You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

North of Ireland Politics

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5960616263 129>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2019 at 12:51pm
And I want to make this clear, I couldn’t give a flying f**k about Saoradh, but I do give a f**k about BBC ethics and standards. I don’t think she upheld them here, despite the praise I see she is receiving for her ‘interview’. Whatever ‘attitudes ‘ people may have after the tragic death of a journalist, the BBC shouldn’t be indulging them. Her job is to report news and not make it. She isn’t working for the S*n or Mirror.

Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2019 at 12:54pm
While I agree that I don’t like doorstepping, I still don’t think there has been any major breach of journalistic ethics by approaching him, and asking questions. He doesn’t have to answer anything or indulge the reporter, and he didn’t.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2019 at 1:02pm
I think there has. We will be probably go around in circles. I don’t want to be ‘disgusted’ in Tunbridge Wells, but I am a great believer in the BBC for all its alleged flaws and faults and I think she let them down here while getting praised for it.

Funnily enough, if she had been working for a tabloid paper or station I would most likely be commending her. 
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2019 at 8:06pm
Jim Wells on BBC 2 NI not a happy bunny about the first openly gay DUP candidate who was elected today LOL

Edited by Denis Irwin - 03 May 2019 at 8:08pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2019 at 12:35pm
This could also be posted in that what I learned today thread but - Soldier F was responsible for shooting 5 people dead on Bloody Sunday.

I know he is being charged with killing 2 of these but I didn't know that he killed 5 people.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2019 at 7:42pm
Least we forget on this day 1981 Robert Gerard Sands made the ultimate sacrifice for his beliefs, may he Rest In Peace ☘️
LO SCIENZIATO View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2019 at 11:41pm
Great to see SF loosing seats in Belfast and Derry council's 

Well done to the alliance party and people before profit making gains. Clap

Edited by LO SCIENZIATO - 05 May 2019 at 11:46pm
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2019 at 3:57am
Originally posted by LO SCIENZIATO LO SCIENZIATO wrote:

There's no Derry council anymore? I could be wrong?
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
LO SCIENZIATO View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2019 at 8:47am
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2019 at 10:18am

A dissident Republican tops the poll in Derry
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2019 at 11:21am

It could be worse, they could have been loosing stools.
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2019 at 11:22am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

It could be worse, they could have been loosing stools.

Big smile
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Floreat Ultonia View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Floreat Ultonia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2019 at 10:15am
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2019 at 12:31pm
Great to see SF gaining seats in Lisburn and Castlereagh Council as well as Antrim and Newtownabbey Borough Council-where I look forward to working with them
Jerryfromkerry View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerryfromkerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2019 at 11:05pm
Originally posted by Floreat Ultonia Floreat Ultonia wrote:

Don't think that's accurate. Including independents Percentage vote Nationalist 41.6% +0.4% Unionist 44.3% -5.0% Alliance-Green 14.1% +4.6%
No man has the right to fix the boundary to the march of a nation. No man has the right to say to his country “thus far shalt thou go and no further"
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2019 at 10:33pm
The figure in the diagram above is the percentage of councillors, not the vote share.

Nationalist candidates received 41.6% of the vote and 37.4% of the councillors (4.2% underrepresented), unionist candidates received 44.3% of the vote and 45.9% of the councillors (1.6% overrepresented) and others received 14.1% of the vote and 16.7% of the councillors (2.6% overrepresented).

It's not a perfect PR system; I'll say no more than that.
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2019 at 2:43pm
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2019 at 2:55pm

Those stories of their servicemen using murder victim's skulls as ashtrays must be too much to bear for them.  

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5960616263 129>
  Share Topic