You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Seanie Maguire

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2324252627 53>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adineen98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 6:45pm
Originally posted by TioPepe TioPepe wrote:

Maguire starting now. Jesus Sweet Lord. 

He's scored a few goals for PNE, lets all stay calm. He's a lot to prove, and he wouldn't suit our system he has no aerial presence considering most of our tactics involving playing one - two with clouds. 

Hogan will start v Moldova. Maguire will get a few minutes, Walters or Long will be rested for the last ambush at Wales a few days later.

Maguire scoring for fun at Cork City - It's only the LOO

Maguire scores a hattrick in Europe - It was against poor opposition

Maguire scores on his Preston debut - It was only a friendly

Maguire begins to establish himself in the Preston first team - He needs to score more

Maguire scores two goals in two games - Doubts over his ability to fit the current system

What more does he have to do ffs?
Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam
Sponsored Links

doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 6:49pm
Originally posted by adineen98 adineen98 wrote:

He's scored a few goals for PNE, lets all stay calm. He's a lot to prove, and he wouldn't suit our system he has no aerial presence considering most of our tactics involving playing one - two with clouds. 

Hogan will start v Moldova. Maguire will get a few minutes, Walters or Long will be rested for the last ambush at Wales a few days later.

Maguire begins to establish himself in the Preston first team - He needs to score more

Maguire scores two goals in two games - Doubts over his ability to fit the current system

he needs to age about 5 years.
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 7:06pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Originally posted by adineen98 adineen98 wrote:

he needs to age about 5 years.

And start making a lot more out of the fact that according to his wikipedia page he was born in England. Possibly start referring to us as "the Eire"
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
greenmachine68 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenmachine68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 7:25pm
Hope to god Maguire does come through for us. I think O'Neill and Keane will give him a run next month, they would rather throw him under the bus than take any blame for this poxy campaign. Word of caution Horgan displayed early outstanding form for Preston, can't get a look in now.
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 7:28pm
Originally posted by kearney304 kearney304 wrote:

Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

No Aerial Presence his first Goal for Preston was a header and he set up a goal with a header to hughill last week.

His first goal for PNE was against Burnley, it was most certainly not a header. 

He looks good with the ball at his feet, good touch, good control, decent finisher off a ball. Still its early days, he's now playing a proper league with teams that have the ability to beat their opposition weekly. 

Would be a good option from the bench.

It was his first official goal - a header. Not a pre season friendly 

Whats the betting Tio has never seen Maguire play live or on Television!!!
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 7:51pm
They love him on the Preston  forums LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Corkie View Post
So lads what's the verdict so far? As good as we predicted he would be or better?

Some of us are already referring to him as 'The Irish Aguero', make of that what you will.

TioPepe View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TioPepe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 8:40pm
Can't get in our squad, and now he's going to partner someone up front with a few days of his first ever training week. After a very short period in English football. Gas. 

Edited by TioPepe - 13 Sep 2017 at 8:41pm
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 10:11pm
Brilliant stuff. He's probably one of our biggest hopes in the short term. Long may it continue
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 10:22pm
Outstanding!!!!
Take a bow guys, you know who you are!!!
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 10:50pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

You're pre-supposing that Maguire would/will perform any better on the international stage than any of our current strikers, which is far from a certainty. At the least, it'll probably take him time to bed in. I've nothing against the guy, for what it's worth I think he should have been called up to the training camp in Fota Island. The reality is however that when he was in the LOI he was (rightly) down the pecking order, and he's (rightly) still only 5th/6th choice.

I'm not in the slightest, I'm well aware that it could take him time to find his feet at international level, or get used to the way the team plays etc. He could come off the bench V Moldova or Wales & not get a kick of the ball. All I'm saying is that he should be part of the conversation, and should have been part of it a few months back. Having said that, the Moldovan CB's are hardly likely to be anything wildly different to anything he has encountered in the championship or the few games Cork had in Europe, whatever about the Welsh ones. 

Again, I think he is closer to the team than some people think, I would agree with you that he may be 4th or 5th choice starter at the minute (It isn't MON's way to throw lads in at the deep end in general, though Kevin Long was an exception to that too), but he could well be higher than that as a sub. 

Put it this way, if we are 1-1 with Wales with 15 minutes to go, and Murphy has already come on for Long or Walters, is McGoldrick the man to come off the bench and get us that goal ? I know you seem to rate him highly, it isn't an opinion I share, and the evidence so far would suggest he isn't, and will never be that fella. Maguire just might be though, and if MON had done his job properly, he would be in a better position to judge whether he could be or not, right now, none of us really know, but can only go on the evidence of form, which suggests he could be. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 12:31pm
OK Im no football expert but Im going to International Football since 1993 , and Going to LOI games since 1989, Ive seen good players not make it across the water, Ive seen better players not go across the water. Ive see more of Maquire than O'Neill has and IMO he should be in the matchday squad.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
KenSRFC View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KenSRFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 2:11pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

OK Im no football expert but Im going to International Football since 1993 , and Going to LOI games since 1989, Ive seen good players not make it across the water, Ive seen better players not go across the water. Ive see more of Maquire than O'Neill has and IMO he should be in the matchday squad.

I would have to agree its disappointing that he didnt make the last 2 final squads. I know the excuse was used that Cork had matches at the time of the summer friendlies but lets face it the league was already over at that stage and I am sure Caulfield wouldnt have had an objection to allowing him earn his international debut then
AnCearrbhach View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 2:25pm
Originally posted by KenSRFC KenSRFC wrote:

Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

I would have to agree its disappointing that he didnt make the last 2 final squads. I know the excuse was used that Cork had matches at the time of the summer friendlies but lets face it the league was already over at that stage and I am sure Caulfield wouldnt have had an objection to allowing him earn his international debut then

Happier he stayed and beat Dundalk to be honest. That was the game that ended the league really. 
Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.
Peter Stöger View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

I am Wah.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Stöger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 9:57pm
Has to play the long game and wait for better offers
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 9:59pm
Sean Maguire up front on his own versus Wales and we will lash long balls up to him all night
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Peter Stöger View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

I am Wah.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Stöger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 10:15pm
Another lad needing a bit of a kick up the arse career wise if he wants to get his Ireland shirt nailed down
BippityBoop View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BippityBoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2017 at 4:33pm
Seanie just assisted Preston's third goal. Currently 3-1 to Preston vs Birmingham

Edited by BippityBoop - 16 Sep 2017 at 4:34pm
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2017 at 5:42pm
Assist here:
https://twitter.com/BluesAbroad/status/909077096877756416

They've won four on the trot with Maguire in the starting line up
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2324252627 53>
  Share Topic