You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

UEFA Nations League

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6364656667 126>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2019 at 8:18am
Doesnt matter if they're in the same qualification group, playoffs are based on the Nations League. 
Sponsored Links

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2019 at 8:20am
It’s all very simple!
schillaci View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la
I love Scott HULK Hogan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schillaci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2019 at 8:45am
Originally posted by Yoco Santos Yoco Santos wrote:

Its based on the Nations League rankings rather than actual qualification groups. Sure we had Denmark in the NL and again in the qualifiers. If Georgia managed to finish 2nd behind Switzerland, we could have drawn Denmark in the play offs too.

Cool. Thanks mate. So we could actually have a playoff final against the 6 counties?

Edited by schillaci - 16 Oct 2019 at 8:45am
Stimpy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stimpy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2019 at 8:45am
Pi = 3.14
dogrady26 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dogrady26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2019 at 9:13am
So the higher ranked team gets home advantage in the playoff semi-final and final?
Stickittotheman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2019 at 9:15am
Originally posted by Yoco Santos Yoco Santos wrote:

The draw format is still up in the air as UEFA haven't said specifics around the draw apart from they will try to keep hosts apart, NL Group Winners can't play teams from a higher league and they will start the draw from Path D. 

With host aspect in mind, I imagine they will bump at least one of Romania or Hungary up to path A. That way all hosts that are in the playoff will be in separate paths (Scotland C, Ireland B, Romania or Hungary A - if both qualify for playoffs, one will stay in C)

The teams that could still need the playoffs from League B

Bosnia - barring a freakish set of results will be the topped ranked team in League B playoff
Sweden - will most likely qualify directly for the tournament
Austria - 99% will qualify directly directly for the tournament
Wales - Probably 50-50 to qualify directly for the tournament or need the playoffs
Czech Republic - will most likely qualify directly for the tournament
Slovakia - Probably 30% to qualify directly. Most likely will end up in the play offs
Turkey - 99% will qualify directly for the tournament
The Éire - We only do playoffs
Northern Ireland - Most likely need a play off.

The most likely scenario for B is the five below teams qualify for the four B play off spots.

In order of ranking

1. Bosnia
2. Wales
3. Slovakia
4. The Éire
5. Northern Ireland

*If only 4 teams from B qualify, the below is irrelevant as the four teams will play 1st v 4th, 2nd v 3rd. Realistically only Wales or Slovakia can qualify directly (obviously ROI can with a win v Denmark too...) :

Wales qualify directly - Bosnia v NI, Slovakia v ROI
Slovakia qualify directly - Bosnia v NI, Wales v ROI

If 5 (or more) teams qualify for the play offs in Path B, there will be a draw to move teams up to Path A until there are four teams left in Path B. 

Bosnia have to stay in path B as they won their NL Group and ROI will most likely have to stay in path B as the only host nation in that path. So a draw will take place to move one of Wales, Slovakia or Northern Ireland (or any more teams that need a play off from Path B - exception being if Sweden need a play off. As group winners, they must stay in Path B also) up to path A. 

Wales get drawn up to A - Bosnia v NI, Slovakia v ROI.
Slovakia get drawn up to A - Bosnia v NI, Wales v ROI.
NI get drawn up to A - Bosnia v ROI, Wales v Slovakia

Home semi final is gone now as far I can tell unless Slovakia beat Croatia 0-7 away and then draw their last game with Azerbaijan with Wales winning their last two matches. Wales and Slovakia qualify directly for the tournament, every other team above us in B qualifies as expected and leave us as the second best ranked team in B. So you're saying theres a chance...

I have read this 4 times now and still can't understand what the f**k is going on. Bottom line is though that at the moment we are more or less guaranteed a play off?
Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2019 at 9:23am
Originally posted by dogrady26 dogrady26 wrote:

So the higher ranked team gets home advantage in the playoff semi-final and final?
I thought it was done by male life-expancy in the state’s capital city? 
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2019 at 9:44am
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Doesnt matter if they're in the same qualification group, playoffs are based on the Nations League. 
Doesn't matter who we draw, they will bash us.

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
PhilBabbBonanza View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilBabbBonanza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2019 at 9:55am
If we can't qualify needing a single win from our last two games or via a play-off we don't deserve to be there to be honest.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2019 at 10:26am
Groups as below according to Ewan McKenna, I believe its a coin toss to see who would have hole advantage for a final

B Bosnia - N Ireland Slovakia - Ireland
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2019 at 10:26am
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Groups as below according to Ewan McKenna, I believe its a coin toss to see who would have hole advantage for a final

We surely have hole advantage in Dublin?
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2019 at 10:27am

As if it wasn't complicated enough already! Although we might actually have a chance in golf. Hopefully we get the 16th at the K Club.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2019 at 10:32am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

We surely have hole advantage in Dublin?

You could toss a coin between Dublin and Bratislava in terms of which is the bigger hole to be honest. 
Lansdown Roar View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lansdown Roar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2019 at 10:36am
Tiny stadium too so more hassle with tickets ffs
They've only gone and done it
Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2019 at 10:37am
Any early talk of a Delaney train being laid on for Slovakia?
Gabrieléire View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gabrieléire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2019 at 11:23am
sorting travel for that potential double header would be a nightmare surely? And tickets as well, would it be sold as a double header match? With refund if we didn’t win the semi-final? The thought of winning in Bosnia and trying to work out a way to either, get to Bratislava, Cardiff or home LOL

I’m sure though, many people will have it worked out well before if it comes to it. All part of the fun of being an international football fan Smile
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2019 at 11:25am
Originally posted by Gabrieléire Gabrieléire wrote:

sorting travel for that potential double header would be a nightmare surely? And tickets as well, would it be sold as a double header match? With refund if we didn’t win the semi-final? The thought of winning in Bosnia and trying to work out a way to either, get to Bratislava, Cardiff or home LOL

I’m sure though, many people will have it worked out well before if it comes to it. All part of the fun of being an international football fan Smile
We will only have one game, which will male the trip easier.*

*Unless UEFA have added a back foot through a third-place playoff in the playoffs.
UCDFAN View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UCDFAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2019 at 11:30am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by Gabrieléire Gabrieléire wrote:

We will only have one game, which will male the trip easier.*

*Unless UEFA have added a back foot through a third-place playoff in the playoffs.

*mail the trip. It used to be a cheap travel option for people to move about.
www.ucdsupporters.ie
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6364656667 126>
  Share Topic