You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

North of Ireland Politics

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 129>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 1:56pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

SF 'Highly Irresponsible'to collapse Stormont according to Nigel Dodds in Westminster

You're wrong Denis.

It's SF trying to put policemen and soldiers in the dock according to big Sammy.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 2:09pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

SF 'Highly Irresponsible'to collapse Stormont according to Nigel Dodds in Westminster

You're wrong Denis.

It's SF trying to put policemen and soldiers in the dock according to big Sammy.

You seen Sammy streaking again?
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 2:11pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by bogball88 bogball88 wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

You're wrong Denis.

You seen Sammy streaking again?

Unfortunately yes,

I spotted him in Lisburn using his mikey as a tripod.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
alihau41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alihau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 2:51pm
SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 3:55pm
Originally posted by alihau41 alihau41 wrote:

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/arlene-foster-will-want-northern-ireland-election-fought-on-any-subject-other-than-rhi-cash-for-ash-fiasco-35355306.html

She's turning it to a Green white and orange debate, she has to. Although for the first time in history the UUP, PUP even Alliance are stamping down on it (Right now the Union is safe in their eyes and so it is), this is corruption nothing more and nothing less infact a PUP member put on Twitter 'If we'd rather be robbed by a Prod then leaded by a Catholic then we're in trouble' 

There will be lots of people who will see nothing else then a Union Jack and stay true to Arlene.. however many will go to the UUP/Alliance and many more just won't vote at all I believe Nesbitt has handled himself well he's from pretty close to me and I don't have much to say about him I think overall he'd be a big step forward.

A bigger step forward would be the nationalist vote improving, that has to happen under 50% is pathetic. 

Edited by SByrne24 - 10 Jan 2017 at 4:01pm
alihau41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alihau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 4:30pm
Originally posted by SByrne24 SByrne24 wrote:

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/arlene-foster-will-want-northern-ireland-election-fought-on-any-subject-other-than-rhi-cash-for-ash-fiasco-35355306.html

She's turning it to a Green white and orange debate, she has to. Although for the first time in history the UUP, PUP even Alliance are stamping down on it (Right now the Union is safe in their eyes and so it is), this is corruption nothing more and nothing less infact a PUP member put on Twitter 'If we'd rather be robbed by a Prod then leaded by a Catholic then we're in trouble' 

There will be lots of people who will see nothing else then a Union Jack and stay true to Arlene.. however many will go to the UUP/Alliance and many more just won't vote at all I believe Nesbitt has handled himself well he's from pretty close to me and I don't have much to say about him I think overall he'd be a big step forward.

A bigger step forward would be the nationalist vote improving, that has to happen under 50% is pathetic. 

very true, always the case up north. of course the nationalists will hammer her for making it a green v orange debate, which will lead to the unionists fighting on this front and that means the DUP will win. if change is needed, all opposing parties have to keep it to the RHI farce. the more I read about the RHI scheme, the more it makes me cringe on how on earth it was implemented in that format. DUP would have to make serious concessions between now and Monday in order for SF to fill deputy role
SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 4:39pm

very true, always the case up north. of course the nationalists will hammer her for making it a green v orange debate, which will lead to the unionists fighting on this front and that means the DUP will win. if change is needed, all opposing parties have to keep it to the RHI farce. the more I read about the RHI scheme, the more it makes me cringe on how on earth it was implemented in that format. DUP would have to make serious concessions between now and Monday in order for SF to fill deputy role

Listening to Nesbitt/Eastwood earlier in the car on my phone they appear to be working in conjunction on the issue. SF have, they've told the DUP accept gay marriage.. well thats not going to happen so it'll be a general election in early February i seen Alex Kane has mentioned. An election is needed now, it could damage the DUP heavily.. strike while the iron is hot and have a general election.

I can't see McGuiness staying on, i think that will damage SF also. Outside McGuinness a lot of their party do lack any form of charisma, some of the SF ministers have been appalling as have the DUP mind. I mentioned this wouldn't work, and it lasted months.. why people keep voting for the same nonsense I don't understand, it baffles me.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 4:45pm
You've got a car on your phone?Shocked
SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 4:47pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

'in the car on my phone' 

BBC Ulster on my phone connected via bluetooth to the car system, not quite amazing technology. 
alihau41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alihau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 4:48pm

Listening to Nesbitt/Eastwood earlier in the car on my phone they appear to be working in conjunction on the issue. SF have, they've told the DUP accept gay marriage.. well thats not going to happen so it'll be a general election in early February i seen Alex Kane has mentioned. An election is needed now, it could damage the DUP heavily.. strike while the iron is hot and have a general election.

I can't see McGuiness staying on, i think that will damage SF also. Outside McGuinness a lot of their party do lack any form of charisma, some of the SF ministers have been appalling as have the DUP mind. I mentioned this wouldn't work, and it lasted months.. why people keep voting for the same nonsense I don't understand, it baffles me.

surely DUP would benefit from an early election when there are less facts and results of the 'cash for ash' debacle rather than when everything is out in the open which would be found once a full investigation has completed? with full view of the RHI investigation then there would be much more of a flight from DUP to UUP and Alliance...
SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 4:52pm

surely DUP would benefit from an early election when there are less facts and results of the 'cash for ash' debacle rather than when everything is out in the open which would be found once a full investigation has completed? with full view of the RHI investigation then there would be much more of a flight from DUP to UUP and Alliance...

That is a very true point but what happens if the facts aren't as bad as we'd all like, Nama was over looked (massively) some reports claim Robinson/Wilson had upto 7million stashed yet we never heard about it.. public out cry is there at the minute, personally I would prefer one now, where Forster is against the wall.

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 5:08pm

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

'in the car on my phone' 

BBC Ulster on my phone connected via bluetooth to the car system, not quite amazing technology. 
You mean on the phone in your car? Disappointing.Cry
alihau41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alihau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2017 at 9:30am

That is a very true point but what happens if the facts aren't as bad as we'd all like, Nama was over looked (massively) some reports claim Robinson/Wilson had upto 7million stashed yet we never heard about it.. public out cry is there at the minute, personally I would prefer one now, where Forster is against the wall.

I'm sure what will come out of the investigation is that a couple of heads below foster at the time will be the fall guys and seen as being negligent. foster will be provided an easy route out and will therefore push on to keep as representative for DUP in the executive. I doubt there would be any kickback on this if the UK Treasury were paying the whole RHI bill, rather than leaving 490mn to be dealt with locally (if NI voted to stay part of the EU, you know full well that EU would make the NI taxpayer foot the whole bill)
Gashley Grimes View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gashley Grimes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2017 at 9:43am
Martin McGuinness looks seriously ill hope he makes a speedy recovery.
Did a cycle for a Children's hospital in 2013 from Dublin to Derry and he came to meet us in the Brandywell at Derry City's ground.

A decent politician.
Gashley Grimes View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gashley Grimes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2017 at 9:50am
...anyway the British govt. will sort this out Arlene's just there puppet and they are her paymasters.
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2017 at 9:46am
Paul Givan has now reinstated the Liofa Irish language bursaries , saying he has now been able to find the money!
randyrandolph View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote randyrandolph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2017 at 10:51am
laughable isn't it. the DUP really are a party of dinosaurs. why any young, educated Unionist would vote for them i'll never know.

to me this is all theater. SF's long game has always been to disrupt or (as unionists put it) keep the concession meter running. and they're very good at it. the last thing SF want is a fully functional and economically viable NI.  every few years things blow up and eventually after talks and concessions, it quiet down again, and the UK giv picks up the bill.

the bigger and far more important picture in all of this is brexit. it's happening and the consequences for the north are huge. the DUPers campaigning for brexit was another, in a long line of, stupid political moves. foster is an amateur compared with MMG. at least robbo was fairly shrewd, although he took his eye off the ball with mrs robbo.

brexit is a nightmare scenario for the unionist position. forget the border and immigration issue, for which there is absolutely no logical solution, firstly who the hell is going to pay for the short-fall in EU funding that NI receives (several hundred million euros a year). whose gonna pay the farmers several hundred million in EU subsidies? The uk have said they'll foot the bill but only to 2021 moment. why on earth would they keep paying it for another generation?! the english despise the place. it offers nothing and costs an absolute fortune.

the only viable long term solution is a one island economy. every fool knows it. the english would certainly love the prospect. the report on "modeling irish unification", undertaken by some canadian firm last is worth a read if you have time. difficult to access how accurate it is but the findings are very interesting and it points to the one island economy as the best long term solution for ireland.

anyway, we will watch this one play out but dont be fooled by all the noise of heating schemes, irish language, equality etc... this is SF doing what they do best and timing it nicely when the english couldnt get a flying f00k about the place. the election will produce a similar result with perhaps SF/ DUP loosing a bit of ground, but this is all just part of the theater. 2021 Census just around the corner which will see the pendulum of prod majority swing - that wont change voting overnight, but psychologically it's relevant.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 129>
  Share Topic