You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

North of Ireland Politics

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 119120121122123 129>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2024 at 12:09pm
2 full English breakfasts please....doh!

Edited by doherty - 09 Feb 2024 at 12:09pm
I love beer gardens
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2024 at 12:11pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

2 full English breakfasts please....doh!

4 Full British Isles Breakfasts please

Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2024 at 12:16pm
Tea or Coffeeee...Tea or Coffeeeee LOL
I love beer gardens
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2024 at 7:57pm

Jim Allistersaurus complaining about discrimination LOL

Edited by irishmufc - 12 Feb 2024 at 7:59pm
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2024 at 11:30pm
Complaining about colonial rule, no less. Jim Fein.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2024 at 11:18pm
Nolan Live on now.  Who is a guest on it about to speak?  Jim Allister. 
I've said this. I've seen this programme maybe 10 time sover the last 2 yrs.  Allister has beena  guest on it about 75% of those shows.  A loyalist propaganda show.

Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2024 at 11:39pm
Yet you keep watching it, been told its a loyalist propaganda show, watch it again and then come on here again saying its a loyalist propaganda show. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2024 at 12:06am
Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

Yet you keep watching it, been told its a loyalist propaganda show, watch it again and then come on here again saying its a loyalist propaganda show. 

Why shouldn't I watch it?Confused

I don't agree with or like the attacks on Gaza on the news but I still watch it.

Edited by Trap junior - 15 Feb 2024 at 12:22am

Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2024 at 12:33am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

Why shouldn't I watch it?Confused

I don't agree with or like the attacks on Gaza on the news but I still watch it.
Fill your boots, TJThumbs Up You just seem to be repeating the same thing re Nolan, hence my post. 
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2024 at 4:28pm
https://belfastmedia.com/new-dup-minister-s-extraordinary-memo-on-sports-language

In the North the DUP instructing to only use the word football in relation to soccer and that the word soccer is banned. Would go down well with a few lads on here. NEVER NEVER NEVER.
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2024 at 5:20pm
Hoax, apparently. Journalist Amanda Ferguson has put out a statement on Twitter from the Department of Communities denying that such a memo existed.
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2024 at 7:06pm
Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

Hoax, apparently. Journalist Amanda Ferguson has put out a statement on Twitter from the Department of Communities denying that such a memo existed.
A shame 😞

Looks like some on YBIG are more extreme then the DUP regarding the football Vs soccer debate. 

Edited by eireland - 18 Feb 2024 at 7:06pm
razzmatazaz View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razzmatazaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2024 at 8:36pm
Compulsory viewing in light of all the recent talk about a United Ireland.

Edited by razzmatazaz - 18 Feb 2024 at 8:36pm
notpropaganda73 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notpropaganda73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2024 at 9:58am
It's an alright watch yeah, I still don't really know what Trimble thinks though other than "identity is complicated". 

I remember Trimble's appearance on Claire Byrne and the chat on Second Captains that's mentioned at the start of that video by Barry Murphy. The overwhelming feeling I got at that time was he doesn't want to address the constitutional question at all, and feels as though chat about a United Ireland is "forcing" him to "make a choice". But the status quo is a choice in itself. Taking no position is still a position. There needs to at least be an acknowledgement of that. 

I think it's wishful thinking or wilful blindness that wants to just carry on as the "new middle" of "Northern Irish, not just British or Irish, but both, or neither" without any engagement on the bigger question of partition and unity. 

But maybe he's evolving just like is mentioned in that video by Mo Hume with regards to identity always evolving. Maybe this is stealth propaganda on the part of unity LOL
razzmatazaz View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razzmatazaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2024 at 11:22am
Originally posted by notpropaganda73 notpropaganda73 wrote:

It's an alright watch yeah, I still don't really know what Trimble thinks though other than "identity is complicated". 

I remember Trimble's appearance on Claire Byrne and the chat on Second Captains that's mentioned at the start of that video by Barry Murphy. The overwhelming feeling I got at that time was he doesn't want to address the constitutional question at all, and feels as though chat about a United Ireland is "forcing" him to "make a choice". But the status quo is a choice in itself. Taking no position is still a position. There needs to at least be an acknowledgement of that. 

I think it's wishful thinking or wilful blindness that wants to just carry on as the "new middle" of "Northern Irish, not just British or Irish, but both, or neither" without any engagement on the bigger question of partition and unity. 

But maybe he's evolving just like is mentioned in that video by Mo Hume with regards to identity always evolving. Maybe this is stealth propaganda on the part of unity LOL

Yeah, I'd definitely agree with that. I don't think Andrew needs to worry about it though. More Catholics would vote to remain in the UK than Protestants would choose to leave. There are also more Catholics converting to Protestantism than vice versa. 
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2024 at 11:32am
Originally posted by razzmatazaz razzmatazaz wrote:

Originally posted by notpropaganda73 notpropaganda73 wrote:

Yeah, I'd definitely agree with that. I don't think Andrew needs to worry about it though. More Catholics would vote to remain in the UK than Protestants would choose to leave. There are also more Catholics converting to Protestantism than vice versa. 

Source?

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2024 at 11:34am
You hardly need a source for that, it's complete nonsense or he's on the wind up. 
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2024 at 11:50am
Even if that is true the amount I would imagine would be completely negligable. A hell of a lot i'd say are leaving both religions but I'd imagine political views remain unchanged
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 119120121122123 129>
  Share Topic