he played for City doesn't mean I care any more or less about him. My cousin is from Cork and plays with City, I'm not calling for him to be in the squad.

Would prefer you to answer my post.

Edited by kearney304 - 30 Oct 2017 at 10:34pm
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2017 at 11:10pm

Re McGoldrick; 

Probably because he was injured?

I was in Cardiff, and this news escaped me. I was at home on the Friday though, and the news escaped me then too. Throw up the link there when you get a chance (not just directed at O'Shea, anyone else please feel free). 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3031323334 53>
  Share Topic