You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Callum Robinson

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 53>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Tribesman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2019 at 12:47am
Originally posted by gazurtoids gazurtoids wrote:

Can't get excited about this guy, just doesn't look up to International standard to me

granted we've alot of player like that but I don't get excited by them either
I think the same and also with our other strikers except Long!
Sponsored Links

The Tribesman View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Tribesman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2019 at 12:49am
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Can't get excited about this guy, just doesn't look up to International standard to me

But we’ll get a good view of him in the PL which will set the standard for expectation. A player can look good at Championship level and struggle in the Premier League. If enough of our lads are playing together on a weekly basis with Sheffield United, and doing well, that will be great for Ireland.

Has any Championship striker who was transferred to a Premiership club done well in recent years?
None springs to mind!
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Tribesman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2019 at 12:52am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

I can understand that. Our current squad is sh*te.Hope lies with these young lads coming through, surely some of them will be decent! 
Our current squad is probably our weakest since before Gilsey started managing us!
Pauldaly1984 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauldaly1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2019 at 6:09am
Originally posted by The Tribesman The Tribesman wrote:

But we’ll get a good view of him in the PL which will set the standard for expectation. A player can look good at Championship level and struggle in the Premier League. If enough of our lads are playing together on a weekly basis with Sheffield United, and doing well, that will be great for Ireland.

Has any Championship striker who was transferred to a Premiership club done well in recent years?
None springs to mind!

Callum Wilson and Jamie Vardy are two that spring to mind. Both were playing in the championship for a number of years Answer1 went on to become established premiership strikers. They got promoted with their clubs rather than transferring to a premiership club. Troy deeney another 

Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Tribesman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2019 at 10:56am
Yes, getting promoted with your club is different though to coming in to a Premiership Club raw from another one in the Championship.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2019 at 11:01am

None springs to mind!

I actually argue that with some thought you could actually put together a team of Championship players who have made the step up over the past 5 years.
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2019 at 10:49pm

Yes, getting promoted with your club is different though to coming in to a Premiership Club raw from another one in the Championship.

Not many EPL clubs buy strikers out of the championship for the past few years though, so its going to be a struggle to name an ex championship striker who has done well in the EPL. Some of the better strikers in the championship the last few years (Abraham, Mitrovic, Dwight Gayle) were EPL players loaned down the way in the first place, while nearly anyone else making the step up did so with the club they got promoted with. 

To answer the original question, Chris Wood got 10 goals for Burnley in the EPL after transferring from Leeds, go back a bit further and Josh King did OK after going from Blackburn to Bournemouth, though more in his 2nd season than the first. Most on here would be happy if Robinson could get around the 10 goals Chris Wood got. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2019 at 10:56pm
I rate him quite highly for current Ireland international standards. He's been PNE's best player and think he will do a decent job in the Prem. 
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2019 at 10:42am
Robinson will do fine in the Premier League. 

Reckon he’ll score 8-10 goals.
cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2019 at 6:36pm
Started and scored in the friendly today. Enda assisted. 

Stimpy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stimpy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2019 at 7:15am
Screamer of a goal too apparently 
King Neymar View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King Neymar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2019 at 9:34am
Twas an excellent finish, his is the lesser of the 3 roles CW needs so don't be too surprised if he's only seeing bench time/impact sub etc.. 

Smashing player will score a few I reckon but must know he's a rotation /first sub player for the season. 
He loves the kids, he brings the gear, thinks he's Mother Theresa this year.....
eddiebro View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eddiebro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2019 at 9:48am
An attacking trio of him Parrott and Connolly could be pretty sick in 12 months time
Stimpy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stimpy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2019 at 9:57am
Originally posted by King Neymar King Neymar wrote:

Twas an excellent finish, his is the lesser of the 3 roles CW needs so don't be too surprised if he's only seeing bench time/impact sub etc.. 

Smashing player will score a few I reckon but must know he's a rotation /first sub player for the season. 

You'd think he's a starter when they broke their transfer record for him when the window opened?
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2019 at 10:36am
Originally posted by King Neymar King Neymar wrote:

Have you single handedly taken it upon yourself to inform the world that Robinson is only going to be a substitute? Because none of the evidence thus far points to that; he was signed for a record fee, he's played regularly since signing, and he's scored regularly too. If anything, all evidence points to the probability that he's going to play pretty regularly if he keeps up this form.
We're decent enough..
Pauldaly1984 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauldaly1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2019 at 11:23am
Yeah think king Neymar is a little off with his predictions
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2019 at 8:56pm
Brilliant finish this weekend from a Stevens cross
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2019 at 9:10pm
Originally posted by eddiebro eddiebro wrote:

An attacking trio of him Parrott and Connolly could be pretty sick in 12 months time
I thought there was a clampdown on puns?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 53>
  Share Topic