You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

U2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 13>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2017 at 5:59pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

U2 on BBC1 tonight at 21.00 for an hour doing songs from the new album and some of their older stuff.
Cool

Staring at the wall watching paint dry it is so.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2018 at 9:14pm
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2018 at 9:17pm
Love that clip
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2018 at 9:27pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Love that clip

Had never come across it before! I saw Bailey live before and he was brilliant. He's a musical genius.
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2018 at 9:46pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Love that clip

Had never come across it before! I saw Bailey live before and he was brilliant. He's a musical genius.

Brilliant comedian. The show that clip is taken from is excellent.
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2018 at 10:18am
Tickets got for their concert in belfast in October
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2018 at 10:24am
A mate of mine is putting on a tribute band in the button factory march 16th for anyone interested.

They're actually decent. Had a great crowd last year the day before the main gig in Croker.

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2018 at 11:29am
Tuesday gig tickets in the bag Thumbs Up

That sounds good Bhob Clap
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2018 at 4:52pm
I've a seat on Monday night and also hopefully a standing ticket for Friday or Saturday. I've seen them loads of times but never indoors so it should be great.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2018 at 9:51pm
Got tickets for Tuesday too. the last one in hte 3 was the best gig I've ever seen, setlist and visuals were sensational. Looking forward to the new show
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2018 at 11:23pm
Didn't get tickets as mind was elsewhere. Missed them last year as I was away but saw them indoors for the innocence tour. If anyone wants to sell me a ticket, I would appreciate it :-)
AKA pedantic kunt
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2018 at 1:59pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Didn't get tickets as mind was elsewhere. Missed them last year as I was away but saw them indoors for the innocence tour. If anyone wants to sell me a ticket, I would appreciate it :-)

Put another date on in belfast tickets go on sale next friday. Seen them in belfast in 2015 and was great it's the smallest arena on the tour which adds to the experience imo
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2018 at 2:36pm
Long way from Clare to there
AKA pedantic kunt
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2018 at 3:11am
5:05 on. 

The absolute Zoo-enith of perfection. 

Fender-bend me to heaven.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYWYDSrXqLA

Still regret being too young to witness it in person. 
kimbap View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimbap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2018 at 5:18pm
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

I was 14 at the time and wasn't allowed go. My mates had got seated tickets beside eachother. I decided if I could get a ticket Id sneak off from school and go with them (all the way from Mayo! ) I actually manged to get a ticket a few days later but it was standing. I sold it on as I didn't want to be on my own. My mates just went straight into the standing area anyway .Its genuinely one of the biggest regrets of my life not going to that gig. I listened to it live on 2fm and recorded it off the radio on 2 cassettes which I still have. 

I've seen them loads of times around the world since but that was them at their absolute peak. I hope they tour the 30th anniversary of Acthung Baby in 2021.
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2018 at 11:23pm
Originally posted by kimbap kimbap wrote:

Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

I was 14 at the time and wasn't allowed go. My mates had got seated tickets beside eachother. I decided if I could get a ticket Id sneak off from school and go with them (all the way from Mayo! ) I actually manged to get a ticket a few days later but it was standing. I sold it on as I didn't want to be on my own. My mates just went straight into the standing area anyway .Its genuinely one of the biggest regrets of my life not going to that gig. I listened to it live on 2fm and recorded it off the radio on 2 cassettes which I still have. 

I've seen them loads of times around the world since but that was them at their absolute peak. I hope they tour the 30th anniversary of Acthung Baby in 2021.
Zoo TV is the daddy of all tours. 

I'd be slightly surprised if they did a 30th anniversary edition of it. The latest tour was pretty heavy with material from Achtung Baby and there was a big Zoo TV influence on the whole presentation of the show. The intro to it with the piano from Zooropa was the best one they've done since that tour, or at least since PopMart. 

ripbomb View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ripbomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2020 at 2:10pm
The band have donated €10 million for PPE in Ireland. Now wait for people to have a pop at them
Gabrieléire View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gabrieléire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2020 at 2:36pm
Originally posted by ripbomb ripbomb wrote:

The band have donated €10 million for PPE in Ireland. Now wait for people to have a pop at them

Should have been 11millionAngry!!!! 

In all seriousness though, not a fan of the band and in particular Bono but credit where credit is due ClapClap
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 13>
  Share Topic