Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Attendance Figures 2017

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 12>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2017 at 2:13pm
Originally posted by skinnymalinx skinnymalinx wrote:

Shut up you utter dick.
Are you another ostritch ? Are you happy with this start ?
Sponsored Links

Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2017 at 2:44pm
Take this Shams sh1te to the thread. You don't need to be mystic meg to know what's going to happen to Bradley.
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona
Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2017 at 3:08pm
Week 6
Premier Division
Cork V Dundalk - 6,746
Bohs V Drogheda - 800
Bray V Limerick - 649
Pats V Shams - 2,000 (est)
Harps V Sligo - 1,751

First Division
Waterford V Wexford - 1,647
UCD V Longford - 80 (est)
Cabinteely V Cobh - 175 (est)
Athlone V Shelbourne - 150 (est)

Edited by Bitored - 26 Mar 2017 at 3:59pm
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona
Daragho View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daragho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2017 at 4:39pm
80 estimate at UCD? Jaysus, I'm surprised someone didn't go around and count them by hand.

I don't understand why Pats don't release official figures. They're available, because all tickets are scanned electronically.

Edited by Daragho - 26 Mar 2017 at 4:40pm
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2017 at 5:02pm
Originally posted by Daragho Daragho wrote:

80 estimate at UCD? Jaysus, I'm surprised someone didn't go around and count them by hand.

I don't understand why Pats don't release official figures. They're available, because all tickets are scanned electronically.
Embarrassment?
Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2017 at 5:14pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Embarrassment?
Your probably right. Even though I wasn't at the game, going on past experience I`d be surprised if Pats got 2k in. Even during the league winning season they rarely topped 1500.
As for UCD, they`re attendances are always topped up by traveling support. Longford don't have a traveling support so you get crowds of below 100.

I`ve no idea how FD clubs stay operational on those crowds. Considering some will be season ticket holders, 100-200 people going to games is probably around E1000 from the gate. That wouldn't even cover match night costs. Never mind pay playing staffs wages/expenses.
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2017 at 5:14pm

Embarrassment?

I heard that the 80 at the UCD bowl were the remains of a can drinking session held there the night before discussing the return of the Celtic Tiger
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2017 at 5:20pm
Originally posted by Bitored Bitored wrote:

Embarrassment?
Your probably right. Even though I wasn't at the game, going on past experience I`d be surprised if Pats got 2k in. Even during the league winning season they rarely topped 1500.
As for UCD, they`re attendances are always topped up by traveling support. Longford don't have a traveling support so you get crowds of below 100.

I`ve no idea how FD clubs stay operational on those crowds. Considering some will be season ticket holders, 100-200 people going to games is probably around E1000 from the gate. That wouldn't even cover match night costs. Never mind pay playing staffs wages/expenses.
I would imagine if 2000 were there then Shams would have had a fair few there.
UCD is a pretty big university, surely they can attract a few hundred of them on a Friday night? Or move it to a night that will attract them.
Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2017 at 5:48pm

I would imagine if 2000 were there then Shams would have had a fair few there.
UCD is a pretty big university, surely they can attract a few hundred of them on a Friday night? Or move it to a night that will attract them.
But that's always been the problem with UCD. I don't think it matters what day it is on.
While UCD is a big college the majority of the students come from outside of the South Dublin area.
Any LOI fan going to UCD most likely has a club they follow.

I think UCD have contributed a hell of a lot to the league in terms of player development and their college/sports partnership programme is a model every club in the league should look to follow.
They are also the most stable club in the league. There could be a nuclear winter and UCD would still be playing football in the bowl.

My own view is there should have been a strategic plan drawn up around the time Cabinteely were looking to get into the league. Have a partnership of Cabinteely/UCD and possibly 1 or 2 more big schoolboy clubs along the lines of what Galway did with giving Mervue and Salthill a stake in the club.
The club could either play out of the Bowl or somewhere like Donnybrook Stadium and really go after the population in South Dublin.
That didn't/wont happen of course.
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2017 at 6:00pm
Originally posted by Bitored Bitored wrote:

Week 6
Premier Division
Cork V Dundalk - 6,746
Bohs V Drogheda - 800
Bray V Limerick - 649
Pats V Shams - 2,000 (est)
Harps V Sligo - 1,751

First Division
Waterford V Wexford - 1,647
UCD V Longford - 80 (est)
Cabinteely V Cobh - 175 (est)
Athlone V Shelbourne - 150 (est)

It would be a disaster if UCD got promoted. It would be three teams down and nobody coming up.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2017 at 6:24pm
I agree regarding UCD Bitored, they are definitely the best ran club in the league, they must be the only club that has never had a financial worry, but surely they can get more than a 100 people to watch them! They have 30,000 students plus staff and alumni, I don't think it is unrealistic to think they could attract a few hundred more to their games.
roverstillidie View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2017 at 7:25pm
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

Bradley has to go, wrong man wrong job, the attendance's will fall and quickly at SDCC stadium, a lot of the lads i was with last night at junkieville are not happy with how this is panning out, only a matter of time now before we let bradser know his fate
at least rocketfingers was funny. This is pathetic. Trying to get lashed so you can make some point no one else cares about. even the other bohs fans on here thing you are a mongo
trevwaterford View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trevwaterford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2017 at 7:37pm
Great crowd at the RSC last night. We had an average of just over 300 last season so fans are coming back in big numbers since the takeover and rebranding in the off season.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2017 at 7:42pm
Originally posted by roverstillidie roverstillidie wrote:

Bradley has to go, wrong man wrong job, the attendance's will fall and quickly at SDCC stadium, a lot of the lads i was with last night at junkieville are not happy with how this is panning out, only a matter of time now before we let bradser know his fate
at least rocketfingers was funny. This is pathetic. Trying to get lashed so you can make some point no one else cares about. even the other bohs fans on here thing you are a mongo
I have a feeling you will be taking another break..........LOL
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2017 at 7:43pm
Originally posted by trevwaterford trevwaterford wrote:

Great crowd at the RSC last night. We had an average of just over 300 last season so fans are coming back in big numbers since the takeover and rebranding in the off season.
Good to see they are getting behind the new club, for the moment at least.
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2017 at 9:12pm

Originally posted by roverstillidie roverstillidie wrote:

I have a feeling you will be taking another break..........LOL
Unbelievable Jeff LOL
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2017 at 10:53pm
How are Bray basically full time when they're only getting 650 through the gates?
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2017 at 11:48pm
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

How are Bray basically full time when they're only getting 650 through the gates?
The Carlisle Ground site is prime seafront real estate, if the owners can just manage to shift that pesky football club.
So in a way small crowds are very good for them.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 12>
  Share Topic